CZ POLL Do you want Andy Dalton on the Cowboys in 2021?

Do you want Andy Dalton on the Cowboys in 2021?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tico

Reaction score
Nope I seen more ceiling in Gilbert as backup

Can't get rid of ball and takes to many sacks. Misses alot of throws also. Average about 200 yards with 3 top WRs... No thanks + he has more opportunities to be a starter elsewhere.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Andy Dalton struggles to pass for 200 yards. He's scared in the pocket half of the time and quickly dumps off the ball in the flats, instead of trusting his Oline protection and looking downfield more often. He's been serviceable by helping lead the team to two wins in a row lately, but he's also contributed to many more losses.

Garrett Gilbert can be just as serviceable but pass for more per game since he tends to trust his pass protection and look downfield much more. Plus, Gilbert can scramble and run downfield much better...and he's younger.

I say thank you to Andy Dalton but keep Garrett Gilbert as Dak's backup in 2021. Gilbert would also be much cheaper to keep.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Andy Dalton will likely want to start for another team next year. I'm hoping we'll settle for whomever looks better between Garrett Gilbert and the Nooch. Of course, some other candidate for a backup QB spot is also possible! We'll see about that in TC. May the best man win.

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This poll is one of several being created to show current fan opinions about Cowboys players returning for the 2021 season.

You can use whatever qualifiers you want in your posts, but the poll does not care about your qualifiers!

For a 12 mill/anno deal of course.

Anything more i wont do it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LKXJEvv.png

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I would like a drafted QB to groom who may have some upside.

So you have zero faith in DeNucci and Gilbert? Neither one of them, selected by Jerry, is any good so let's have Jerry pick a couple more who aren't any good.

Yeah that'll improve the team...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yup.

This team would have the same exact record if Dak were here and he is going to cost half as much, if that.
not true, cant be proven but i see Dak winning 3 more games this season then without him..

No way dalton can be a starter we want long term, backup yes..

next season the QB FA carousel with be the biggest ever we can get another QB better then Dalton to bridge gap if somehow we cant resign Dak or he holds out etc..

not having the debate but dak with a better defense and less TOS almost given he wins 3more games then the backups..

the games Dak went 1-3 to turns out were some of the better teams in the league and he had no defense and far too many Turnover set us back..

think about those 3 losses all those teams are double digit playoff teams rights now and Dak had us close at the end despite all the issues in those games..

Not saying pay him 40 mil

but a team friendly 35mil deal , somewhere in that neighborhood, id be keeping him..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
At low contract sure. I think backup wise with Gilbert and Dalton, Cowboys are in good shape.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They got a back up in Gilbert. Cheaper too. So, nope.

Dak will be back. Gilbert the back up.
Gilbert is an unknown commodity, sorry but one game as sample size doesnt instill confidence if we had to use him for more then one game, its why the coaches went back to Dalton.. GG looked good but over a series of games, i doubt he would have been better then Dalton..just gut feeling we see backups come in and have that one great game all the time but then drop off a cliff ie back down to reality's..

GG should be brought back to compete but may end up the emergency 3rd guy..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
we see backups come in and have that one great game all the time but then drop off a cliff ie back down to reality's..

Sometimes, but then you have guys like Moore, and Magee, one or two games started and it's painfully obvious they're not capable of being good NFL qbs.

Playing quarterback in the NFL is the hardest job in sports, it's not surprising that guys have very good to great college careers but can't handle the NFL...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I want Andy to be granted his very fervent desire to start for another team.:thumbup:
I do believe he greatly deserves the opportunity to be granted that wish . . .:grin:

Otherwise, he'd be free to serve as an affordable backup for the Dallas Cowboys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.