Do you like Greg Olsen?

btgboys41

Reaction score
Don’t worry, you’ll like him when he does a game we win. He’ll give all the lather you want to Dak, CeeDee and any other faves and you’ll love him for it.

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score
He has an uncanny valley look about him, and his commentary stinks! But other than that, I guess he's ok.

Dallas5xchamps

Reaction score
I think he's very good and spot on many of his observations. When he said we needed to move with more urgency on our last drive, I totally agreed with him. I got a sense that Dallas was playing to not lose instead of playing to win, even if we take a lead with 2 minutes, I don't think Philly gets into fg position to kick for the win

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Olsen is a great guy. Lives here locally and every interaction I've ever had with him has been great. Actually ran into him, Andy Dalton, and their wives a few months ago at a brunch place my cousin works at.

Cowboys fans just can't stand to listen to non homers discuss the Cowboys because it's not something they're used to if they consume Dallas media.

shabazz

Reaction score
I turned the sound off. Hate him
I’m surprised he can still talk from chapping his lips on Daks butt so much. I think I’ve heard about Dakota signing his brats jersey about 10 times now.

plymkr

Reaction score
I like him more than Cris Collingsworth. I don’t have strong opinions one way or the other. The one that gets on my nerves is Collingsworth. Outside of him I don’t notice the announcers. Cris Collingsworth’s voice just annoys me for some reason. I interpret it as condescending. Watching the Bengals Bills game last night was irritating. It doesn’t have to be Dallas for him to annoy me.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
He 's a Media Hoe. What else His takes are juvenile and shortsighted, not just Cowboys but who ever the villain is for that day.

I have never heard one original Thought from the man

plymkr

Reaction score
I’m surprised he can still talk from chapping his lips on Daks butt so much. I think I’ve heard about Dakota signing his brats jersey about 10 times now.
Lol, there’s not a lot Dak does that makes me happy but his interactions with little kids and fans is really cool. Think how much that meant to Olsen’s son to get that autograph. I mean Olsen doesn’t have to talk about it all the time but good for Dak to be nice to a kid and make his day. That’s cool Dak did that.

shabazz

Reaction score
Lol, there’s not a lot Dak does that makes me happy but his interactions with little kids and fans is really cool. Think how much that meant to Olsen’s son to get that autograph. I mean Olsen doesn’t have to talk about it all the time but good for Dak to be nice to a kid and make his day. That’s cool Dak did that.
He wasn’t voted “Man of the Year” by Good Housekeeping for nothing, fella

Motorola

Reaction score
Meh. Why do people care what the commentators say? I usually watch with no sound or very low sound. I dont need someone to tell me what I am watching and I could care less if they have an "I am a Cowboy hater" tee shirt on under their sport coat. Just win the game and that shuts everybody up, but that doesnt happen often enough.
The irony about yesterday's game broadcast - if you go to Eagles fan sites \ blogs - you'll see complaints about Olsen being a 'Cowboys cheerleader'.
Whether ii's Olsen-Burkhardt, Romo-Nance, Aikman-Buck...or any other broadcast duo covering Cowboys games...so many CZers, or Dallas fans in general are extremely dissatisfied with commentary.
As you suggested, mute the volume...and in addition- tune into the radio coverage by the Cowboys flagship station KRLD-FM 103.5, the affiliate Texas stations, those in bordering states, or through the Audacy Radio app.

Brax

Reaction score
I think he’s good at this and I’m not saying boohoo he hates my team but some of these guys gotta know how annoying they can be when always being so opinionated about calls or no calls.

It totally changes your perception and enjoyment of the game if you show a replay and tell the audience how to feel
I like his calls, and no sugar coating, I don’t think he’s telling folks how to feel it’s how he feels about a call and looking at this place everybody has a different perspective

Kwyn

Reaction score
Meh, I can take him or leave him. I think he’s boring. If you’re the analyst you need to have a little personality.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I like his calls, and no sugar coating, I don’t think he’s telling folks how to feel it’s how he feels about a call and looking at this place everybody has a different perspective
Jeff van gundy did this with the nba wherein they just get too obsessed with the refs and it’s not a fun broadcast. Show me the athletes and add to the game. Don’t take away from it with “ehhhhh Idk about that one oof”

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I thought he was Ok.
It always amuses me when the discussion here is about commentators. There's a lot of posters here who think if the commentator isn't pro-Cowboys then he's a "hater".

Vanilla2

Reaction score
The other guy comes off more biased. O
I like Charles Davis better