Do You Enjoy Watching the Commanders, Giants, and Eagles?

Kevin

Commanders Fan
Reaction score
Hello again, all.

I start this thread, because I came to a realization a little while ago. I am a Washington Commanders fan, and I love watching the Dallas Cowboys play. Generally speaking, when I'm watching football, I really have a preference as to who wins, unless (obviously) if it's the Commanders game. However, when the Cowboys, Giants, or Eagles come on television, I feel privledged. I now have a reason to watch the game. I have somebody to root for!

Example, Commanders Bye week. Let's say there is a game on, like San Diego vs The Jets. I don't have any reason to watch this game, other than perhaps Fantasy statistics. I'll root for San Diego, simply because I gravitate towards them more, but the game really has no signifigant impact in my mind. Dallas vs Atlanta or something comes on, however, I now have a team to root for in Atlanta.

Get my point? I enjoy it when Dallas, Philly, and New York play on National Television, because the games have immediate impact on my team of choice.

This was inspired by the announcement that Dallas would be playing Jacksonville on National Television on September 10th. I was wondering if any Dallas fans had the same sentiments upon hearing that the Commanders will also be on National Television, one day afterwards.

yennor24

Reaction score
I like watching the Commanders more than the Eagles or Giants....I respect your Defense and I also want them to loose, but i wanted you guys to beat the Seahawks and represent the NFCE...Most Cowboy fans dont ever want the Skins to win , but you guys gave Doug Williams a chance and he won the Super Bowl so I will always respect that...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I only watch the Eags or Skins to wish for injuries.

I joke, I joke.
I kid , I kid.

:laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I enjoy watching the skins,philly and giants play and make sure I cheer aginst each one. Except for when they play each other then I just pull for both teams to beat the heck out of one another. LOL

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Yeah, I like to watch all the NFCE games...because those games impact the record of the Boyz, as it does your team.

I mean come on now! If you think I'm gonna sit and watch the 49er and Cards...I would rather surf for adult....nevermind! :eek:

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
add the word "lose" to the end of the thread title and my answer is yes.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like to watch them so I can have something....

triumph.jpg

For me to Poop on

On a serious note I like watching them and rooting for whoever they are playing.

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
Football is on in my house from 11:00am MST to 10:30ish PM MST every Sunday. That includes ESPN between the afternoon and night games.

I don't necesarily root against a team just because they are in the NFCE. If a last place Skins or Giants team is playing a first place team in another division, I will root for the Skins or Giants. If it looks like another team in the division is threatening to move ahead of my Cowboys now, thats another story. :D

It really depends on the situation. But I will never hope the Eagles win.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Kevin [Commanders Fan] said:
Do You Enjoy Watching the Commanders, Giants, and Eagles?

I enjoy watching them lose.

Does that count?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Rack said:
I enjoy watching them lose.

Does that count?

Is that a trick question?

That's what counts the most! :laugh2:

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
yennor24 said:
I like watching the Commanders more than the Eagles or Giants....

Is that you Eldorado?:rolleyes:

No seriously, I enjoy watching any NFCE game because each year brings out the true competitiveness among the 4 teams. The teams in the NFCE become stronger each year, and will soon become dominant in the conference.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Yes I enjoy watching our NFC EAST rivals battle it out....But that's about it, any other Team I just turn off the T.V or not really pay much attention.

Also if the COWBOys are eliminated form the Playoff picture I really dont care what happens around the NFL..That's just me.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Is that you Eldorado?:rolleyes:

No seriously, I enjoy watching any NFCE game because each year brings out the true competitiveness among the 4 teams. The teams in the NFCE become stronger each year, and will soon become dominant in the conference.

Well, three of them will...your team had it's chance, and as usual, they blew it! The other three have SB trophys...although two of the RedStink trophys are all tarnished!

But, with all these RedStink fans of late, I hope the Eagles come out and WHIP THE ---- out of them! Put them back where they belong!

Can the Eagles do it? I know the Boyz will! And you can take that to the bank!! :star:

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
It really depends on the game. Living in Ireland I don't get to choose what the two early games I watch on a Sunday are. Because of this I see a near even amount of games from every team in the league. Last season they all played some decent games and some real stinkers.

I got to see the spanking that the Giants put on the Skins and it was a let down. It might seem strange I didn't enjoy the game but it was over fast and I lost interest in it quickly when it became clear there was no competition.

The Eagles have been entertaining to watch for the last few seasons up until the one just gone by. They always put up big passing numbers so from a pure football standpoint the games were interesting.

The Giants I'm not to fond of. Tiki's a great back and the pass rush is very impressive but I hate Eli so much,unless it's him getting he head nearly ripped I'm not really enjoying it.

The Skins are quite scizo as a team, some weeks the look good and some weeks it really looks like old man Gibbs and old man Brunell are past it. I can't really say I enjoy them to much, while the D is bruising and formidable game that sticks out in my mind last season was the first round of the playoffs. It was a horrible game and neither team played well. I was watching it with a Bucs fan and his disgust was tangible.

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
living in nyc, i get all the giants games on fox. i'm suprised at the amount of cowboys fans up here. i live in queens where its predominantly jets fans, but the problem is neither ny teams play in nyc. they both play in jersey, and i guess thats why i don't really gravitate towards each of them.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I like football, period. I'd have watched the Housotn vs. San Fran debacle last year if it was the only game on TV. That doesn't mean I root for any of the divsions rivals, because I don't and won't. I can't even think of what could be on another channel that would make me not watch a game, any game.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I like football, period. I'd have watched the Housotn vs. San Fran debacle last year if it was the only game on TV. That doesn't mean I root for any of the divsions rivals, because I don't and won't. I can't even think of what could be on another channel that would make me not watch a game, any game.

Yeah, but someone told me...you're a junkie! You have a bad habit! You need counseling! You are hooked! You need that fix! You are an addict!

All I need is to see the Boys win a game or two, and I'm good...;)

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I definitely watch our rivals games. If for nothing else than to root against them and see what their strengths and weaknesses are. I'm not one who automatically roots against them, per se. If one of them is playing a conference foe who is one game ahead of us for the best record in the NFC then I root for the team that's going to put us in first place regardless if it's Philthy or the Foreskins, etc.

But 9 times out of 10 I watch and root for them to get the p*ss beat out of them. Ah the joys of NFL Sunday Ticket.

SS

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
They're our Rivals so yes I enjoy watching them and it gets Much more enjoyable if they lose!:D