Do you have a favorite book?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
OIP.gVmyPjjYamgm9czI8Gcb6QHaE8
Or a series you follow? Name some Favs!
James Clavell's Shogun, Taipan, etc. series.

Big_D

Reaction score
A few favorites that I can think of off the top of my head..

Matthew Corbett series- Robert McCammon

Frankenstein series- Dean Koontz

The Nightingale- Kristin Hannah

The Historian- Elizabeth Kostova

The Heroin Diaries- Nikki Sixx

Dirt- Motley Crue

most recent- Six of Crows- Leigh Bardugo

Sigma Force series- James Rollins

I love historical fiction but I’ll read just about anything. Some pretty solid rock biographies out there also.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Man.....I feel awkward cause I've read a lot of books.

Everything from A Brief History of Time to a Niel Peart Auto Biography to The Amityville Horror. Tons of non-fiction crime.

I still consider my favorites to be.... Where the Red Fern Grows and Flowers for Algernon.

That's right.....I said it.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

Everything from A Brief History of Time to a Niel Peart Auto Biography to The Amityville Horror. Tons of non-fiction crime.

I still consider my favorites to be.... Where the Red Fern Grows and Flowers for Algernon.

You should feel awkward. Someone who has read a lot of books shouldn't post in a thread about books. It is weird.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Flowers for Algernon is a classic, right up there with Of Mice and Men, A Tale of Two Cities, and The Glass Menagerie.

morasp

Reaction score
Sherlock Holmes
Tom Sawyer
Longevity Paradox
Ringing Cedars
Dune
Technical Analysis (Gerald Appel)

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

When I was in the 6th grade my teacher would read to us after lunch (which I loved) and one of the books was Where the Red Fern Grows. I was enthralled with the story. Somehow my teacher got Wilson Rawls (the author) to come down to our school. It was amazing because this was a little town in Junction City, AR and it was like meeting a rock star at the time. I've read the book and seen the movies but it has never come close to how my teacher read it to us.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
When I was in the 6th grade my teacher would read to us after lunch (which I loved) and one of the books was Where the Red Fern Grows. I was enthralled with the story. Somehow my teacher got Wilson Rawls (the author) to come down to our school. It was amazing because this was a little town in Junction City, AR and it was like meeting a rock star at the time. I've read the book and seen the movies but it has never come close to how my teacher read it to us.
Jammer.......wow. I was in the 6th grade. Our teacher read to us after lunch AND it is the sole reason I love this book. And I agree 100%. Watching the movies and reading it myself doesn't compare to Mrs Glover reading it to us.

Small world......

rags

Reaction score
I love thrillers.

That being said, anything by Brad Thor, Greaney, Child, Clancy is great!

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jammer.......wow. I was in the 6th grade. Our teacher read to us after lunch AND it is the sole reason I love this book. And I agree 100%. Watching the movies and reading it myself doesn't compare to Mrs Glover reading it to us.

Small world......
That really is amazing the similarities of this.

Big_D

Reaction score
A few more..

11/22/63-Stephen King

Even though I was familiar with the date, I never read a blurb on the premise of the book. Stephen King puts his spin on it and it's worth the read. There was a miniseries, but as usual the book is way better. Every time they convert a book to screen it feels rushed. The film version just can't keep up or do it justice.

The Passage - Justin Cronin

3 book series. Apocolyptic sci fi stuff but written from a bunch of pretty cool perspectives and timelines once you put it together.. Good read.

Drood - Dan Simmons

His take on Charles Dickens final book which he died before he ever finished. (The Mystery of Edwin Drood)

The Mistress of the Art of Death - Ariana Frankin

4 book series. Good historical fiction. Takes place in England around the 1100s.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

Lisbeth Salander. Definitely one of my favorite characters!! And a great job by Noomi Rapace bringing her to life.

kskboys

Reaction score
Louis L"amour Westerns and Star Wars
"Last of the Breed" by Louis L'Amour.

If you think he just writes westerns, read this book. Beyond excellent.

Another great non-western by L'Amour: "The Walking Drum" This book was set in early Europe (like, 1200 or 1300's I believe) and is one of the best books I've ever read.

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
"Last of the Breed" by Louis L'Amour.

If you think he just writes westerns, read this book. Beyond excellent.

Another great non-western by L'Amour: "The Walking Drum" This book was set in early Europe (like, 1200 or 1300's I believe) and is one of the best books I've ever read.

I have both books. Just haven't gotten to them yet. Definitely moving them up the list!!

That's what I liked about the Sackett series which ultimately turned into westerns, but in the start it was the first Sackett to come over around the 1500s and settle in the new world. Pretty cool and well done. Family name from 1500s to around the late 1800s or so? I forgot, it's been awhile.

rags

Reaction score
Forgot Vince Flynn and his Mitch Rapp series.