Do you Still have Faith in McCarthy?

Reaction score
Im not a supporter of Garrett and never have been. But the Giants don’t even have a 1/10 of the Talent we have on our Roster.

I’m just asking the question of Why McCarthy? Never understood it. Even back when he was signed I didn’t like it. But I decided to give him a chance. Which he still has. Just that things don’t look good. I would have been fine if they even just looked promising.

But WoW this team looks sloppy at times and the Pandemic isn’t an excuse when theirs other teams in the League that still managed to get the fundamentals installed.
McCarthy wasn't my first choice. There were others I preferred. But by the end of last year Pee Wee Herman would have been an upgrade over what was here.

McCarthy brought in new coaches, new systems and new culture without the benefit of an offseason. The team does not look good right now, but it's premature to lay the blame on McCarthy yet.

In may respects, this is still the preseason for Dallas. Teams with stable coaching, QB, players and systems have a big advantage over teams that made wholesale changes right now. We will see where all this end up at year end, but I'm not ready to throw McCarthy under the bus, even though he wasn't my first choice.

jnday

Reaction score
I'd pick Edwards over Tomsula.

But both are elite coaches.

Something has to give.

Nolan stinks.
The Nolan hire falls directly at the feet of MM. Nolan’s failures can and should be held against MM because MM is the one who made this pathetic choice for DC.

johneric8

Reaction score
I can't believe anyone on this forum is dumb enough to judge big Mike considering the circumstances! Some of you guys trying to psychoanalyze what's happening just need to relax it's ridic.

kevm3

Reaction score
I'd be on that 'let's give him time' bandwagon if I actually saw a spark of something positive, but I've pretty much seen some of the sloppiest football I've ever seen and some of the most awful defense ever and nothing there to rectify it.

Has Mike Nolan ever fielded a great defense? We have very questionable talent at safety and do nothing about it.

I don't really see a winning formula here. We have an offense that can be very explosive, but just about every game, we're playing from behind and with our defense, it seems like we'll regularly need to put 40 points on the board to win. That's not sustainable.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
The Nolan hire falls directly at the feet of MM. Nolan’s failures can and should be held against MM because MM is the one who made this pathetic choice for DC.

.......I'll give Nolan a year or two to put his identity on the defense before firing him....but heck some haters want him fired after 3 games....Nolan was handed a heck of a mess to work with and no help to fix it..... cant coach stupid....takes time to bring in talent.....

when a rookie CB (Diggs) and a walk-on DE (A. Smith) are the best players on the defense....you know its gonna be a long season...blame the coaches all you want...but there is NO....NONE....NONYA.....talent on this defense

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Why must we always sign these washed up Coaches?

Is it impossible for us to sign a Coach with Potential instead of a Coach who has already reached the peak of his career and is on the downside of it...

McCarthy & Nolan are both Has-Been’s.

Playing soft zone on the 4th and 3 was very disappointing.

Big_D

Reaction score
I do. This was an 8-8 team with no offseason. The first draft was a good one and something to build on. Big changes on the D in 2021.

JayFord

Reaction score
Yes

hes switching things up that arent working and finding out what he has to work it

adjustments dont always work but atleast theyre made

Big_D

Reaction score
Yes

hes switching things up that arent working and finding out what he has to work it

adjustments dont always work but atleast theyre made

I like what he did with the Oline yesterday. Not like Garrett giving up 6 sacks to the Falcons and doing absolutely nothing.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
.......I'll give Nolan a year or two to put his identity on the defense before firing him....but heck some haters want him fired after 3 games....Nolan was handed a heck of a mess to work with and no help to fix it..... cant coach stupid....takes time to bring in talent.....

when a rookie CB (Diggs) and a walk-on DE (A. Smith) are the best players on the defense....you know its gonna be a long season...blame the coaches all you want...but there is NO....NONE....NONYA.....talent on this defense

a year or two?

it’s been 3 games and we’ve seen enough.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
So kinda like the greatest show on Turf Rams concept of 4 wides with Holt, Bruce, Az Zahir Hakim and Proehl...

And Dak is Warner and Zeke is Faulk.

And then I woke up, lol

Go Cowboys

We should prolly call it the Greatest "Situational" Show on Turf. Lol.

Most of the time on critical passing downs for sure. Where we seem to be lacking the most

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Absolutely no reason for a question like this after only three games in a season like no other with no off season and all the injuries.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Why must we always sign these washed up Coaches?

Is it impossible for us to sign a Coach with Potential instead of a Coach who has already reached the peak of his career and is on the downside of it...

McCarthy & Nolan are both Has-Been’s.

Moore is also average Offensive Coordinator. He has incredible talent to play with in our Offense. But still finds a way to screw up. Dak makes him look way better than he actually is.

Never had faith in him or them.

Faith to me is something that grows with time. So i will give them time before i make up my mind.