Do we win without Dez?

Frozen700

Reaction score
We definitely do not win this game without Dez.

TDubs seems to only beat single coverage when the play breaks down and Romo performs his play ground antics. He also still hasn't learned to catch with his hands instead of his body.

I told people this. Beginning of the season when he was balling, they flamed me. I told them, they would see later on.

We can't rely on the guy. Not saying our Number 2 needs to be another Dez, but why not a Sanu? or Cobb? or Alshon? Hell even Martavius Bryant.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trolling what? The guy sucks, the offense gets bogged down because he's incapable of getting open unless given ten seconds to do so. Imagine this unit with a Pierre Garcon type as the number two?
Yup, and then imagine it with Demaryius Thomas as the number three receiver. That would be cool.

Frozen700

Reaction score
If you just took Dez away it would be a disaster but I would assume the team would bring in another WR if they couldn't sign him long term (and this would be after two years of franchise tag).

We would, but that other WR could he have the impact of a Dez? I'm telling you now, if we went after any of the premier WR's who can do what Dez does, we would still have to pay them. Also how many Rookie WR's come out like Dez?

Only 2 this year so far. Mike Evans, and Beckham. I'm talking complete game changers.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Trolling what? The guy sucks, the offense gets bogged down because he's incapable of getting open unless given ten seconds to do so. Imagine this unit with a Pierre Garcon type as the number two?

Yes, we need a legit number 2. Garcon wouldn't be bad. He would be an upgrade for sure, and would take advantage of the single coverage. Williams barely does that. We have to force it to Dez, who even when covered, isn't.

But it would make life a little better, if we didn't have to do that every time when the game in on the line, or period at all.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No we don't.

But let's give lil Beasley some credit. He's pretty close to unguardable in the slot.

And he has some good wiggle and RAC. I love watching The Bease. I worry that he will take a big hit with his little self, but he is elusive enough to avoid head on collisions.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Yup, and then imagine it with Demaryius Thomas as the number three receiver. That would be cool.

Come on, you know what the guy means. Williams is not getting it done. I know he is loved by some here, and he has his once in a blue moon great moments, but we need consistently. Even a L Robinson type. A guy who can consistently beat his man single coverage, and take pressure off Dez.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
I think Williams has shown he's not a legit or reliable #2.

Would love to add a real one to move TWill down to the #3 receiver.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dez is a cog in this offense, no arguing that. But, to say he is the difference between wins and losses is a bit premature IMO. Romo, and no one else, is the difference between competitive and non-competitive for this team. Well, the OL is 70% of it but w/o Tony, this team would struggle to win 6 games..

Dallas can win without Dez but would they be able to win without Romo? No

Regardless of the above, pay the man and lets play some ball!

TonyRomo17

Reaction score
I think Street should start to get some snaps over T-Will, hes just as good as blocker as t-will is

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Williams has shown he's not a legit or reliable #2.

Would love to add a real one to move TWill down to the #3 receiver.

I think Street should start to get some snaps over T-Will, hes just as good as blocker as t-will is

How does this stuff even get started? We've got more good skill position guys on offense than we've got footballs. There's no reason to get down on TD just because the CB made a great play on a ball in the air today.

hairic

Reaction score
You're taking away a player and not suggesting their alternatives. A receiver would have been signed in free agency or drafted in 2011-14, or later on in 2010, and Dallas might have drafted a defender worth something instead. If Dallas had drafted McCourty in the 1st and Antonio Brown in the 6th, would they be winning?

If the NFL announced tomorrow that Dallas's roster will be limited to 52 total players for the remainder of the 2014 season, and they are giving us until Wednesday to decide between cutting Romo, Dez, Murray, or Smith to get the roster to 52, is cutting Dez your worst case scenario?

Frozen700

Reaction score
Dez is a cog in this offense, no arguing that. But, to say he is the difference between wins and losses is a bit premature IMO. Romo, and no one else, is the difference between competitive and non-competitive for this team. Well, the OL is 70% of it but w/o Tony, this team would struggle to win 6 games..

