Do you despise Jerry Jones?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Curious to get other’s takes. In the beginning I loved Jerry Jones. He was brash. He hired Jimmy Johnson. He acted like he would do anything to win. Firing Jimmy was the beginning of my hate for the guy. He seemed like a complete narcissist. A string of bad hirings and the franchise was in the toilet. I started to feel better with the Parcells hiring. I thought Jerry may have learned his lesson and was back to being serious. We now know that was a publicity stunt to get his stadium built. His hubris really took off. I hated the Garrett hire. It made no sense. The guy hadn’t exhibited anything that would suggest he would be a great HC. Jerry jammed Garrett and his nonsense down fans throats for 10 years. I liked the McCarthy hire but he wouldn’t have been my first choice. I wanted a lunatic taskmaster like Meyer to shake this lazy culture up. Now it seems like the place is finally imploding. I pity Mike McCarthy. This is not his fault.

I do not differentiate between Jerry the GM and Jerry the owner. The are codependent and both suck. I also don’t buy the Jerry is a nice guy bit.

Count me in the I despise Jerry group.

Where are you guys?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
GM Jerry's like one of those big, ugly moles on your face -- you hate it, but there's nothing you can do to remove it, so you're forced to just accept it for what it is and try to stop thinking about it.

That's what Jerry is. I hate that he's the GM, but knowing that he'll likely be there until he dies (and then Stevy gets his shot!), I'm resolved to just acceptance at this point.

He's a great guy and would probably be an awesome friend. But as a football guy, I do despise him. I wish he'd just hire a real GM with a name other than Jones, and then I'd love him as the owner!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I literally get angry listening to his voice.

If you take all the hate I've ever had for rival teams and players, add it all together and times it by 2, it wouldn't amount to half of the hate I have for Jerry and the entire Jones family.

I simply can't go further than that or I would be banned here.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I dont despise him.i just think Jerry and his son are directly responsible for the poor defense.they used high draft capital on injury risk players and ALL of them backfired.the DT position has been weak for years.what the Joneses did in FA was beyond disgusting and a insult to the loyal fans,they brought in 2 DTs from a Panthers team which was last in run defense!!.Mccoy had a serious calf problem which they knew but they not only brought him but didnt really have a back up plan for him.In any other job this kind of managerial decisions will not only get you fired but nobody will hire you anymore.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Nope. I don't like the decisions he makes but he put his money up so he earned the right to make them. If I ever feel like it's too much I have the freedom to pick another hobby to spend my discretionary time on.

Same. I hate what this team has become but he owns it and can do what he likes. How much of my time/money I want to invest in this mess is up to me.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Curious to get other’s takes. In the beginning I loved Jerry Jones. He was brash. He hired Jimmy Johnson. He acted like he would do anything to win. Firing Jimmy was the beginning of my hate for the guy. He seemed like a complete narcissist. A string of bad hirings and the franchise was in the toilet. I started to feel better with the Parcells hiring. I thought Jerry may have learned his lesson and was back to being serious. We now know that was a publicity stunt to get his stadium built. His hubris really took off. I hated the Garrett hire. It made no sense. The guy hadn’t exhibited anything that would suggest he would be a great HC. Jerry jammed Garrett and his nonsense down fans throats for 10 years. I liked the McCarthy hire but he wouldn’t have been my first choice. I wanted a lunatic taskmaster like Meyer to shake this lazy culture up. Now it seems like the place is finally imploding. I pity Mike McCarthy. This is not his fault.

I do not differentiate between Jerry the GM and Jerry the owner. The are codependent and both suck. I also don’t buy the Jerry is a nice guy bit.

Count me in the I despise Jerry group.

Where are you guys?
I absolutely do. Think about this. Since Jimmy Johnsons influence left the building...we have 3 playoff wins. I am going to repeat. We have 3(2009, 2014, 2018) playoff wins in the last ~25 years. That is 1....1....playoff win every 8 years. On what planet is this acceptable?????!!!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't despise the man on a personal level.

But as a GM, let's just say I'm glad he's finally starting to feel some pressure.
Ditto. He bought the team, and as much as I wish he weren't the GM, and as much as I dislike his actions as a GM with the power of ownership behind him, it's his choice, and I can't despise a man for doing what he chooses with an asset he owns. I just strongly disagree with many of his choices.

Last edited:

cej757

Reaction score
I really wanted Jerry to hire Norv Turner over Wade. I thought Norv would've been great for Romo at that stage of his career. But unfortunately Jerry tried to force Garrett on Norv so it didn't happen.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Don't hate him but I am very weary of him and wish he would just leave and his family too. Of course you never know what would replace him,could actually be worse like the Jets are doing rn, but something needs to change.