Do you want the Cowboys to tank before the bye week?

Do you want to tank before the bye week?

• Yes

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teams should never consider tanking until they are eliminated from the playoffs.

Sports history, including the NFL, is filled with teams that looked lost and completely out of the playoff hunt earlier in the season only to see them go on a winning streak toward the end of the season and ride that hot wave all the way to a championship.

Is that likely? No, of course not and even when that does happen, it is the exception and not the rule.

However, the fact that it does happen and the fact that drafting a top 5 player in the next draft does not guarantee success either, there's just no reason to give up before being eliminated from the post-season.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Teams should never consider tanking until they are eliminated from the playoffs.

Sports history, including the NFL, is filled with teams that looked lost and completely out of the playoff hunt earlier in the season only to see them go on a winning streak toward the end of the season and ride that hot wave all the way to a championship.

Is that likely? No, of course not and even when that does happen, it is the exception and not the rule.

However, the fact that it does happen and the fact that drafting a top 5 player in the next draft does not guarantee success either, there's just no reason to give up before being eliminated from the post-season.
Except the Dolphins, in their case, they defintitely should start tanking now.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Except the Dolphins, in their case, they defintitely should start tanking now.
You never know. They may sign a veteran quarterback off his couch that most of the league wrote off and next thing you know they start winning games.

It's way too early in the year for any team to give up yet.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't but if like them to pick a direction. What's the point of overpaying Dak and CD but not field a competitive playoff team. IMHO you should be all in or getting rid of big contracts to reset. Being in the middle sucks, no chance to win, not much hope for the future.

Praxit

Reaction score
..have we seen the rest of NFC? ..Its wide open. All teams look suspect.

Tank? ...never. We keep sailing, till we find that port called home.
arriving-izuniy.gif

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Many of you have stated for the team to tank so it will be an easy answer for you.

Me? Hell no.
Tanking stinks for fans and I doubt McCarthy would tank considering he would likely be auditioning for another opening. Plus if we tanked before the bye what if McCarthy is fired, Zimmer is the interim coach, the Cowboys play better and Zimmer is hired as the next head coach? Also, we wouldn't be tanking for a QB but maybe trading down for more compensation?

Bottom line I'm not in favor of tanking unless we're in the final leg of the season last 4,5 games we're sitting at a 4-9/4-8 type record with virtually no chance to make the playoffs.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Teams, especially players and coaches, don’t tank…..fans do. But, if Dallas is sitting at 2-8, then by all means, keep losing.

HotDog37

Reaction score
You never know. They may sign a veteran quarterback off his couch that most of the league wrote off and next thing you know they start winning games.

It's way too early in the year for any team to give up yet.
Andrew Luck.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I chose yes, cause it would be way better for us in the long run if we would tank. But come gameday, I cant actually root for a loss, I still cheer for em. Even those years where we were 4-11 and the last game was like Washington, I knew 4-12 instead of 5-11 could be the difference in a few draft spots. But once the game started, beating Washington and going 5-11 was all that mattered.