Do you see NFL season starting w/o delays?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Typically, flu (viruses) are a seasonal thing - a cooler/colder weather thing.
If this virus does continue into the hotter seasons, that would not seem natural.
One of those things that make you go hmmmm.....manipulated maybe ?
Ask yourself this:
How many bad things (attacks) do you need to see occurring consecutively before one starts to see a pattern...
.................Orange man bad.................
There is a threat in this world every single day. Most are neutralized. I can’t begin to tell you things that we have survived through. Without even knowing it. Be good be safe my cowboy brother

Adreme

Reaction score
Since camp is usually outside, the NFL can begin camp on schedule as long as players are healthy.
But it remains to be seen if the attendance will be there.

I am not sure how they could hold camp when there are plenty of places with bans of gatherings of more than 50 people which a training camp certainly is.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
As of now, I can't imagine the NFL opening the season September to a full schedule. Of course, a lot can happen in six months but I would think they'd have to make some sorta decision/announcement 30-60 days after the draft. Just curious how you guys see this playing out.

1. The season starts on time w/o delays 2. The start of the season is delayed with a reduced schedule ( maybe 12 games )
3. NFL 2020 season is canceled
Just like the Saints did after Katrina, the NFL will play a huge part in getting this country going again. After being locked up for a long time people will be dying to see NFL football again, and the league, players, front offices, owners will all be dying to give it to us. I can see them skipping that long pre season schedule to ensure their season kicks off as scheduled... so yes, I dont see the NFL missing a single game.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Since camp is usually outside, the NFL can begin camp on schedule as long as players are healthy.
But it remains to be seen if the attendance will be there.
attendance will be good as long as the threat to the virus is pretty much gone.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
no fear, no panic is key...I'm in that group. BUT...all I am saying,logically, how can they proceed on schedule under these conditions going on around them? THE PR would be awful for the NFL. I am hoping this calms down way before August.
I think PR would be the opposite. The league getting going again would be a huge relief and a party for this country. What else could get us back to some sense of normalcy more than the NFL?

cern

Reaction score
I would be very surprised if the season is not delayed if not canceled altogether. This is a most insidious virus.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Every sport is being delayed or canceled so we have to expect the same thing with the NFL season. The summer Olympics have been delayed until next year and Wimbledon was just canceled. The situation we’re all dealing with is going to have to improve dramatically to risk putting players together in locker rooms and fans in stadiums. We all see the extreme measures that are being taken. A delayed season may be the best we can hope for.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can’t see the NFL season starting without a delay. It’s hard to envision even having an NFL season with the seriousness of the situation we’re dealing with. You can’t put fans in a stadium, players together on a field, in a huddle or in a locker room with this situation. In my opinion the 2020 season is in real jeopardy. The NFL obviously has to prepare as if the season is going to happen but it’s up in the air right now.

cern

Reaction score
I think PR would be the opposite. The league getting going again would be a huge relief and a party for this country. What else could get us back to some sense of normalcy more than the NFL?
True. But only if the virus is under control. If not, it would be a disastrous move.

ksadler1

Reaction score
As of now, I can't imagine the NFL opening the season September to a full schedule. Of course, a lot can happen in six months but I would think they'd have to make some sorta decision/announcement 30-60 days after the draft. Just curious how you guys see this playing out.

1. The season starts on time w/o delays 2. The start of the season is delayed with a reduced schedule ( maybe 12 games )
3. NFL 2020 season is canceled

#3. . . just a gut feeling

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You can’t have an NFL season if you can’t bring players in for physicals and bring them together to practice. We’re currently living in a world of fear where everyone is having to avoid each other. We’re trying to eliminate crowds. We’re social distancing. This is likely to go on for a while. We’re almost in April and everyone is stuck at home. The league is going to error on the side of caution, which means don’t count on an NFL season this year.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
There is a threat in this world every single day. Most are neutralized. I can’t begin to tell you things that we have survived through. Without even knowing it. Be good be safe my cowboy brother

..thanks and same to you..

I've been "awoke" for awhile now but still get shocked regularly learning of past and present happenings.
Things shouldn't be this way but that's hand we been dealt.
Protect you n yours and hopefully sometime in the near future, our great Cowboy nation can ride off into the sunset the way this movie is suppose to end.
.................:popcorn: