Do you Still have Faith in McCarthy?

75boyz

Reaction score
Three games in and we are running a spread offense and hung with a superbowl contender on a snakebit day with two missed extra points and 2 turnovers.

Yall talking about stats and yards and not wins and losses. An 8-8 team doesnt have the best offense if it cant beat a .500 team on the schedule. When has a top offense had the worst red zone offense in the same sentence. lmao

I thought we needed a wr as a returner or a te. It would take 3-4 years to develop a te here. Thats why i liked the Ceedee pick. I thought our passing game was horrible last year. It couldnt beat nobody when it mattered.

As far as Big Mike is concerned hes not gonna change this 3rd string everydown te passing offense that has plagued this franchise in an overnight fashion but those 4 wrs are gonna give defenses fits. Not just the Giants and skins. Lol

If he scales back the tes on passing downs i think the talent on offense can compete at the playoff level. And overshadow some of the puppetness. Hes 10 fold a better coach than Garrett.
How much better is dependent on whether he scraps all that 3rd string te overinvolvement. Yall gotta admit those 4 wr sets were unstoppable

Your conviction to the 4 wide sets is noteworthy bro.

Give ya much respect for offering up this opinion on possibly changing this to the base offense.

Introducing Wilson yesterday vice keeping in Schultz did yield results.

Slightly better pass rush defenses may not be as vulnerable as Seattle's was and protection schemes would need to be further altered if it were to be a staple going forward.

But I share in your opinion of Wilson being a more viable pass catching threat than Schultz or Bell.

Can McCarthy/Moore implement it consistently and effectively?

I wouldn't hold my breath on 'em but it's at least worth a try imo.

Go Cowboys

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
The best thing that could happen to us is our te comes down with the Flu and cant play.

They can use extra olineman more and substitute in those 4 wr and dual rbs. Lol. Cuz these tes only play good enough to lose at the end.

Just take the old outdated te passing scheme out the playbook until we hit on one of them bargain basement undrafted tes lmao

Now if we can get a safety gregory and Lve back we'll be set. Call david irving. Lol. Weed is not a banned substance. He he he.
We win the Superbowl and yall know why? Cause we got hi cause we got hi cause we got high
And used more 4 wr sets

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never wanted to hire him but it's way too early to know how he will do here.

I don't believe in giving him a year or whatever. I think we should know pretty soon what type of coach he is going to be here.

I think this is a November team. Let's take a peek at how we look against the Steelers in a few weeks and then we'll really find out all we need to know by late November / December.

If the team is still sloppy and he is making bonehead decisions then my questions about him will be answered.

Great coaches figure it out. Parcells didn't need a long time to make Dallas legit again. It took him 1 offseason to get us in the playoffs.
Think this team can't make the playoffs?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
“It’s all the same.... only the names will change... every day... this franchise is wasting away”

Dre11

Reaction score
it has nothing to fo with the coach, we have football dumb players that make mistakes at the worse times, or players that rarely makes plays when we need them the most.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yes, I am sill fine with MM. Really questioned Nolan, but willing to see how it goes.

Really getting tired of Moore and questioning if Moore is the right guy.

It is 3 games and we have many key players on IR.

we missed an 0-3 by thisssssssssss |-| much

Brujo

Reaction score
Never did, and everything we've seen so far is in line with what we already know about McCarthy.

I never bought into that "he spent time away from the game to rekindle his love for it" song and dance.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Your conviction to the 4 wide sets is noteworthy bro.

Give ya much respect for offering up this opinion on possibly changing this to the base offense.

Introducing Wilson yesterday vice keeping in Schultz did yield results.

Slightly better pass rush defenses may not be as vulnerable as Seattle's was and protection schemes would need to be further altered if it were to be a staple going forward.

But I share in your opinion of Wilson being a more viable pass catching threat than Schultz or Bell.

Can McCarthy/Moore implement it consistently and effectively?

I wouldn't hold my breath on 'em but it's at least worth a try imo.

Go Cowboys
true true but at least we do have a group that has a shot to beat a good team when our lone wolf running attack goes cold.

These tes are stuck in the middle. They cant compete w a wr or an olineman. So at least this coach did try to not use the tes on 6-7 of the most exciting plays to watch in 10 years. Lol.

If we score 35 points against the Giants this week w these tes ill be surprized since we dont have the Giantkiller. Lol. Oh wait we playing the browns. So We better spread the field

Last edited:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Yes. I know it’s unbelievable, but I haven’t given up on a coach 3 weeks into his first season which had zero preseason games and a team that’s been decimated by injuries. Call me irrational.....but I’m stuck in my ways

75boyz

Reaction score
I never wanted to hire him but it's way too early to know how he will do here.

I don't believe in giving him a year or whatever. I think we should know pretty soon what type of coach he is going to be here.

I think this is a November team. Let's take a peek at how we look against the Steelers in a few weeks and then we'll really find out all we need to know by late November / December.

