CZ POLL Do You Want Dallas In The Playoffs Next Month?

Your Opinion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
I do, but not because Philly loses out. I want Dallas to win out and actually earn it. Beat the Rams and Eagles, then keep the starters in and beat the Skins. We need some momentum if we are to have a prayer in the playoffs.

Before I get bludgeoned, I dont expect that to happen.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
Some may wish going into more depth about their opinion but hopefully as many members as possible will cast their vote on the subject.

Rather my Rams but someone has to win the East and no team I rather have then Dallas. I hate the Shiggles, could care less about Washington, and I don't even follow the Giants.

So yes voting for one Dallas!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Whether we are 16-0 or 7-9, I want the Cowboys in the playoffs. Even if they back in, I would hate for them to not be able to at least be the best of the worst division and having to watch Philly in the playoffs instead. Their potential failure on that day won’t give me any satisfaction of having been worse than them after 16 games and I have no confidence Dallas would use the draft pick wisely anyway, so a better draft pick consolation prize isn’t worth it.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
How can anyone vote "no", knowing that draft picks are not sure things and that it would be the Eagles that would take their place. I just can't find it in my bones to root for the Eagles to win the division. No way, no how, never.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some may wish going into more depth about their opinion but hopefully as many members as possible will cast their vote on the subject.

giphy.gif

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
What fan would not want to be in the playoffs? I mean if your in it you got a "chance" to win it all. Granted with our record the odds are against us, but we have a chance and once you enter the playoffs records dont matter.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
You NEVER turn down playoff chance.
You never know what may happen.

Looks like we will blow it though.
If we do get in... an embarrassing playoff loss in most likely imminent.

Creeper

Reaction score
My heart says yes, my brain says no. Forget the heart. This team has something seriously wrong with it. It needs to be corrected. If its attitude brought about by a lackluster coach and owner, that is going to be hard to change without some significant personnel changes. The Cowboys may have to shop some players around the league in addition to hiring a new coaching staff. I believe at least some rebuilding is going to be necessary over the next two years anyway. They have about 30 payers who will be free agents this year and next. Be prepared for major change in the roster.

But it goes beyond that. The Cowboys division is changing. The Giants suck this year but they are closer than anyone thinks. Danny Dimes needs more experience and will probably be greatly improved next year. The Giants are also building that defense again. They have some DTs the Cowboys could use. If the Giants draft someone like Chase Young, and they will have a good shot at him, they could have a stout defense for the next 4 or 5 years. If they can sign Leonard Williams, and another CB or two, they could be very tough.

The Commanders are also building a foundation for the future. I am not a big Haskins fan, but if they can get him another receiver, improve a little on the OL and add a LB or some secondary help, they could also be very tough in the next couple of years. The Commanders are solid at DT also with Allen and Payne. That duo is just going to get better.

Both the Giants and Commanders will be drafting very early and will have a chance to add an impact player somewhere on the field. My guess is the Giants will go with Young if he's on the board, otherwise they will go with a top OT. The Commanders need a replacement for Trent Williams.

The Eagles are on a slide, IMO. Jason Peters is old. Jenkins is 31, Kelce is 32, Graham is 31. They also have injury prone WRs. They have more cap space than I could have imagined considering where they were last year and they are willing to use it. They are also willing to trade picks for players and have done so effectively.

This is a long way of saying, the Cowboys had no first round pick last year and I believe, if they lose out, they will have a quality pick this year - and a big chance to select a true impact safety or maybe even a DT. I say let the Eagles win the division at 9-7 and lose in the first round. The Cowboys need fresh meat for the defense and losing is the best way to acquire that talent since Jerry doesn;t believe in signing free agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.