CZ POLL Do you think the Cowboys should rest their starters against the Eagles?

Do you think the Cowboys should rest their starters against the Eagles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
except there is a chance you improve your seeding, albeit a small one.
If Dallas wins, I have a pretty good feeling we will move up to the 3rd seed. Niners can beat the Rams and Seattle has a decent chance to beat the Cardinals.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I don’t like not having continuity going into the playoffs but at this point we are a MASH unit with injuries and sickness. Why mess with getting more issues at this point? We haven’t carried much from one game to the next

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Since this seems to be a hot topic among fans, I made an official CZ poll for it.

100% want us to rest anyone we need for playoffs...the very low likelihood we move up a spot or two so many other things have to happen like Bucs losing to Panthers that wont happen

and possibility of injury as we saw occur against Gallup could be a stake through the heart....so come on Cowboys yes show up with second and third stringers and we end season 11-6

and most likely see red birds next week...and i am so excited if we do....i guarantee they wont have an easy time of it at all and considering all our miscues and penalties and a kicker

who likes to miss chip shots and dropped balls....and poor scheming to go along poor execution for first 3 quarters....they will meet up with the Cowboy Chain Saw Massacre

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No. Play to win. Winning breeds winning. Losing breeds losing.

we need to rest Zeke for knee and Cooper has lingering issues an extra week would help so much along with others coming off being sidelined....plus our 56-14 did not seem to do a thing next week

against Cards....Dak has always played better in playoffs....even game we lost against rams divisional game 2018...Dak outplayed Goff and we had no interior middle to stop run and we do now

rest and prepare for wild card weekend is my view

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
we need to rest Zeke for knee and Cooper has lingering issues an extra week would help so much along with others coming off being sidelined....plus our 56-14 did not seem to do a thing next week

against Cards....Dak has always played better in playoffs....even game we lost against rams divisional game 2018...Dak outplayed Goff and we had no interior middle to stop run and we do now

rest and prepare for wild card weekend is my view

Okay. We’ll seewhich strategy the Cowboys employ and see how that works out for them.

BermyStar

Reaction score
I was a solid no until the covid illness and general injuries looked to rule out a few key guys... now I say rest em all

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Every effort should be made to win the game, improve seeding, and try to build some momentum for the following week. Obviously injured, overworked vets that would benefit more from a half or more of rest, and covid protocol players should be handled smartly.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Oh I definitely think they should be rested...after the game.

Beat Philacelphia!

I'm watching this one to observe our depth and growth.

cristglo

Reaction score
I agree. They need more reps in real games (not practice) to sharpen what they can before the playoffs.

Dak, especially, needs to practice his timing with this current group of WRs since Gallup will no longer be available.

Maybe we can rest Zeke at least… he would probably be the only player (aside from Tyron?) that would benefit from an extra week off.
They have had all season to do that what is a meaningless game going to do that practice cant? Keep your players from getting hurt in a meaningless game.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Im not sure what potentially playing well against the Philly 2nd stringers will really prove or how it benefits the Cowboys. We saw what blowing out a depleted WFT 2 weeks ago proved. Not much the following week when facing a real team.

We've also seen in the past what the Cowboys did after resting their starters, they came back dragging their tails. Rusty. Losing.
As far as I'm concerned, you play to win period! You keep your starters practiced and ready to go, not lazy and rusty. They could play their starters 1/2 game with Philly and then rest 'em. That'd work, but you don't just give 'em 2 weeks off and expect them to come back sharp and ready to win.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Oh I definitely think they should be rested...after the game.

Beat Philacelphia!

I'm watching this one to observe our depth and growth.

Exactly! Rest 'em AFTER they beat the eagles! The Cowboys don't handle time off well.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Completely depends on what PHL does. If they're not going for the win and playing their starters, what good will it do DAL to play against backups?

I wanted DAL to gain some confidence, because I do think that is lacking, going into the playoffs but this game has become irrelevant and flexed to primetime for nothing.

You don't gain confidence sitting on your backside. This team needs the work.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Exactly! Rest 'em AFTER they beat the eagles! The Cowboys don't handle time off well.

Jon Machota
@jonmachota

Jason Witten on
@gmfb
on the Cowboys: "I think it's a pretty resilient bunch. ... I think they can be really good. I think that road game against the Patriots said this Cowboys team is for real...I think they're gonna start playing their best football at the most important time."

The Dallas Cowboys announced Friday that cornerback Trevon Diggs will not play in Saturday's regular-season finale against the Philadelphia Eagles because of an illness.

The team also noted that running back Tony Pollard and safety Jayron Kearse will miss the game with foot and hamstring injuries,

bleacherreport.com/articles/10023170-cowboys-trevon-diggs-wont-play-week-18-vs-eagles-

because-of-illness

Keep on playing for real...let's just see!

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
With both teams missing key players for COVID reasons, how does anyone have a gut feeling about this final game. I do think the Cowboys nevertheless will play this game to win, to give themselves a chance at potentially improving seeding depending on what takes place on Sunday. Second seed, third seed, better than fourth. Can't even have a gut feeling on Trevon digs breaking Everson Walls' franchise single-season interception record nor Micah Parsons breaking the NFL single-season rookie sack mark. Neither will play in this game. And who knows how many players the Eagles will end up missing. Let's say the Cowboys win since they have more tangible reasons to do so than the Eagles. A score? Seriously? You pick for me.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/gut-feeling-predictions-for-cowboys-eagles-2-2021

DanA

Reaction score
If it's me:

Out: T.Smith, T.Diggs, A.Brown, J.Kearse, M.Parsons, D.Wilson
1st half offense:
  • I am playing best team possible
  • I'm getting the team in sync with 12 personnel and Jarwin (if he's ready)
  • I'm putting Zeke and Pollard (if her plays) on a pitch count with Clement primary RB
1st half Defense:
  • Joseph plays a full game as the no.1 CB
  • Mukuamu plays as a big nickel (covering TE's) and safety
  • Normal defense (minus Micah/Diggs/Kearse)
2nd half offense:
  • I'm taking out Dak, Zeke, Jarwin and anybody else banged up
  • I'm getting some snaps into Farniok
  • I'm putting N.Brown, M.Turner in a fair bit
2nd half defense:
  • Wright comes in as a starting outside corner opposite Joseph
  • Gregory/Lawrence get put on a pitch count or taken out depending on how banged up they are
  • Odigi gets rested (he's played a lot of reps).

Status
Not open for further replies.