Do you think it (Firing Wade) happens today?

superpunk

Reaction score
If it's going to be done during the season today is the only day for it, really. Bye week coming up, full two weeks of preparation for Washington under RJ. What do you think? Does Jerry pull the trigger today?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
superpunk;2395285 said:
If it's going to be done during the season today is the only day for it, really. Bye week coming up, full two weeks of preparation for Washington under RJ. What do you think? Does Jerry pull the trigger today?

No I don't. I think if any change like this take place then it will be after the season not during it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Hostile;2395293 said:
Not a chance in the world.

Although I would like it to happen I think your right. You can't give a game ball to a coach one week and fire him the next.

Frozen700

Reaction score
as much as i want it...i doubt jerry pulls the trigger...but him n Brian..need to go

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if it happened. I think what Jerry is doing today is making it crystal clear to Wade that to have any shot of saving his job for next year that the Cowboys better make the playoffs and they better win at least one playoff game, probably need to win 2.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt it.

Who would you give the job to if you did?

It's not like firing him would make anything better at this point as there's no viable alternative on the staff that would improve things.

What I would do is to start doing my homework on who could be available after the season.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2395293 said:
Not a chance in the world.
Ditto that.

Jerry has never fired a coach midseason. And I'm not sure what it would accomplish when you're still trotting the same players out there.

Besides it's not like has Garrett earned the position of HC based on this season.

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
That would be the worst thing Jerry could do and would be interpreted as a panic move...you're far from being out of contention and have serious talent returning soon.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
It will happen no later than 3 PM on Tuesday...........

At least I hope it does.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
NO, that would mean Jerry admitting he was wrong and Jed doesn't like him some crow.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Wade is going to get a chance(or chances) to get this ship righted with his STAR players.

Jerry will see how Wade does when Romo and company come back. BUT there is absolutely NO WAY Wade is our HC next year. None.

superpunk

Reaction score
Big Dakota;2395337 said:
NO, that would mean Jerry admitting he was wrong and Jed doesn't like him some crow.
Jerry didn't have a big selection to choose from when the time came for the HC hiring. Personally I thought if it was going to be Garrett, then he should just get the hell on with it - but he went with Phillips who was the best of a bad group of choices, I guess. I'm assuming there is a reason why Rex Ryan and Ron Rivera aren't having their doors beaten down.

I don't think it would be that big an admission.

Someone needs to be held accountable - you can't replace all the players, but the head coach can be replaced pretty simply. It's more of a symbol than a move toward another guy definitely doing it better.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
superpunk;2395285 said:

why..he didnt bring in bollinger or brad

superpunk

Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2395355 said:
why..he didnt bring in bollinger or brad

He's the head coach. That's where the buck stops.

(also you may have missed it but his defense just gave up nearly 200 yards on the ground.)

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
YoMick;2395345 said:
Wade is going to get a chance(or chances) to get this ship righted with his STAR players.

Jerry will see how Wade does when Romo and company come back. BUT there is absolutely NO WAY Wade is our HC next year. None.

If you won the SB I think Jerry would keep him, but that's what it would take.

superpunk

Reaction score
YoMick;2395345 said:

That seems like a definite - I agree.

I just don't see the need to prolong the inevitable.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
HogsRLegends;2395366 said:
If you won the SB I think Jerry would keep him, but that's what it would take.

IF we won the SB it would be in spite of Wade. Jerry would let him go in a nice way or Wade would "choose" to go out a winner.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I don't see how we could go from winning the division from a season ago to being last place in our division by the bye some heads need to be rolled however everyone has job security so why should anyone give a damn ?