Do you think Roger Goodell Will Punish OBD, Bennett, and Harmon like Elliott?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well 1st of all picture or not do you know if it was actually a joint or just a rolled up cigarette? and how do you know it was really coke in those lines, How do you know they just didn't post the picture to have some fun with it? It can't be proved at all not even reasonably, not even by the NFL so i don't think he will get suspended for that, of course if he was smoking the joint then it will show up in his system when he gets tested and even that being a 1st offense (if it is) wouldn't get him suspended just put into the drug program the NFL has, so he's not getting suspended for any of that. I Don't know about Bennett i read he was running onto the field and knocked over a woman, is that actually assault or an accident?..i don't know and if there is video of it then that will decide it, so he may get suspended. Harmon got caught with his hand in the cookie jar no way around that so ya he will get suspended
The first positive test will put them in stage 1 for 90 days. When released they are treated as though they have never failed. As long as they don't move to stage 2, you'll never know about a failed test. These guys know when they are being tested and are only tested once per year, so as long as they pass that test then they can use all the recreational drugs they want as long as they don't get in trouble with the law. They get arrested and convicted or admit to it then the first offense is 4 games. Once they get put into the intervention program, then they can be tested more often.

GMO415

Reaction score
OBJ finnin to get a six game suspension
Bennett finnin to get a year suspension

CPanther95

Reaction score
No question that DV is a terrible thing, but I gotta believe assaulting a handicapped elderly woman in a wheelchair has to be ranked up there also.

Then again, when I think about how the definition of a catch evolved from this same brain trust - I'm not banking on anything necessarily making sense.

timb2

Reaction score
Well 1st of all picture or not do you know if it was actually a joint or just a rolled up cigarette? and how do you know it was really coke in those lines, How do you know they just didn't post the picture to have some fun with it? It can't be proved at all not even reasonably, not even by the NFL so i don't think he will get suspended for that, of course if he was smoking the joint then it will show up in his system when he gets tested and even that being a 1st offense (if it is) wouldn't get him suspended just put into the drug program the NFL has, so he's not getting suspended for any of that. I Don't know about Bennett i read he was running onto the field and knocked over a woman, is that actually assault or an accident?..i don't know and if there is video of it then that will decide it, so he may get suspended. Harmon got caught with his hand in the cookie jar no way around that so ya he will get suspended
Why won't Goodell make ODB take a drug test???

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Why won't Goodell make ODB take a drug test???
Goodell can't force him to take a drug test but all NFL players are tested once per year sometime between April 20th and Aug 9th, if they pass that test they are not tested again until the next season, but if they fail that test then they go into the NFL drug program where they are tested randomly for 2 years. Now a 1st failed drug test does not get you suspended just a fine (as in 4 game checks). I think the 2nd failed test gets you a 4 game suspension

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Goodell can't force him to take a drug test but all NFL players are tested once per year sometime between April 20th and Aug 9th, if they pass that test they are not tested again until the next season, but if they fail that test then they go into the NFL drug program where they are tested randomly for 2 years. Now a 1st failed drug test does not get you suspended just a fine (as in 4 game checks). I think the 2nd failed test gets you a 4 game suspension
You’re skipping a step. After the first failed test they are kicked into stage 1 for 90 days (can be extended another 90 days) and they are tested more frequently. If they get through that period they are kicked out of stage 1 and treated as if they never failed a test.

If they advance to stage 2, then they will be fined. Theoretically they can fail multiple tests and as long as they never advance to stage 2 then we will never hear about it.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
He won't. He devoted the entire 2017 to spiting Jerry Jones. It's a fact. You suspend an innocent man, ignore the recommendation of your investigator , and force a owner to pay you for disagreeing with you all to spite Jerry Jones.
Then not surprisingly, their hated rival somehow wins the division and wins the Super Bowl. They also had the draft in their city that year. It was evident after watching the many many bad calls that went against the cowboys.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boykin better get at least 6 games. IF and when he signs with another team.
1. Seattle already cut Boykin and as far as I know, no one has picked him up. The NFL will certainly hand down a punishment even if he never signs with another team. Boykin’s situation is easier to rule on because there is video evidence which always makes decisions easier.
2. It’s always easy for us to hear about incidents involving players and then make armchair pronouncements about what their punishment should or shouldn’t be. None of us have access to all the facts nor the legal parameters. It’s frustrating sometimes.

Even Zeke’s situation last year, although we did have access eventually to several reports, we did not have access to everything the NFL had.

jrumann59

Reaction score
1. Seattle already cut Boykin and as far as I know, no one has picked him up. The NFL will certainly hand down a punishment even if he never signs with another team. Boykin’s situation is easier to rule on because there is video evidence which always makes decisions easier.
2. It’s always easy for us to hear about incidents involving players and then make armchair pronouncements about what their punishment should or shouldn’t be. None of us have access to all the facts nor the legal parameters. It’s frustrating sometimes.

Even Zeke’s situation last year, although we did have access eventually to several reports, we did not have access to everything the NFL had.
But we did have the lead investigator say there was not enough to warrant discipline. She had everything but whats the point of having information if , Goodell, was already to dish the discipline regardless of circumstantial at best information.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
I would like to know why a 66 year old lady in a wheelchair is working security in a event thats a dam mad house ? Im all for people working and their choice to work .... but you dont hire certain people for certain jobs ... we are not all created equal for all jobs . You would hire an extremely overweight guy for a personal fitness instructor or yoga teacher.You dont hire a person with no teeth for a food taster . You dont hire a mute as a motivational speaker . Dont get me wrong I hate Mikey B just as much as most if not more

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If those players and/or owners treat each of those situations like Elliott and Jerry did, then yeah. I think they will receive similar treatment.