Do you think it (Firing Wade) happens today?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Oh, I don't think Jerry cares about eating crow. He's the ultimate optimist/salesman, and he'd just spin the new arrangement as a great new opportunity... Both to the fans and in his own mind.

The real problem is who runs what. RJ is the head coach and offensive coordinator? And the embattled Stewart runs the D?

I guess we'd have Ivy League press conferences, though.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;2395293 said:
Not a chance in the world.

I agree.

While it sounds like a knee jerk reaction, I think we are close to writing off the season if Wade remains at the helm. (I said close!)

Actually, after six straight games of poor play I don't think it can any longer be classified as "knee jerk". :tantrum:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Oh and by the way... the other scenario would be...

Wade steps down on his own... he looks shot out there.
(now whether he chooses to step down or Jerry convinces him to do without telling us is another story)... he did that with someone after winning a SB... I cant remember his name... ummmm...

Big Dakota

Reaction score
superpunk;2395346 said:
Jerry didn't have a big selection to choose from when the time came for the HC hiring. Personally I thought if it was going to be Garrett, then he should just get the hell on with it - but he went with Phillips who was the best of a bad group of choices, I guess. I'm assuming there is a reason why Rex Ryan and Ron Rivera aren't having their doors beaten down.

I don't think it would be that big an admission.

Someone needs to be held accountable - you can't replace all the players, but the head coach can be replaced pretty simply. It's more of a symbol than a move toward another guy definitely doing it better.

I can agree on all accounts. Off topic but look at it this way. I've bashed Tuna as much as most, but maybe Jerry should have gotten out of the guys way and let him make the decisions like NOT bringing in TO, and such, and maybe we'd still have a HOF coach running the team? Jerry, IMO, undermines just about everything going on with this team. He's a good man and loves the Cowboys as much as anyone alive, but he ends up doing as much damage as he does good. JMHO. Miami looks like an 8 win team with Tuna and would probably be a 2 win team had Jerry taken it over.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2395343 said:
why does garrett deserve the head coaching role? The offense is a mess.

Absolutely. Jason Garrett IS NOT THE ANSWER to this teams problems, he is a contributor to them. :(

TonyS

Reaction score
We need to get Spagnuolo from the Gints if we want any chance at winning the next few years. This is how good teams are built, by ransacking the successful teams. We have all of the pieces except for headcoach and the top assistant coaches. Spags would probably want to bring in another OC though, which king Jerry would have a problem with.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2395408 said:
I can agree on all accounts. Off topic but look at it this way. I've bashed Tuna as much as most, but maybe Jerry should have gotten out of the guys way and let him make the decisions like NOT bringing in TO, and such, and maybe we'd still have a HOF coach running the team? Jerry, IMO, undermines just about everything going on with this team. He's a good man and loves the Cowboys as much as anyone alive, but he ends up doing as much damage as he does good. JMHO. Miami looks like an 8 win team with Tuna and would probably be a 2 win team had Jerry taken it over.

There isn't any doubt. Look at Atlanta and Mike Smith... I don't follow the Falcons closely (to say the least), but he's gotten a perpetually tailspinning franchise to change its culture and play tons better. Whatever changes he's made there, do you think they'd have worked the same way with Jerry making deals with HBO, trading for big-name WRs, working out the injured QB, giving his approval of the coaching staff's QB choice etc.?

No matter who we get, the players have to know that the head coach alone is in charge and that's the end of it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
TonyS;2395432 said:
We need to get Spagnuolo from the Gints if we want any chance at winning the next few years. This is how good teams are built, by ransacking the successful teams. We have all of the pieces except for headcoach and the top assistant coaches. Spags would probably want to bring in another OC though, which king Jerry would have a problem with.

I thought Spagnuolo was a good idea last year. I disagree that he would want to change Garrett. I think they could work well. Doesnt matter now.........

lgarcia792002

Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2395355 said:
why..he didnt bring in bollinger or brad
I dont know .. All i will say is..SOMTHING NEEDS TO BE CUT.. Some one NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT ALL THIS JUNKY A// PLAYING.. Seems like no one cares on the dallas cowboys side.. If i were someone---- something needs to start happening rather it be cutting a player or a coach or something... Just seems like there allot of who cares attitude out there both in the players and coaches.. I don't know im just lost along with this whole cowboys team to as well ..

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I cant see it happening. Pat summerall said it best. If he makes a move during the season and then the team falls apart on garrett, the team may be lost to garrett also.

