Do you still get creeped out?

Hardline

Reaction score
Does anything ever creep you out to the point you have a hard time getting it out of your mind or lose sleep over it?
Like for example a scary movie or something like that see on the news?

I am really creeped out right now from something I been reading on a very bad video game that was uploaded on the dark web called Sad Satan.
I watched a censored video about it on YouTube and it still scared me.

Sometimes my curiosity gets the better of me and I venture too far into the abyss .

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Really? Living in Oklahoma its one of my worst fears getting bit by a recluse or a black widow. Really don't mind snakes but spiders creep me out.

I have an unusual immune system, rarely get sick. Animal venoms don’t really bother me from bees to other things. I was even bitten by a copperhead many years ago and barely noticed it.

But, this dang spider got me in bed. I saw a red spot develop and it didn’t take long to start rotting out. Luckily, it never got as bad as I have seen in others and the small hole eventually filled in.

It was pretty minimal damage wise but the pain was intense.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I have an unusual immune system, rarely get sick. Animal venoms don’t really bother me from bees to other things. I was even bitten by a copperhead many years ago and barely noticed it.

But, this dang spider got me in bed. I saw a red spot develop and it didn’t take long to start rotting out. Luckily, it never got as bad as I have seen in others and the small hole eventually filled in.

It was pretty minimal damage wise but the pain was intense.

You were lucky then if the skin necrosis was minimal. That's odd about the Copperhead, even though they aren't as venomous as Rattlesnakes or Cottonmouths they are still bad enough to send you to the hospital.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You were lucky then if the skin necrosis was minimal. That's odd about the Copperhead, even though they aren't as venomous as Rattlesnakes or Cottonmouths they are still bad enough to send you to the hospital.

Yea, it’s weird. When I go scuba diving, jellyfish and man-o-wars usually get me. It is just a minor nuisance and I go about my way.

FYI, I don’t want to test this against a black mamba or something of the like :lmao:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Yea, it’s weird. When I go scuba diving, jellyfish and man-o-wars usually get me. It is just a minor nuisance and I go about my way.

FYI, I don’t want to test this against a black mamba or something of the like :lmao:

Nope, Copperheads are pretty mild on the venom scale. A Black Mamba would definitely ruin your day. Are the jellyfish/etc able to bite you through your wetsuit?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nope, Copperheads are pretty mild on the venom scale. A Black Mamba would definitely ruin your day. Are the jellyfish/etc able to bite you through your wetsuit?

Most of my diving is in warm water, so not wearing a wetsuit....just trunks and maybe a shirt. But to answer your question, they can’t sting through wetsuits. Usually, the hands and face are vulnerable in that case.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Most of my diving is in warm water, so not wearing a wetsuit....just trunks and maybe a shirt. But to answer your question, they can’t sting through wetsuits. Usually, the hands and face are vulnerable in that case.

Oh snap, I bets that worse especially in the face. Heard their bites are EXTREMLY painful.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh snap, I bets that worse especially in the face. Heard their bites are EXTREMLY painful.

Depends on how each individual reacts to it. It does hurt, some more than others. You can see them coming if visibility is decent and can avoid them.

The box jelly is the one that frightens me, a main reason of why I haven’t visited the Great Barrier Reef yet.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Depends on how each individual reacts to it. It does hurt, some more than others. You can see them coming if visibility is decent and can avoid them.

The box jelly is the one that frightens me, a main reason of why I haven’t visited the Great Barrier Reef yet.

Haha, no thanks that's a easy pass for me. There's enough to be worried about on land. How did you know it was a recluse that bit you?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Haha, no thanks that's a easy pass for me. There's enough to be worried about on land. How did you know it was a recluse that bit you?

Wife thought it was most likely the culprit. The signs and symptoms pointed that direction. Oh, she is a nurse practitioner, seen them many times. I refused to go to the doctor though for a confirmation :thumbup:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Spiders, just spiders. Get bit by a brown recluse and you will understand :muttley:
I would hate to get bit on the jugular or the pubic area by a brown recluse. That's one spider that knows he's a bad a**. If you try to smash them and miss he will chase the crap out of you.

My dad always told me when I was growing up, "if it ain't scared of you, be scared of it."

Hardline

Reaction score
Really? Living in Oklahoma its one of my worst fears getting bit by a recluse or a black widow. Really don't mind snakes but spiders creep me out.
I had a brown recluse get inside one of my shirts in the closet.
As soon as I put the shirt on ,I felt a burning sting on my right shoulder blade.
I pulled my shirt off as fast as I could and seen a brown recluse run out of it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Does anything ever creep you out to the point you have a hard time getting it out of your mind or lose sleep over it?
Like for example a scary movie or something like that see on the news?

I am really creeped out right now from something I been reading on a very bad video game that was uploaded on the dark web called Sad Satan.
I watched a censored video about it on YouTube and it still scared me.

Sometimes my curiosity gets the better of me and I venture too far into the abyss .
Yes things like the Franklin scandal get to me. The "who is really out there" gets in my head

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Not really creeped out as much but used to get the "vibe" in some rooms, etc. I grew up in an old house so stuff felt "off" sometimes. Doors creeping open and stopping on a dime, footsteps all the time, and my sister who swore of waking up to a black figure at the foot of her bed regularly as a child. We're in D.C townhouse that had slavery history so am sure there's some ghosts who've made it home? Feels like good ghosts if it was the case though, never bothered me negatively, etc.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Nothing creep me out at all.It is all a form of subconscious suggestion.
giphy.gif

:D Give us some rope Fonz jeez