Do you despise Jerry Jones?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I actually think Jerry would be a great "closer" for signing free agents. He just shouldn't be handling the personnel. He should hire the most qualified people to run the Front Office and hold them accountable for their results. Jerry should simply be a recruiting prop.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
There are a bunch that want to win more than him. The owners of the last 24 super bowl winners wanted to win bad enough to hire to hire a football person to run the organization. Apparently Jerry doesn’t want to win as bad as they do.
he refuses to see he is the problem, doesn't mean he doesn't want to wint...sans clue

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
If he wanted to win he wouldn't insist on having a terrible GM. He doesn't want a ring, he wants to be known as the guy who got the ring.
could be that, but I'm not convinced...until he sees himself as the problem nothing will change which we know nothing will change...But again, I firmly believe he still wants to win...somebody will come up with the word to best explain him but not sure it exists

streetcredit

Reaction score
Jerry as a person seems like a very good and empathetic man, and he appears to care very much for his players and wants them to be successful. Unfortunately, that may be part of the problem with this team. He's too reluctant to give up on anyone, from a business standpoint.
Yup, probably a great guy to have a drink with and talk about football and women.
If you despise him and have 25000 posts, probably a good time to find another hobby

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he wanted to win he wouldn't insist on having a terrible GM. He doesn't want a ring, he wants to be known as the guy who got the ring.
Jimmy still owns acres of real estate in Jerry’s head. It’s actually pathetic.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That appears to me as if you're seeing it the way you want to, because declaring that anyone else would've fired him as GM is a very clear statement that he's not good as GM.
What I'm saying is Jerry will see it the way he wants to. Jerry is guided by ego and I've never seen any reason to think Jerry doesn't believe he is the right guy to lead the franchise.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Possibly. It wouldn't take much. There's a ton of info out there on draft prospects if one wants to take the time to sift through it. Thing is, Jerry's been such a bad GM, it would be easy to be better. Not great, better.

It is absolutely amazing that anyone doesn't see it. Of course, I used to have the same view on this as you. The 09 draft, and then watching people on the boards consistently name the players they'd have taken predraft, and those players turning out to be better than what we took made me step back and take a look. Jerry has so many odd draft picks that it's easy to outdraft him.
lol
"It is absolutely amazing that anyone doesn't see it. Of course, "

suggestion - just make your points without tossing these little bombs into them, they are needless, they dont help your point, especially the 2nd time, you did it in both posts

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry is a good owner but not a GM if he can ever realize this and hire a GM things will improve but until this around and around we shall go
OK, let me try again. THE OWNER HIRES THE GM. Wouldn't a good owner hire a competent GM? Would a good owner let this team fail due strictly to nepotism?

kskboys

Reaction score
lol
"It is absolutely amazing that anyone doesn't see it. Of course, "

suggestion - just make your points without tossing these little bombs into them, they are needless, they dont help your point, especially the 2nd time, you did it in both posts
Ok.......I agree.

At times I let down my guard an lapse into the grade school cut down crapp that goes on here all the time. Apologies.

cern

Reaction score
i don't despise him at all. i wish he allowed the team to be run differently. but it's a free society in america.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Jerry is a very good business man. He has given many people jobs that support their families. I think Jerry is a likable guy but as a GM I just don't like the friendly atmosphere that has trickled down into the team. His inability to keep things business only has undermined coaching.