If the team is still sloppy and he is making bonehead decisions then my questions about him will be answered.

Great coaches figure it out. Parcells didn't need a long time to make Dallas legit again. It took him 1 offseason to get us in the playoffs.

I share in your opinion that this year, because of Covid, should not be considered some kind of throwaway year with an asterisk attached.

That's an excuse mentality to me that this team never seems to get rid of.

Why? Because all 31 other teams started the season facing the same obstacles. Period.

He's been coaching for 20 years and won a Super Bowl right?

Go out and disprove doubters like me that you can win your worst division in football and then playoff games without Rodgers carrying you.

It's that simple.

As always, just my opinion

Go Cowboys

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes but I think this roster should have a little higher standard than the Quincy Carter / Troy Hambrick roster.
Roster includes the D and ST as well? I don't know what standard they should have and didn't coming into the season. They have neither the coaching or the talent on the D side so the higher standard must be carried by the offense, which is one of the more talented ones in the league, just not the most talented and probably not top 4 in the NFC.

I am not making excuses but at full health, I didn't think a lot of this D or the selection of DC. They're missing 2 starting LB's, and the best 2, and 2 starting CB's, probably the best 2. The O came into the season with one of the most over-rated OL's in the league and are now banged up. The starting TE is gone and evidently they were depending on him more than we knew.

They've stumbled but they haven't fallen yet. There is still a lot of ball to play and I would bet a lot of unforeseen circumstances to take place with a lot of teams.

And "a little higher standard" means they're happy with their performance and the results in SEA?

We are not a quarter though the season, it's far too early for all of this wailing and gnashing of teeth. Plenty of time for that later in the season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Roster includes the D and ST as well? I don't know what standard they should have and didn't coming into the season. They have neither the coaching or the talent on the D side so the higher standard must be carried by the offense, which is one of the more talented ones in the league, just not the most talented and probably not top 4 in the NFC.

I am not making excuses but at full health, I didn't think a lot of this D or the selection of DC. They're missing 2 starting LB's, and the best 2, and 2 starting CB's, probably the best 2. The O came into the season with one of the most over-rated OL's in the league and are now banged up. The starting TE is gone and evidently they were depending on him more than we knew.

They've stumbled but they haven't fallen yet. There is still a lot of ball to play and I would bet a lot of unforeseen circumstances to take place with a lot of teams.

And "a little higher standard" means they're happy with their performance and the results in SEA?

We are not a quarter though the season, it's far too early for all of this wailing and gnashing of teeth. Plenty of time for that later in the season.

Who in this league is playing defense right now?

Dallas's defensive talent isn't that bad. Especially if they can get healthy and Diggs gets more experience.

NFL defenses are just trash this year. Seattles Defense is garbage and they are 3-0.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Why must we always sign these washed up Coaches?

Is it impossible for us to sign a Coach with Potential instead of a Coach who has already reached the peak of his career and is on the downside of it...

McCarthy & Nolan are both Has-Been’s.

Moore is also average Offensive Coordinator. He has incredible talent to play with in our Offense. But still finds a way to screw up. Dak makes him look way better than he actually is.
Yes , but none in the defense or special teams coaches

acer941

Reaction score
Who ever said they had faith in MM?

no one is as dumb as you hailing a loser like garret.

Hailing Garrett? Seriously where did you get that mess from? When have I ever been a Garrett supporter or even complemented the guy?

Come on now... Don’t put words in my mouth.

acer941

Reaction score
I don’t faith in anyone on this staff because we haven’t won anything with this staff.

having said that, it’s three games. Lighten up and give the team time to develop which they haven’t had. These meteoric and valley-like reactions have from game to game is so damn immature. Every one on you would have fired Tom Landry at the start of his career.

Some of you whiners would have made terrible partners in a fox hole under stress. Likely the only thing to remind anyone you were there is the noxious smell of diarrhea you left behind.

Yes, it’s only been 3Games and everyone on this planet knows we should be 0-3 Right now. Only reason we Won that Falcons game is because a Miracle. But we are 1-2 so be it.

But a miracle will not come again and this Defense doesn’t look promising. We’ve invested a lot into it and Teams actually have more time to Pass the ball this year than they did last year. When we’ve added 3Former Pro-Bowlers.

What will you have to say when we struggle to get past the Cleveland Browns or even Lose the game?

Nexx

Reaction score
I have some faith in McCarthy.... I have zero faith in Nolan.

acer941

Reaction score
He's a massive upgrade over what was here.

Have you watched the Giants offense this year?

Im not a supporter of Garrett and never have been. But the Giants don’t even have a 1/10 of the Talent we have on our Roster.

I’m just asking the question of Why McCarthy? Never understood it. Even back when he was signed I didn’t like it. But I decided to give him a chance. Which he still has. Just that things don’t look good. I would have been fine if they even just looked promising.

But WoW this team looks sloppy at times and the Pandemic isn’t an excuse when theirs other teams in the League that still managed to get the fundamentals installed.