Do You Think Dak Prescott Cares?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Romo killer...lol. Everyone knew he couldn't beat out Romo. That's why they never had the competition Romo requested. The coaching staff was tired of Romo basically running the game from LOS. Once he went out you saw how inept and awful the staff was at calling plays.

kskboys

Reaction score
Romo killer...lol. Everyone knew he couldn't beat out Romo. That's why they never had the competition Romo requested. The coaching staff was tired of Romo basically running the game from LOS. Once he went out you saw how inept and awful the staff was at calling plays.
Pretty much. Romo repeatedly bailed out a craptastic scheme w/ his maneuverability.

cmoney23

Reaction score

This might be the single dumbest thing I've ever seen. My favorite part though was moments after the producer comments about how bad he is on 3rd down. This pops up on the screen.
screen-shot.jpg

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Did Romo quit? Yes. Could he have comeback and challenge for his job? Yes. He surely played that last game in NY and said he was healthy to return during the season. If he was competitive enough, he would have came back to challenge for his job, like Aikman after injuring his hand/arm with Walsh, straining his knee with Beuerlein, or like Staubach after breaking his pinkie finger...WAIT STAUBACH CAME BACK AND PLAYED THE ENTIRE SEASON...It was Romo that quit the season with a broken pinkie finger. So it would be like Staubach meeting the challenge of Danny White and Clint Longley. After Staubach was hospitalized with a separated shoulder, he came back and faced the competition.

You guys love revisionist history. But even Peyton Manning said Romo should have been training to win instead of preparing to be a broadcaster.

No way dak said it. Just the op stating his own opinion thru an contrived, made up convo thru another person 's mind as he imagines it.
Yes, I made this up in my mind based on what I have seen Dak Prescott go through and is going through in his life. It is fantasy based on facts. Past performance is indicative of future results. What did I write that was not factual. Dak Prescott has responded to criticism by starting out as 3 stringer in high school, college, and the NFL, responded with great performances maximizing the opportunity when given the opportunity in high school, college and the NFL, responded with off season hard work to improve himself in high school, college and the NFL (never seen or reported about the last Cowboys QB off season work in the NFL), and his maintains his focus even through the adversity of losing a love one.

You can go and look at my posts. I have said Dak has missed big plays with poor in-explainable throws. He had me throwing my cowboys cap at my TV many times (which I hit accurately 100% of the time). But, he completed 66% of his passes his senior in college (63% overall with improvement each year as a starter) and has completed 66% the NFL. Therefore, a cannot post he is inaccurate because that lacks credibility. I can say his moments of inaccuracy lost games. But, even that is not credible when he is a .600 winning percentage as a starter at 40-24. I can say he has no respect among his peers. But that is not credible with 3 Pro Bowl appearances in 4 years as a starter. After the Philly game this year, I can say he can't win the big games. But that lacks credibility when he was 13-3 as rookie on the road beating Aaron Rodgers, and Big Ben (something Romo never did). Dak Prescott has only 1 lost in 3 years beating Washington our biggest rival (with and without Kurt Cousins).

I just give my opinion and I try my best to make it credible.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Did Romo quit? Yes. Could he have comeback and challenge for his job? Yes. He surely played that last game in NY and said he was healthy to return during the season. If he was competitive enough, he would have came back to challenge for his job, like Aikman after injuring his hand/arm with Walsh, straining his knee with Beuerlein, or like Staubach after breaking his pinkie finger...WAIT STAUBACH CAME BACK AND PLAYED THE ENTIRE SEASON...It was Romo that quit the season with a broken pinkie finger. So it would be like Staubach meeting the challenge of Danny White and Clint Longley. After Staubach was hospitalized with a separated shoulder, he came back and faced the competition.

You guys love revisionist history. But even Peyton Manning said Romo should have been training to win instead of preparing to be a broadcaster.
Staubach played the rest of the season but did not play well. He even said that rest is the best option for Romo. Romo TRIED to challenge for his job. He asked for an open competition for the QB job with the best person winning and the staff told him no. If they were so sure Dak was the better player then why not have it? Surely Dak would destroy Romo and the entire team and fanbase would get behind him. Romo would've slaughtered Dak in an open competition. He was the better QB (as he should've been, he was a vet) and they should've gone with the QB who gave them the best chance to win. Worst case scenario, Romo gets hurt and Dak finishes the season.

Well, if Manning said it then it must be true. Him and Romo were clearly best friends and worked closely together frequently.:rolleyes: No one should ever knock Romo for competitiveness. Dude was an UDFA that worked hard every day and eventually became a starter. Given a fair shot he would've obviously stepped up to the plate.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Zeke factors into that
Yes. As does coaching, play calling, the offensive line, WRs, TEs... ya know... the whole team.

To suggest it's all on Dak and that he doesn't convert 3rd downs when WE converted them at the best rate in the league. It is silly on several points.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

There is a video of Romo sitting on the sidelines during the Philly game Dak's rookie year admitting that Dak had earned it.

It was also a decision about the future. Cheaper, future.

Isnt that what you Dak trolls are preaching now? Why stick with the high priced encumbent if you can have a guy similar an a rookie deal?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Personally, I don’t think Prescott cares. He’s kinda like that Phil Collins song, “in the air tonight” about that guy who could’ve saved that other guy from drowning, but didn’t and Phil saw at all and at a show he found him.