CZ POLL Do you want Mike McCarthy fired?

Do you want Mike McCarthy fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big D

Reaction score
After listening to his press conference....I don't see how you go forward with him. He called that run play for Dak. He just said that is something they practice....

I am absolutely floored right now. That might be the dumbest coaching decision I have ever heard. Was trying to get the ball set up to the 20....so they could run 5 verticals. MM thought they had enough time to spike it.

My apologizes to Dak.....I thought that he improvised....but this is all on McCarthy. That is just inexcusable.

I guess after seeing some of McCarthy's decisions over the last 2 years.....I shouldn't be surprised.....but that was the last straw for me.

People really need to go back and listen to this for themselves....

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/live-first-word-ot-postgame-show
the call was. suspect but it wasn't what lost the game. The only thing this team does consistently is shoot themselves in the foot.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
70% is a lot lower than I would've thought after that embarrassing performance.

The Cowboys came out flat.
The Cowboys were clearly outschemed/game planned by the 49ers.
And the Cowboys had 14 penalties.

I can't think of a loss that should be blamed squarely on the head coach more than this one.

Unfortunately, the last play of the game will distract everyone's attention because twitter went crazy about it.

Thing is....this is McCarthy's idea.....He just said it on the post game. Un freaking believable!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I honestly think he might be a Packer mole just to sabotage us....does just enough to think he's legit...then bammmmm...then it really counts. He just screws everything up.

Gaede

Reaction score
The penalties.....

The undisciplined play....

NOT being ready to play...the slow starts.

The questionable play calls.......when to go for it...when not to go for it...

It all points to McCarthy

He's an idiot......and idiots do idiot things. There was a reason he was forced out of Green Bay.

I'm all in....on promoting Quinn. Hopefully that clears up some of the discipline issues.

Me too

Niners were a well coached playoff team. Not as talented, but organized, disciplined, and strategic.

We came out like it was 5th grade gym class.

We hired this dude because he's won before. *** was this?!

Blackrain

Reaction score
Really how many stupid polls do we need after an embarrassing loss like that.

Is it really necessary to just pour salt in the wound hasn't it already been proven it doesn't matter what coach or quarterback we have in the last 25 years.

Soft undisciplined culture created by Jerry = failure

Dalmations202

Reaction score
I don't want him fired until I am told who his replacement is.
Sorry, for all I know Jerry would just resign Garrett.

Give me a good HC though, and I am all for it.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
If that game is not a fire-able offense, I don't know what is.

How did they develop a gameplan where Ceedee Lamb doesn't get to touch the ball? I'm so tired of the same offense we've been running since 2007.

visionary

Reaction score
Thing is....this is McCarthy's idea.....He just said it on the post game. Un freaking believable!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I honestly think he might be a Packer mole just to sabotage us....does just enough to think he's legit...then bammmmm...then it really counts. He just screws everything up.

that was a play to catch the defense unawares

it worked

if the idiot Dak had taken the ball to the ref to touch it we had enough time

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Yes how can you not? its the same old story, undisciplined team. This team needs new life and it shouldn't be kellen Moore.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If he’s fired it’ll be Moore and he’s much worse

I’d rather have McCarthy

You don't know that.....I suspect Kellen has been neutered by McCarthy. All the pre-motion...disappeared as the season progressed. All we did was run a basic route tree. I know Kellen is better than this.

quickccc

Reaction score
- if we fire McCarthy now .. it had better be Dan Quinn named new HC of Cowboys

- With Quinn there doesn't have to be a total overhaul from defense to offense ...
he can keep his defensive asst. while naming or promoting his new OC, offensive asst. (Nussemeirer

- but if We return McCarthy - there's major re-tooling on offense to be demand - we cannot bring back Kellen Moore as play calling OC
and have to determine the assumed new DC,..and new OC

IAmLegend

Reaction score
MM ain’t goin’ anywhere. Neither is Dak.

Get comfortable boys, Jerry’s running it back again next year.

And the next.

And the next.

And the next.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I vote no. He's better than Garrett was. Don't know if any coach can be the answer unless they are the leader of the team instead of Jerrah.... Is that ever going to happen? The Closest we gotten to that was The Tuna after Jimmy.

lsg13

Reaction score
- if we fire McCarthy now .. it had better be Dan Quinn named new HC of Cowboys

- With Quinn there doesn't have to be a total overhaul from defense to offense ...
he can keep his defensive asst. while naming or promoting his new OC, offensive asst. (Nussemeirer

- but if We return McCarthy - there's major re-tooling on offense to be demand - we cannot bring back Kellen Moore as play calling OC
and have to determine the assumed new DC,..and new OC
That dude was a terrible HC, why reboot that?

Big D

Reaction score

I felt the same way about JG. lol

TheHerd

Reaction score
If he’s fired it’ll be Moore and he’s much worse

I’d rather have McCarthy
Can't be Moore. On the biggest stage, the #1 offense with 70% of our cap and supposed super stars everywhere scores 17 at home. He isn't the answer. Please get a job elsewhere. Tomorrow

lsg13

Reaction score
The penalties.....

The undisciplined play....

NOT being ready to play...the slow starts.

The questionable play calls.......when to go for it...when not to go for it...

It all points to McCarthy

He's an idiot......and idiots do idiot things. There was a reason he was forced out of Green Bay.

I'm all in....on promoting Quinn. Hopefully that clears up some of the discipline issues.
All those problem you mention are the same problems we had pre McCarthy... what makes you think firing him will fix any of those?
Quinn has proven to be a terrible head coach, why go there?

visionary

Reaction score
You don't know that.....I suspect Kellen has been neutered by McCarthy. All the pre-motion...disappeared as the season progressed. All we did was run a basic route tree. I know Kellen is better than this.

KM had some tricks early in the season

then defences caught up to him

he’s Garrett 2.0
I’m ok if he leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.