Dallas can win without Dez but would they be able to win without Romo? No

Regardless of the above, pay the man and lets play some ball!

I agree with you, but......

I do think the way the team is built, it would be very hard to win consistently without Dez.

Like I really would love if you could tell me, who would make the plays he did, to help us win, in the second half? I tried to think couldn't think of 1 guy.

Witten is great, but we can't force 5 yard passes to him all day long. You saw what happened when we tried to take a shot to him down the seam, he couldn't get separation that great, and a second later that safety picks it.

Williams? I won't even touch that subject.

Frozen700

Reaction score
How does this stuff even get started? We've got more good skill position guys on offense than we've got footballs. There's no reason to get down on TD just because the CB made a great play on a ball in the air today.

I won't lie bro, T-Will has not been consistent. Game in and Game out. We need a legit number 2. Even though Murray got his 100 yards, for what it is worth, he basically was a non factor. Then when we had to pass, we had to force it to Dez, or Beasley would make a great play and turn a play designed to get 1st down/10 yards into huge gains.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I won't lie bro, T-Will has not been consistent. Game in and Game out. We need a legit number 2. Even though Murray got his 100 yards, for what it is worth, he basically was a non factor. Then when we had to pass, we had to force it to Dez, or Beasley would make a great play and turn a play designed to get 1st down/10 yards into huge gains.

The ball goes where the coverage goes, but when your running game is working, or Dez is blowing up, it's not going to go to Terrence Williams. Other than the drop on the really tough throw over the middle in the Commanders game....have you seen him *not* make a play where there was a play to be made? He pretty much catches everything you throw to him. I don't think we beat the Superbowl Champs up in SEA if he's not playing WR2 for us that day.

Frozen700

Reaction score
You're taking away a player and not suggesting their alternatives. A receiver would have been signed in free agency or drafted in 2011-14, or later on in 2010, and Dallas might have drafted a defender worth something instead. If Dallas had drafted McCourty in the 1st and Antonio Brown in the 6th, would they be winning?

If the NFL announced tomorrow that Dallas's roster will be limited to 52 total players for the remainder of the 2014 season, and they are giving us until Wednesday to decide between cutting Romo, Dez, Murray, or Smith to get the roster to 52, is cutting Dez your worst case scenario?

The problem with some fans they feel like we shouldn't have to pay. You think if we had Brown, he wouldn't command top dollars?

Ok, so let's pretend we don't get a WR in the same class as Dez, Brown, Megatron, Marshall ect.....So we get a guy we can pay less to, like Cobb or Sanu, to come lead our team and be our number 1. Would they have the same dominance those guys have? Could they do what they do game in game out?

Don't bring up guys like Brown, and pretend we wouldn't have to pay him. He would command top dollars also.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I'm willing to give TWill at least another full year before I say we need another #2. He does have 6 TDs on the year and he's only in his second year in the NFL. WR's usually need 3 years before coming into their own.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree with you, but......

I do think the way the team is built, it would be very hard to win consistently without Dez.

Like I really would love if you could tell me, who would make the plays he did, to help us win, in the second half? I tried to think couldn't think of 1 guy.

Witten is great, but we can't force 5 yard passes to him all day long. You saw what happened when we tried to take a shot to him down the seam, he couldn't get separation that great, and a second later that safety picks it.

Williams? I won't even touch that subject.

Agree, there is no one else to take the attention away other than Dez. If Bryant was not a Cowboy, we could have a different impact player or maybe not who could fill that void. I am just saying that our offense isn't built around Dez, he just happens to fall into it. We need a better scheme.....tonight was not impressive. We were one or two plays from a loss yet Romo played a large part in the win, as well as Dez.

We go as far as Romo takes us, not as far as Dez can IMO.............and I have a man-crush on Bryant!