Do you see Collins being traded this offseason?

Will the Cowboys trade Collins in the offseason

• Total voters

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With Steele remaining at RT, do you see the Cowboys trading Collins in the offseason

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Im going with yes. Two reasons:

Collins reportedly wanted to play OT, not OG.

There is a major need for OT's across the NFL, so Collins would be a quality trade asset.

I do think he could be talked in to playing OG. If thats the case, then we probably wont trade. However Im betting on him wanting to play OT

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Yes if they decide to stick with Steele at RT. While Collins is better, he's more expensive and they see a younger player in Steele with upside. I don't believe Collins will want stay at LG and they would move him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes if they decide to stick with Steele at RT. While Collins is better, he's more expensive and they see a younger player in Steele with upside. I don't believe Collins will want stay at LG and they would move him.
If they still feel Steele is their guy at RT after the season, then they need to have convo with Collins about OG. If he is willing to move, I don't think they trade him. But I also dont see him being willing to move either

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Football games are won & lost in the trenches as it’s important for the Cowboys to keep their offensive line intact. While there isn’t a need to add more offensive line depth via trade, it’s also imperative they keep the talent they have now to not disrupt anything as the season progresses.

Hopefully they don't trade neither Collins nor Gallup.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Football games are won & lost in the trenches as it’s important for the Cowboys to keep their offensive line intact. While there isn’t a need to add more offensive line depth via trade, it’s also imperative they keep the talent they have now to not disrupt anything as the season progresses.

Hopefully they don't trade neither Collins nor Gallup.
But what if Collins doesnt want to move to OG permanently?

Macnalty

Reaction score
He has created a context that would allow his trade without much criticism amongst the fans. Cowboys are not going to change his personality, FO have to decide if we can live with it these next couple of years.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't everyone get ahead of themselves here.

Steele has filled in pretty good for Collins. He deserves to start this next game as Collins has played 1 game in over a year. So his working at OG in practice may mean nothing other than to get him some work in. And also as an emergency type back up should something happen.

Come next week he could get his work in at OT again.

Who says this game and this news is not to showcase Steele as a legitimate RT. Teams will say, hey, look, Steele is starting over Collins, he plays well. Then the maximize his trade value. Just a thought.

Though at this point you don't trade away that kind of depth.
Unless a high draft pick is involved. :D :popcorn:

Section446

Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't be sad to see him go. While he may be perceived as "better", he's not such much "better" that it justifies the price difference between him and Steele.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If a team is going to give up a 1st round or early 2nd round pick, I would trade him.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Don't everyone get ahead of themselves here.

Steele has filled in pretty good for Collins. He deserves to start this next game as Collins has played 1 game in over a year. So his working at OG in practice may mean nothing other than to get him some work in. And also as an emergency type back up should something happen.

Come next week he could get his work in at OT again.

Who says this game and this news is not to showcase Steele as a legitimate RT. Teams will say, hey, look, Steele is starting over Collins, he plays well. Then the maximize his trade value. Just a thought.

Though at this point you don't trade away that kind of depth.
Unless a high draft pick is involved. :D :popcorn:

Trading the younger and cheaper player who is improving would be crazy. Cowboys have a major bargain in Steele whether he starts or remains the swing tackle.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
With Steele remaining at RT, do you see the Cowboys trading Collins in the offseason
Let's see first if Collins starts this week or not. In my opinion, think the coaches/front office are sending him a message, from what has transpired the last 2 seasons.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trading the younger and cheaper player who is improving would be crazy. Cowboys have a major bargain in Steele whether he starts or remains the swing tackle.

Yes, but this is Jerry...and his loyalty....:muttley:
I know what you mean, and thought about that. But did not want to say it yet. See what responses were out there. :laugh:

John813

Reaction score
Ask Miami for their 2nd to get their blindside tackle for Tua

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why would you trade a 28 year old tackle who has a reasonable salary? Collins might be underpaid.
Because they may view Steele as their guy at OT. I dont agree with that and think they should be starting Collins. But if he is their guy, its likely he wont be happy playing OG

blueblood70

Reaction score
would be epically stupid..

the man is our future Left Tackle, do fans seriously think a pB starting RT and guy that can be used as LG and future LT would be let go for what? what's equal value for frontline starting OLT this day and age?? not much at all id say its one of the top positions outside of QB..we have that CB we have that..so no trades you do not let talent lie this go at this point..

Steel isnt even better then Collins do you all realize this? his deal isnt that big considering new ones..

so big phat NO!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Let's see first if Collins starts this week or not. In my opinion, think the coaches/front office are sending him a message, from what has transpired the last 2 seasons.
no they arent they are making sure hes back in shape before reinserting him wherever..smart really,

coming off a bye with the unknown to let Steele stay at RT ONE MORE week..maybe experiment short term at LG..but this isn't a message its simly what MM says it is..man played one game this season and lost all of last season now suspended 5 games

thye need to know where his mind and body are at..