Do you think he Cowboys will be good next year

Silverstar

Reaction score
Not much confidence with this coaching staff or these new coaches adding anything to the current scheme.

Will have to win with loads of talent and that means a great draft and opening the checkbook for FA's...including DLaw.

Even if all that happens and we start the season with good depth and no injuries or suspensions...Dak still has to improve his game.

Greasylake17

Reaction score
9-7 again. The easier schedule will help, but to me another struggle to make the playoffs

LittleD

Reaction score
I've seen the Cowboy's movie before and for many years. With this coaching staff, the look of
the Cowboys is much like Jacksonville yesterday. You see the Pats yesterday and you see a
team much like the Cowboys had for several years in the 1990's. Both teams just know and knew
how to step on the necks of teams in the 4th quarter to win the big ones. This coaching staff has
no clue how to compete and win in the 4th quarter of games. At this point, Jerry is just fooling the
masses and filling his stadium seats. Too bad!

Gameover

Reaction score
Not a fan of Collins or the guard that replaced Leary. Have to make changes in the receiving corp and add another back that can contribute in passing game

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I swear people are starting threads with the first thing that pops in their head.
"is jerry gonna win a SB"
"is dak any good"
"Is anyone scared of our WR"
"is zeke gonna get in trouble again"
"Why does wittin and Dez suck so bad"
"at least we dont have to watch the boys lose"
"would some other coach be better"
"nfl is rigged for realz"
"will jones hire his grandson"
"we need more emotional hardness"

We need to start an official asinine thread so these guys can vent with these stupid threads.
This. I was beginning to wonder if the National Inquiry editors were DC fans.

slick325

Reaction score
Obviously it is contingent on some things but I will say yes. Despite the shortcomings of the 2017 team, I contend that they could have easily been a double digit win team if they don't lose their best player for 6 games, their 2nd best player in Tyron Smith for games and their third best player in Sean Lee for several games.

If the Cowboys have Elliott all season (healthy and in shape) they can win double figure games and likely can beat any team in the League. Tyron Smith has to be healthy as well or at least have a serviceable Swing T. Sean Lee will get hurt, that is a guarantee, that is why I hope they draft his replacement early this year (1st or 2nd round) and put him on the field ASAP. Obviously, the Coaches must adjust some play calling and the team needs more speed throughout (WR, TE, and defensively). The QB has to get better without question too and I've listed plenty of times what he needs to improve at...but as long as #21 is healthy and present Dallas will be a playoff type team and likely contender in the NFC. Meaning...if you can contend in easily the better conference, that means you have a shot at a Super Bowl even with the deficiencies they have (real or perceived) at QB, WR, Defense, Coaching, and TE.

I do think the team will be good next season even if Prescott slips again...they will find a way to cover the warts.