Then you have to change everything in january.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
theebs;2395450 said:
I cant see it happening.

Not a dig on you but everytime is see "I cant see it happening" or "It will never happen"..... it makes me laugh.....

I mean this is the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones we talkn bout....

superpunk

Reaction score
Big Dakota;2395408 said:

Yeah - Miami's "puppet head coach" has somehow inspired this team with very little big name talent playing like a team with fire in their bellies. Somehow Greg Camarillo has more receptions and yards than Terrell Owens. Will Allen, Michael Lehan (until recently), Jason Allen and yeremiah Bell are outperforming Anthony henry, Mike jenkins, Terrence Newman and Ken Hamlin.

There is a "right" way to put a team together. We abandoned the right way and went to Jerry's way. Now we need someone who can make Jerry's way work.

After all, it's gonna be tough to sell tickets to Jerry-world in this recession.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
YoMick;2395445 said:
I thought Spagnuolo was a good idea last year. I disagree that he would want to change Garrett. I think they could work well. Doesnt matter now.........

I'm not sure Spagnuolo is the answer either. The team needs a leader as the coach. Wade isn't a leader. I'm not sure Spagnuolo is either. He is rather quite. Wade is a great DC as long as he doesn't have to lead.

I think Marty Schottenheimer would be a better choice as a head coach than Spagnuolo. Yes, Marty has had issues with winning in the playoffs, but he is a leader among his team.

Don't take that wrong, I'm not saying hire Schottenheimer, I'm just saying he would probably be a better HC. Defensive genius does not make a great HC. A true leader makes a great head coach.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
superpunk;2395462 said:
Yeah - Miami's "puppet head coach" has somehow inspired this team with very little big name talent playing like a team with fire in their bellies. Somehow Greg Camarillo has more receptions and yards than Terrell Owens. Will Allen, Michael Lehan (until recently), Jason Allen and yeremiah Bell are outperforming Anthony henry, Mike jenkins, Terrence Newman and Ken Hamlin.

There is a "right" way to put a team together. We abandoned the right way and went to Jerry's way. Now we need someone who can make Jerry's way work.

After all, it's gonna be tough to sell tickets to Jerry-world in this recession.

I feel like William H. Macy's character, Little Bill, in Boogie Nights. There's nothing i can do about this **** storm i'm in with my beloved Cowboys.

links18

Reaction score
The coaching staff will get a pass from Jerry for the last 3 weeks, since it looks like the plan was to try to get healthy and get on a roll after the bye week. Unfortunate, but it looks to be the case.....

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
superpunk;2395462 said:

that is the real downer for me.

He will only make things worse come the offseason. He will scrap plans and blow off the people he should be listening to the minute some well known free agent comes available.

Its just a sad day and time for the fans. At least jerry said last night that the teams were playing on two different levels, so maybe he will get it sooner or later, but I doubt it. A good night of sleep and he is Jerry Sunshine again.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
YoMick;2395457 said:
Not a dig on you but everytime is see "I cant see it happening" or "It will never happen"..... it makes me laugh.....

I mean this is the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones we talkn bout....

Your absolutely right.

Nothing would suprise me.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
superpunk;2395285 said:
If it's going to be done during the season today is the only day for it, really. Bye week coming up, full two weeks of preparation for Washington under RJ. What do you think? Does Jerry pull the trigger today?

Hey I thought jerry should have done it two weeks ago but it is not going to happen Jerry is going to ride this horse to out of the playoffs.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
nyc;2395465 said:
I'm not sure Spagnuolo is the answer either. The team needs a leader as the coach. Wade isn't a leader. I'm not sure Spagnuolo is either. He is rather quite. Wade is a great DC as long as he doesn't have to lead.

I think Marty Schottenheimer would be a better choice as a head coach than Spagnuolo. Yes, Marty has had issues with winning in the playoffs, but he is a leader among his team.

Don't take that wrong, I'm not saying hire Schottenheimer, I'm just saying he would probably be a better HC. Defensive genius does not make a great HC. A true leader makes a great head coach.

I hear ya - we cant tell until we see someone like him in action.... but I must say and I will say it as I BELIEVE with CERTAINTY that Spags would have our defense playing better.

THAT would change the whole team dynamic... we know the offense can score at will alot of the time.

AND we havent even seen Romo throwing to RWR. :)

Oh and I disagree with Marty.