Do You Guys Agree With Moving Ratliff To End?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2168159 said:
Just wanted to get your opinion on the Cowboys moving Ratliff to DE. Do you like the move or not?

Ratliff, for one, isn't happy with the move, preferring to stay at NT.

JMO, I rather keep Ratliff at NT because he did very well there and is comfortable with that position. I guess they are trying to get as many interchangeable players as possible in case of an injury.

If we would have drafted a big massive NT then I would have been fine with the move. However since it would be only Tank there and no credible back ups I am very skeptical about a move like that.

Tovya

Reaction score
I think that if Ratliff wants to get any playing time, then he should be happy with the move.

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2169293 said:
If we would have drafted a big massive NT then I would have been fine with the move. However since it would be only Tank there and no credible back ups I am very skeptical about a move like that.

I kind of agree but.... willing to see how things go.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2168174 said:
Yes. We need more production in the pass rush from the DE position.

That's not going to happen with Spears.

And because Tank is there to take over at NT it makes sense.

no 3-4 DE is gonna get alot of sacks...more push, perhaps...but mroe sacks, not so much

do we need to post that list of sacks by 3-4 DE's again?

David

burmafrd

Reaction score
OK what if the Rat is smarter then we think and is looking at it this way:
Sure DE's get a lot of money and pub. BUT someone who can play NT, Tackle and be able to rush the passer well- that is RARE. Maybe he is thinking that if he gets a rep like Castillo does or Glover did- he can make even more money on his next contract. He is never going to be a steady double digit sack guy- but if he could average 8 sacks or so from the INSIDE where that kind of rush is hardly seen nowadays....

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
burmafrd;2169702 said:
OK what if the Rat is smarter then we think and is looking at it this way:
Sure DE's get a lot of money and pub. BUT someone who can play NT, Tackle and be able to rush the passer well- that is RARE. Maybe he is thinking that if he gets a rep like Castillo does or Glover did- he can make even more money on his next contract. He is never going to be a steady double digit sack guy- but if he could average 8 sacks or so from the INSIDE where that kind of rush is hardly seen nowadays....
The problem is that he didn't actually rush the passer that well as a NT.