Do you see NFL season starting w/o delays?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As of now, I can't imagine the NFL opening the season September to a full schedule. Of course, a lot can happen in six months but I would think they'd have to make some sorta decision/announcement 30-60 days after the draft. Just curious how you guys see this playing out.

1. The season starts on time w/o delays 2. The start of the season is delayed with a reduced schedule ( maybe 12 games )
3. NFL 2020 season is canceled

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you see NFL season starting w/o delays?
giphy.gif

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Nope... I don’t even think there will be a season.
Best case scenario maybe something like, play divisional games only, so a 6 game regular season and top 2 teams from each division in to the playoffs... and then an 8 team conference playoff situation similar to 1982.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No, and if there is a season at all, I believe the stands will have a ton of empty seats unless ticket prices fall. I wonder what the salary cap is going to do in the next few years.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
YES!

I think the draft and OTAs will be the only part of the season affected. The draft will be conducted remotely with teams, prospects and network coverage having access to a conferencing bridge from home/office/studio.

OTA activities will be sequentially pushed back to the end of May.

It's on!

John813

Reaction score
I think minicamps will be cancelled with a chance of training camp starting on time. Maybe.

We'll see

Silverz1972

Reaction score
It will probably affect the offseason but we should be good to go when season starts.

leeblair

Reaction score
As of now, I can't imagine the NFL opening the season September to a full schedule. Of course, a lot can happen in six months but I would think they'd have to make some sorta decision/announcement 30-60 days after the draft. Just curious how you guys see this playing out.

1. The season starts on time w/o delays 2. The start of the season is delayed with a reduced schedule ( maybe 12 games )
3. NFL 2020 season is canceled
Since camp is usually outside, the NFL can begin camp on schedule as long as players are healthy.
But it remains to be seen if the attendance will be there.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Just see what they do with MLB. If there's a baseball season, albeit a shortened one, there will be football as scheduled.

If not...

Praxit

Reaction score
...at this rate...Hellzz no. Luckily, season doesn't start till Sept. Dont be surprised if 2020 is cancelled. This is crises no one saw coming. The Black Swan as he likes to appear from time to time.