Do you guys enjoy Cowboys playoff games?

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I get super anxious.....then i calm the anxiety by downing 2 heinekens prior to the start of the game. Then game becomes more enjoyable (or bearable if they're losing) while buzzing.....but the drinking continues till its either drinking to victory, or drinking my sorrows away.....

Aven8

Reaction score
Beer helps a lot. The noon games a couple of weeks ago turned me into a different person!!!! Sobriety for a game is idiotic

CWR

Reaction score
I can relax and enjoy regular season games but I'm too anxious to actually enjoy playoff games. I end up cursing/yelling after every bad play and penalty. I behave like a wild animal during playoff games. I can't control myself. I probably won't sleep tonight. What is wrong with me?

The game its self gets pretty stressful, but Im way more relaxed after beating the hawks. Nothing beats the excitement leading up to the game. I mean the entire week Ive been through the roof.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
It’s a higher risk/higher reward proposition,so naturally you’re not alone in feeling more intensity and hand wringing. I love playoff games myself,and enjoy living on the edge with anticipation. Even if they lose tomorrow? I still think this season was a good one,and beating Sea is a step in the right direction to prove that.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I followed the Cowboys quite intensely through the Romo era, dying to see them win a Super Bowl. Now that Romo's gone, I've mellowed a lot and don't care as much. I was pretty calm through the Seahawks game last week; never raised my voice.

I want the Cowboys to beat the Rams, of course, but for the sake of snapping the 26- and 22-year long road playoff win and divisional playoff win droughts.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Yes. The NFL is my favourite sport, I am a passionate fan of our Cowboys. This year we get at least 2 bonus games. I have experienced the joy of an SB, I want our younger fans to experience that as well. Go, Cowboys. Beat LA, St. Louis and then LA and who knows where next.

cowboyec

Reaction score
10x as much as regular season games.
its the waiting that is killer.

Swanny

Reaction score
I can relax and enjoy regular season games but I'm too anxious to actually enjoy playoff games. I end up cursing/yelling after every bad play and penalty. I behave like a wild animal during playoff games. I can't control myself. I probably won't sleep tonight. What is wrong with me?
I do enjoy them but maybe because I'm just not a die-hard fan like I used to be. I remember feeling the same as you but I just can't get into the NFL product like I used to. I'm happy for you though. That feeling is a great thing. That feeling is exactly what you want to feel every season

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Playoff games are what I wait for, but I still dont expect much, so I dont get too anxious, if they do good it is fun, if not oh well.

I think op needs a chill pill lol

I also watch all the other playoff games, but dallas is the most interesting for me.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
My girlfriend has been giving me so much crap because I stay up all hours of the night and watch film as if I'm going to play in the game. Then I pace around the house until the game starts pretty much.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm glad we made the playoffs. But this year is about the lowest expectation I've had for the Cowboys. Winning is icing on the cake. We lose and, well, that's what I expected.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Hard to enjoy them when you know it's over if you lose. Lol talk about a nervous wreck even when I'm drunk. Alcohol just intensifies it.

cej757

Reaction score
I tell you what. It's pretty relaxing when you have a great Defense that you feel comfortable they will not let opposing offenses do too much scoring. I feel like this Cowboys defense will give the team a chance to win every week.

The only time I really get nervous is when we get down in the Redzone and we have to settle for three and I have to watch Maher kick. It bothers me now when I know we're leaving points on the field and we get into the 4th quarter and I can just think of all the missed chances we had to put some cushion between us and the other team.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I have mellowed out with age and having kids.........LOL

When I was younger, I would get pissed as hell with losses. Even punched a hole in the sheetrock after a loss one time. Now that I am older and have a daughter, I cant be ranting and raving and punching the walls like a mad man, LOL.

So I will be disappointed if we lose, but I will get over it fairly quickly.

T-RO

Reaction score

Yes, I was stressed last Saturday. I hope I can chill a bit more tomorrow and enjoy it more. :laugh:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
There was a time..

long long ago..

when the post season was a given.

We became jaded.

Then we had this last 25 years of mediocrity.

So I take nothing for granted.

I celebrated this 9 game streak that got us here.

Don't plan to stop now.

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
Hell yeah, it took so long to get back to this point. We are gonna get 3 in 3 years today. This is a dream. Let's keep it going.

robertfchew

Reaction score
Funny, but I usually prefer watching games by myself or just 1 or 2 buddies. I don't really like a bunch of chit chat that's got nothing to do with the game I'm trying to watch.

As for the folks who get antsy about us in the playoffs - relax. It'll get better once we become used to us being there year after year after year.

I think so too. I think thE losses won’t be as bad if you were confident you were gonna be there the next few years again. Still not there with this team.