Do you think Elliott may want to be traded?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
No one has mentioned this but I think he and his setting ( or trying at least) new contract standards for RBs, especially ones chosen in the first round. Remember how many here have suggested NOT giving RBs 2nd contracts. Ride them and spit them out, they say. Well this, I think is their answer to that theory. Play three full years and demand a new by the 4th year. Pretty telling teams don't even think about adding the 5th year option w/o major resistant UNLESS I get a new deal. Major resistant meaning you ( team ) WILL NOT get my full service for year 4 or 5.

When you think about it it makes sense, especially for with their position having the shortest life cycle of any in the league. Other words, don't surprise the demand for a new deal from RBs with one or two years left become the gold standard.

Apparently, it's not that far fetched coz Stephen is obviously in serious negotiation with their request.

After this fiasco...you may never see another RB selected in the 1st round...w/ the 5th yr option being applied. What's the point if a guy is going to hold out after 3yrs? I'm not sure if the Cowboys can take back the 5th year option...or not give it to him.

Sad thing is...It's probably damn near impossible to trade him now...w/ teams knowing he is willing to sit out...and if you do trade for him...your only going to get him for 2 years...plus you might be trading for this kind of PR nightmare...and he may never show up. Horrible situation.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
How things are turning out , Zeke's image is taking a beating .
It's a tough situation is what im getting at , i don't think Zeke would mind a trade after this .

stinkface

Reaction score
I can see Zeke being moved if the price was right. He is one scuffle away from being suspended by the commissioner. Jerry may decide the drama isn't worth it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I believe Zeke just allowed jealousy to prevail, seeing that others were in line to get rich first!

Greed's funny that way! Perhaps he'll slow his roll, realizing he should've waited his turn. ;)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Hasn't anyone stopped to consider that Elliott may simply want out?

This holdout is obviously poorly considered on the face of it. No doubt Elliott and his representation saw what happened to Bell.

It strikes me that Elliott may simply be doing this to burn bridges and get himself traded to a team where he might feel he is more likely to win.

Random thought for the day. People crucified the guy who suggested a trade to Kansas City might be a good idea, but if I'm Elliott that is precisely what I want and I do think that it would be a trade that would help all parties.
No, it's just you thinking he has a better chance on a different team.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I believe Zeke just allowed jealousy to prevail, seeing that others were in line to get rich first!

Greed's funny that way! Perhaps he'll slow his roll, realizing he should've waited his turn. ;)

If sports radio is to be believed, Zeke's wanting close to QB money.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
LOL -- not sure I'd go quite that far but maybe it's high time for mommy and daddy to have a heart to heart talk with him, huh? ;)
I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys weren't leaking this to get fan support. I hate when these negotiations are fought in the media. I can't imagine Zeke's agent thinking his client can get QB money. But if it is true Zeke's been smoking something funny down in Cabo. lol

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
After this fiasco...you may never see another RB selected in the 1st round...w/ the 5th yr option being applied. What's the point if a guy is going to hold out after 3yrs? I'm not sure if the Cowboys can take back the 5th year option...or not give it to him.

Sad thing is...It's probably damn near impossible to trade him now...w/ teams knowing he is willing to sit out...and if you do trade for him...your only going to get him for 2 years...plus you might be trading for this kind of PR nightmare...and he may never show up. Horrible situation.
I'm sure whoever trades for him knows it comes with giving him a new contract

ItzKelz

Reaction score

This holdout is obviously poorly considered on the face of it. No doubt Elliott and his representation saw what happened to Bell.

It strikes me that Elliott may simply be doing this to burn bridges and get himself traded to a team where he might feel he is more likely to win.

Random thought for the day. People crucified the guy who suggested a trade to Kansas City might be a good idea, but if I'm Elliott that is precisely what I want and I do think that it would be a trade that would help all parties.
I think Zeke just simply wants to get paid. This will be his last big contract. He doesnt want to risk an injury and blow his big pay day. He prefers to stay in Dallas but Im sure he will cash a check from any team.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No. I think you'd come right out and say that

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Considering there are only about 5-6 teams he could be traded to that clearly have a better chance to win than Dallas, and 25-26 teams he could be traded to that have approximately the same or a worse chance to win, this would be an incredibly bad strategy.

I keep reading threads and posts about possible strategies, and they all would require Zeke having a stupid agent.

Why can't it just be that Zeke wants to get paid more?