CZ POLL Do you think the Cowboys should rest their starters against the Eagles?

Do you think the Cowboys should rest their starters against the Eagles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Altering the voting access to get the desired result.

Seems familiar.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Two likes...and see Dak actually carrying this team at this point forward!
He is going to have to. Our Defense is good enough to get off the field and get some turnovers. In the playoffs we need to take advantage of the extra drives and put convert into points.. And our kicker better make his kicks..

Xeven

Reaction score
If they have injuries that could use some rest then yes. Zeke def need to sit this one out. I’d play Dak first Q and Rush the rest so Rush gets some experience in case Dak is injured in PO.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If they have injuries that could use some rest then yes. Zeke def need to sit this one out. I’d play Dak first Q and Rush the rest so Rush gets some experience in case Dak is injured in PO.
He needs 85 yards and a touchdown...or his crawl will itch from now on!

shabazz

Reaction score
They did that against Washington and it didn’t carry over against Arizona.

They did it against the Falcons and it didn’t carry over against KC.

Playing good this week means jack squat for the next week. Rest your guys and make sure they’re healthy for the game that matters.

Fair points made......i wish our admin gave a 3rd option of "It doesn't much matter".

Flamma

Reaction score
Not a chance. Go all out to win this game with whatever we have left. Dak should be playing. Get Zeke's fat *** out there. Play them all game.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
I feel like there needs to be a third option. I do feel like some should rest, but that's covid forcing our hand.

Otherwise I'm at a point where I want to see them go out and win. Meaningless or not I don't want to enter the playoffs on a 2 game losing streak and pretend everything is fine.

I remember when the Giants gave it everything they had week 17 vs the Pats, in a meaningless game. They lost a close one, but then caught fire in the playoffs and beat the undefeated Pats I'm the superbowl. This isn't that type of statement game, but I want to win regardless.
That Giants game you referenced put me always on the side of going all out to win every game.

Reactions: CWR

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Completely depends on what PHL does. If they're not going for the win and playing their starters, what good will it do DAL to play against backups?

I wanted DAL to gain some confidence, because I do think that is lacking, going into the playoffs but this game has become irrelevant and flexed to primetime for nothing.
Yes, what will Philly do? Maybe they are thinking to lose for draft position. Teams rarely are flat for Dallas though (WFT this year was an exception).

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They did that against Washington and it didn’t carry over against Arizona.

They did it against the Falcons and it didn’t carry over against KC.

Playing good this week means jack squat for the next week. Rest your guys and make sure they’re healthy for the game that matters.
A most excellent point because inconsistency has been this team's most reliable trait. I can count on them not to be a team to count on in any given game.

We, erroneously, think the playoffs make a difference. The majority of these players will make less money in that first playoff game than a regular season game check. In 2020, the division winning teams got 33K on both the wild card and division rounds, the equivalence of a 528K contract. Think that's motivating to a contract player not going into FA?

The ugly truth of this was revealed not too long ago when the Cowboys were returning from another season ending game in PHL after losing 6-44 and having their season ended. They laughed and talked about investments and vacations on the plane ride home.

The real truth is that we care a hell of a more about the playoffs than they do. It's another game after 17 and they're beaten up, hurting and sore and being rewarded with what? $33.000.

And if a team gets homefield, they are rewarded with not having to play for 33K and can just sit home.

Compare this to after the Cowboys won the 71 SB and Bob Lilly said he was happy because he didn't have to work in the off season. The vast majority of players had to have off season jobs to allow them to continue to play pro ball.

The NFL is all screwed up and should have designated a healthy % of the cap, equally contributed to by every team, to make the playoff money an incentive, not a punishment when compared to their game checks.

And before we get all in their business, none of us knows how it feels to get your body beaten for 17 games and then play at least one more for less money. Risk maybe an injury that will hang over into the next season or limit your career for less money. And after all, they play for the money.

Redline360

Reaction score
Normally I would say yes however the offense needs to get going in another gear. Play the starters till halftime, establish the run game is a must

kskboys

Reaction score
A most excellent point because inconsistency has been this team's most reliable trait. I can count on them not to be a team to count on in any given game.

We, erroneously, think the playoffs make a difference. The majority of these players will make less money in that first playoff game than a regular season game check. In 2020, the division winning teams got 33K on both the wild card and division rounds, the equivalence of a 528K contract. Think that's motivating to a contract player not going into FA?

The ugly truth of this was revealed not too long ago when the Cowboys were returning from another season ending game in PHL after losing 6-44 and having their season ended. They laughed and talked about investments and vacations on the plane ride home.

The real truth is that we care a hell of a more about the playoffs than they do. It's another game after 17 and they're beaten up, hurting and sore and being rewarded with what? $33.000.

And if a team gets homefield, they are rewarded with not having to play for 33K and can just sit home.

Compare this to after the Cowboys won the 71 SB and Bob Lilly said he was happy because he didn't have to work in the off season. The vast majority of players had to have off season jobs to allow them to continue to play pro ball.

The NFL is all screwed up and should have designated a healthy % of the cap, equally contributed to by every team, to make the playoff money an incentive, not a punishment when compared to their game checks.

And before we get all in their business, none of us knows how it feels to get your body beaten for 17 games and then play at least one more for less money. Risk maybe an injury that will hang over into the next season or limit your career for less money. And after all, they play for the money.
I'm married. I get beaten a lot more than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
That Giants game you referenced put me always on the side of going all out to win every game.
The Giants needed to win to get into the playoffs. Tom Brady got hurt in that game which hindered his mobility in the super bowl which was a big reason the Giants won.

So, now that you've seen how going all out no matter what can cause you to lose a super bowl, you've changed your mind, correct?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Yes, what will Philly do? Maybe they are thinking to lose for draft position. Teams rarely are flat for Dallas though (WFT this year was an exception).

Once you make the playoffs you have a preset draft position regardless of record. Whether we win 9 or 10 games on the season, our draft position is determined by where we get knocked out in the playoffs

Ken

Reaction score
Play everyone who is not nicked up or sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.