Do you expect Solari back?

Aven8

Reaction score
He’s 69 and it’s time for him to retire. For whatever reason Mike let Philbin, his OC at GB for the SB, go last season after developing quite a few Olineman.

I heard on the radio mid year that Solari was teaching the reach blocks and multiple players were having trouble with it, Steele was named particularly.

The running game was awful and run blocking was atrocious.

Aven8

Reaction score
Cowboys need a much better Oline coach. Have needed a very good one for years now. It's probably the biggest reason this Offense struggles against very good opposing Defenses.
I’ve never seen so many 1-3 yard gains from an NFL offense that was #1 scoring team in football. TP is not all world but he’s a really good back. The run scheme sucks, and the Oline was awful at opening any lanes.

RS12

Reaction score
After returning the HC from one of the most brutal losses in franchise history, whst is the difference?

Creeper

Reaction score
I saw almost everyone along the OL regress this year. I don't know if it was Solari's fault, but the evidence seems to point in that direction. At the same time I don't want to take anything away from the players either. Every time I watch Steele pulling to his left and running into the hole to throw a powderpuff block to no effect, I want to scream. But I was spoiled by Steele of last year, and Larry Allen shoving guys 5 yards back on plays like that.

John813

Reaction score
It's year 1 of 10 for Solari, trust the process and buy into the Cowboys OP.

If he's still under contract I don't think Jerry has the heart to cut him and eat that contract.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I want him replaced with a Bill Callahan. Wont happen but he was good. We need a power running coach. They play best when they fire off the line . They all can do it.
Our run blocking scheme was way too complex and led to far too many complete blocking busts with the RBs getting hit several yards in the backfield.

Solari should be let go and the run game needs to be significantly revamped this offseason.

Aven8

Reaction score
I saw almost everyone along the OL regress this year. I don't know if it was Solari's fault, but the evidence seems to point in that direction. At the same time I don't want to take anything away from the players either. Every time I watch Steele pulling to his left and running into the hole to throw a powderpuff block to no effect, I want to scream. But I was spoiled by Steele of last year, and Larry Allen shoving guys 5 yards back on plays like that.
Steele was our best run blocker before his injury last year. It’s the ACL. I expect him to be better next season

Creeper

Reaction score
Steele was our best run blocker before his injury last year. It’s the ACL. I expect him to be better next season
I understand which is why it was so frustrating watching him this year. I certainly hope he returns to form.

CCBoy

Reaction score
First questions here are, what blocking techniques are used by San Francisco, Buffalo, and Miami?