Do you think Elliott may want to be traded?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It never occurred to you as you were typing this thread out that this wasn't a good idea?

It never occurred to you that some would like to discuss this?

The arrogance!

Do you have something better to add?

You are not a mod, thank god, or no discussion beyond the schedule would be good.

Get off the cross, mate, we need the wood!!!!!!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Kelce is considered the best zone blocking OL in football

Freddy is mostly a man blocker

I am talking our entire OL with Frederick. Our LG will be better, the rookie had a rough start, but finished strong. I'll take our starting 5 over any other team, And our depth.

Altestic

Reaction score
I am talking our entire OL with Frederick. Our LG will be better, the rookie had a rough start, but finished strong. I'll take our starting 5 over any other team, And our depth.
I would take McGovern and Williams over Williams and Collins anyday. Collins is a turnstile. He sacked his own QB last year, lol

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Maybe it is all staged for ratings. WWF drama in football form. Quit paying attention to the soap opera.

WarlikeAffectionateAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif

XFL bound?

ksadler1

Reaction score
Philly would be his best bet. Not much is considered a crime in that cesspool of a city. They laugh at what he gets in trouble for in Dallas...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hasn't anyone stopped to consider that Elliott may simply want out?

This holdout is obviously poorly considered on the face of it. No doubt Elliott and his representation saw what happened to Bell.

It strikes me that Elliott may simply be doing this to burn bridges and get himself traded to a team where he might feel he is more likely to win.

Random thought for the day. People crucified the guy who suggested a trade to Kansas City might be a good idea, but if I'm Elliott that is precisely what I want and I do think that it would be a trade that would help all parties.

No, he is holding out because his agent told him to do it.

His agent wants to make a name for himself by having a very public feud with the Cowboys. If he can "win" then he can attract more clients. Zeke's current rookie deal is the biggest "under contract" dollars his agent has at this time.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
While I wouldn't want to waste my career under Garrett like other talented players have done here, that's really only one of a couple things keeping us from the SB, and coaching will likely be rectified after this season. There's no reason for him to want out; he just wants paid.

cern

Reaction score
There might come a time when trading zeke becomes a necessity, but that time is not yet here. Should such a time come, I'd give Zeke and his agent a list of parameters and tell them to get back to me when they have a deal made I would accept.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
*groan,,, that's an unsavory prospect in& of itself ,based solely upon the ponderations of the possibility*

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
If I was JJ I would not trade him unless someone blows me out of the water. Zeke is going to have make a decision quick because I have heard from several sources that if he doesn’t report by August 6 he loses a year to become a FA. Don’t know how much truth there is to that.
There's a mega **** ton of truth to that Aug.6th scuttlebutt.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
What will the Cowboys get? What do the Cowboys need that would have them trade the leading rusher in the NFL that has 2 years left on a rookie deal with 2 franchise tags pending paying average of top 5 RBs that definitely is cap friendly?

No!!!! They will not trade him. Because KC is not going to trade Mahomes, Greenbay is not going to trade Rogers, no Aaron Donald, and nobody is going to give Jerry 3 no.1, and 3 no. 2 draft picks for Zeke. However if there is a sucker let him suck. The Cowboys Personnel Department under McClay is pretty darn good at drafting like it was during Jimmy Johnson's day with John Wooten and Bob Ackles.

But just for fun...what if we trade Zeke to Jacksonville for Ramsey, Fournette, Cam Robinson, 2 no.1 and 2 no.2 picks? Ramsey and Fournette are in Coughlin's dog house. Robinson is on PUP but could eventually replace Collins or Smith. Then you have the draft picks if you choose not to resign Ramsey, have trouble with Fournette down the line (only in his 3rd year of a 5 year rookie deal), or Robinson (only in his 3rd year of a 5 year rookie deal) does not work out. If either signs with another team, you get high compensatory picks plus the draft picks from the trade. Ramsey is the CB Kris Richards wants. Fournette will give you better than expected (he had no line at Jacksonville), and reunite him with Collins. Robinson has the physical tools to replace Tyron Smith at worst replace Collins when he leaves as a free agent.

Jipper

Reaction score
Sure trade him, at this point I am over him as are a good chunk of our fans...stupid and not a team player....

uvaballa

Reaction score
Only consider trading him if he tries to sit out games. But in that situation Cowboys wouldn’t get max value for him. Might as well wait until he returns. He won’t sit out entire year like Bell because he won’t earn a year of eligibility.