Do you expect Solari back?

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score

Do you expect Solari back?​

:mad:

While on that topic I thought Schotty was the run game coordinator?

Cowboys need a much better Oline coach. Have needed a very good one for years now. It's probably the biggest reason this Offense struggles against very good opposing Defenses.
Do y'all know if Solari and Schotty are more of a pass blocking o-line type coach? Zach and Tyron are not the best run blockers. They are too slow. Some of the best pass blockers though. I think only Tyler fits that power run blocking style. Zach said that Steele is the best run blocking right tackle that he's ever played with. But he hasn't been the same since he blew out his knee. I'm no coach, but I think if we want to be a power running team, we have to draft some o-line players who are more known as run blockers.
I want him replaced with a Bill Callahan. Wont happen but he was good. We need a power running coach. They play best when they fire off the line . They all can do it.
Yes!! He would be my NUMBER ONE choice. Everywhere he goes he improves the running game. We ran him out of town so I doubt he would even consider coming here again. :(

Mr_437

Reaction score
If they don't bring in a good running game coordinator this Organization is dumber than I thought.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He’s 69 and it’s time for him to retire. For whatever reason Mike let Philbin, his OC at GB for the SB, go last season after developing quite a few Olineman.

I heard on the radio mid year that Solari was teaching the reach blocks and multiple players were having trouble with it, Steele was named particularly.

The running game was awful and run blocking was atrocious.
He has to go, line got worse and they were more heathy then the prior year. Team should be able to run the football with the talent they have up front.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s 69 and it’s time for him to retire. For whatever reason Mike let Philbin, his OC at GB for the SB, go last season after developing quite a few Olineman.

I heard on the radio mid year that Solari was teaching the reach blocks and multiple players were having trouble with it, Steele was named particularly.

They gotta fire someone. Im guess him and McCurley are goners

blueblood70

Reaction score
NO. Everything to do with the running game needs replaced. Horrible scheme. Horrible play calling.

Let's just get back to road grading people. This shouldn't be hard to fix.
Well we all know that starts with the draft and getting a young stud out of the draft as a running back and not a dude that's had multiple surgeries from Michigan or any other guys has had problems with 8 bunch of carries or injury history we need the best healthy in least used running back out of the draft that has power first some speed you know like Ezekiel Elliott some say Derrick Henry I don't care but we need one of those guys to be a day one starter no learning curve and then you can build the line schemes once we know we have that in place.. That's my plan you get that running back in the draft you tweak the scheme and then you get some mid level veteran for cheap that can be his backup and then in my opinion you can give deuce Vaughn his real shot at doing the old Tony Pollard stuff like when Tony Pollard was a rookie in his second year behind zeke he can do those things in my opinion so we have that guy on the roster but yeah let's rebuild it let's do something different with it I don't care about the coach just change the scheme these guys are pro coaches right you take the players that you have and you fit the scheme to them..... And yes that means no Tony Pollard

I'm starting fresh

quickccc

Reaction score

He'll be age 70 .. not 90. if he can think and walk, i'm not concerned about his age and grey hair, can the man coach ..or not ?

And frankly it's more coaches that involved and also should be hot seat or gone, imo. ala Lasko and Schott.
RBs just disappeared under their watch.

- Look out for ex-Packers OL coach James Campen should the Carolina Panthers let him go .. he was a long time OL coach under the Big Mac in GB .

- Where is OL coach Mike Munchak nowadays ? He's power-oriented but I dunno if he is Big Mac's type OL guy

JBS

Reaction score
everyone on this board knew this was a terrible hire the day it was made. How the professionals who make these decisions had no idea is beyond me.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
420160696_1094450345131345_721773770634841709_n.jpg

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Yeah he'll be gone and they will find another GB friend to come in

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I’ve never seen so many 1-3 yard gains from an NFL offense that was #1 scoring team in football. TP is not all world but he’s a really good back. The run scheme sucks, and the Oline was awful at opening any lanes.
We thought it was just Zeke, I agree and we wonder why they don't want to run the ball