Do you own a gun?

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
I got to thinking after I picked up the Ruger the other day. I had not owned a firearm for about two years and just picked it up because I wanted something for the house and because of the deal. Now I think I'll start a modest collection again. At least another pistol and a shotgun and rifle.

Do you own firearms? I know this might be a "touchy" subject sor some, but could make for interesting debate.
:)

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Yes a 357.

357swmag.jpg

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I have something better.....a 20 lb terrier mix. She'll rip you apart.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v316/Yeagermeister/Dog%20Pictures/Sassy2.jpg

Those eyes just scream psycho :laugh2:

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
A few, but not nearly as many as my appetite would allow. I honestly really don't know what I do and don't have anymore as Dad's and mine collections have fused into one inventory.

I have a wanting desire to collect all the arms my grandfather carried in WWII. Some people play golf, I prefer long range shooting although I get to indulge as often as an Inuit gets to take a full body 3 hour tanning session in January. I'd give a kidney, or the $9K price, for the Barret M82A1 in the .416. I can't stomach $9 a pop for the .50, and I sure can't afford the shoulder replacement surgery.

Letemburn

Reaction score
I got a solid collection, ill post a few from the collection when i get in from work. Good thread, should make for some pretty good debate as you stated.

Letemburn

Reaction score
model500.jpg

The S & W 500 is a work of art, my fav from the collection (probably because its also the newest to my collection), smooth and mean. Way more accurate than I had expected. Rounds are far from cheap, ive yet to shoot the heavy lead.

Next i plan on adding a desert eagle to the collection.

Anybody looking for any parts or anything i highly recommend brownells.com.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v316/Yeagermeister/loaded-desert-eagle-web.jpg

burmafrd

Reaction score
Repro Pennsylvania Rifle, Flintlock .50 cal Revolutionary War; 1862 Zouave .58 Cal Civil War; 1861 Springfield .58 Cal Civil War; 1844 Walker .44 Ball & Cap Pistol, Civil War; 1860 Navy Dragoon .36 Cal Civil War.

1878 Repro 12 Gauge Coach gun

1942 Remington USN Deckgun 12 Gauge Automatic; 1943 Garand.

2 SKS's; Marlin 1895 45-70 Lever Action; Glock 31 .357 Sig

and today I am going to order a Bison Bull 45-70 Single Action Revolver.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm not anti-gun, but I believe that are completely unnecessary for the average suburban American. They clearly cause more hard than do good.

A hand gun has two uses. Defense, something that shouldn't be needed in suburban America unless you are a police officer and offensive use. Also a police officer or some other military like group.

You don't hunt with a hand gun, therefore there is no reason to have one. The only thing I've found that it does, is give people power trips. Power trips due to guns is usually a potent mixture that absolutely nothing good can come from.

If you live in rural America, there can be a need for a rifle or even a shotgun.

I myself own a 1932 Remington bolt-action 22 rifle. It's an heirloom from my grandfather. He lived in Hill County Texas and his father gave it to him so he could shoot animals that invaded their crops at night. (how they made their money) He offered it and a 1978 Remington 12-gauge he had purchased to go hunting to me, I rejected the 12 gauge because it had no physical or sentimental value to me.

My wife is full blown anti-gun which is why the rifle isn't kept at my house.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Letemburn;3320720 said:
model500.jpg

The S & W 500 is a work of art, my fav from the collection (probably because its also the newest to my collection), smooth and mean. Way more accurate than I had expected. Rounds are far from cheap, ive yet to shoot the heavy lead.

Next i plan on adding a desert eagle to the collection.

Anybody looking for any parts or anything i highly recommend brownells.com.

For some insane reason I want this. A Ruger Alaskan in .454 Causll/.45LC with a 2 1/2 bbl.
alaskan44.jpg

magnakidv4

Reaction score
Yes. Winchester Model 70 30-06. Mossberg 535 Ultra Mag 12 Gauge. Marlin 22 semi-auto.

Duane

Reaction score
I've got a Glock 17 and 33 as well as a Remington 870 Marine Magnum. Please knock before you enter my home. :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just have a bunch of knives...however I am thinking about buying a hand gun sometime this year. Just so I can go to the range when I want something to do.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3320821 said:
I just have a bunch of knives...however I am thinking about buying a hand gun sometime this year. Just so I can go to the range when I want something to do.

Have you owned a firearm before?