Do you want the Cowboys to tank before the bye week?

Do you want to tank before the bye week?

• Yes

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 79.5%

• Total voters

Aven8

Reaction score
To the answer the OP. No you don’t tank when your QB is healthy and you just paid him the biggest contract in NFL history.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys are just bad enough to where they don’t have to tank to lose…..
That may be so, but go down fighting and not like a little beach, like many on here want them to do. I wonder how many of them would lose on purpose in their lives. This isn't baseball or basketball....if you let you let up or purposely hold out players, you or other players will get hurt.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep, he really has another goal with a thread like this - he's setting people up so he can unleash his insults and hater-aid.

giphy.webp
Amber when he sees your post

giphy.webp

leeblair

Reaction score
The Cowboys could get the first six picks in the draft for no money against the cap and it wouldn't change their fortunes as long as #4 is their quarterback.
Garrett 2.0 in action.
Perhaps that's not fair; at least they do have a true head coach, so maybe he could do something that kept #4 from holding them back if his team was stacked.
Perhaps.

kskboys

Reaction score
HELL NO!!!! , why do someone always ask this dumb question?! No one wants to sit for 17/15/16/14/13 weeks being pissed off watching your team lose games, that's just plain idiocy!!! Because you want the first pick in the draft or a top 10 pick, when they are more of a crap shoot than any other pick later on in the draft.
Holy Larry, where do you get this incredibly erroneous stuff from?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Teams should never consider tanking until they are eliminated from the playoffs.

Sports history, including the NFL, is filled with teams that looked lost and completely out of the playoff hunt earlier in the season only to see them go on a winning streak toward the end of the season and ride that hot wave all the way to a championship.

Is that likely? No, of course not and even when that does happen, it is the exception and not the rule.

However, the fact that it does happen and the fact that drafting a top 5 player in the next draft does not guarantee success either, there's just no reason to give up before being eliminated from the post-season.
And everyone who thinks Jerry was doing this you know not bringing enough talent so he can tank this year is the most insane ridiculous thing I ever heard why would you sign your quarterback in your receiver to that much money if your intention was to tank and also the other fact is why would you bring Mike McCarthy back I mean you could have just hired some spare part not signed your players started trading your best assets that would be a sign of a team that would be tanking not one that just invested $100 million in two players..

There is rumors around there they think that they set everyone up to fail on purpose why would Jerry do that that's just some things he's done or has not done appear that way from the outside because they're under a microscope and I realize their lack of effort or aggressiveness in free agency makes it look like that...​
Jerry Jones have never purposely tanked ever matter of fact remember in 2020 didn't they win three games and lose 2 going down the stretch something like that wouldn't have it made it hard to win a game by just pulling Dalton and pulling starters those last three games because yeah we could have got a better draft pick they don't take Jerry has never taped sometimes organically you're gonna look bad because you just don't have enough talent you had a lot of injuries etc..​
But to answer the question as a fan base hell no I never want to see them tank I never really want to see them lose on purpose like they should have in 2020 I just don't believe in that you go out and play your best game because some of the teams that you're gonna meet it's not fair to their opposing people left on their schedule for you to give up a game and you're helping somebody easily win a game and now you're hurting another team that maybe possibly had a chance that just isn't right for me as I play sports most of my life to be losing on purpose just makes no sense..​
And like you said getting a top draft pick doesn't guarantee you anything gotta pick the right guy and then he's gotta actually perform to the level you hoped he would and that doesn't happen often there's a lot of bust in the top 10 how do you think we do a better job it seems like in round 3 and 4 at times.​

jujoboys

Reaction score
Many of you have stated for the team to tank so it will be an easy answer for you.

Me? Hell no.
No, I want to see them play hard and do everything possible to win games. Who would want to root for a team and players that are losing on purpose?

Creeper

Reaction score
The answer is no, we learn nothing from tanking this early in the season. Whatever this team is, let them prove it on the field. If they wind up 6-11 and near the bottom of the division, then so be it. However, if they are out of it down the road a bit and clearly not in the running for the division or a wild card spot, I am all for giving some guys more chances. Let Flournoy play. Give Deuce 15 carries. Give Luepke some carries as well. Let the young TEs take a bigger role. Find out if any of these players has a future in the NFL before we head into the offseason.

blueblood70

Reaction score
To the answer the OP. No you don’t tank when your QB is healthy and you just paid him the biggest contract in NFL history.
And you paid your right tackle big money your right guard and extension and big money and CD lamb big money at one time Ezekiel Elliott big money let's stop picking on the quarterback but you're right no tanking is necessary this early in the season it makes no sense and Jerry has never tanked even at the end of seasons like in 2020 or maybe he should have tanked pulled every good player off the field he did not I think they won three games out of the last four or something like that?

This team doesn't tank unless it's organically you're just bad and you don't win a lot of games but Prescott's never had a losing season here so I know in the back of his mind this team's mind they better get to nine wins because it would be the first time ever with Prescott healthy if he makes it through the entire year that they would be below 500...

that's pretty impressive

John813

Reaction score
I don't want the team to lose now. If this stretch goes 0-2 before the bye and then 0-3 afterwards then I wouldn't mind if they continue the downward spiral.

kskboys

Reaction score
If Jimmy doesn't tank, we don't win 3 super bowls. Trading Herschel Walker was tanking.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Many of you have stated for the team to tank so it will be an easy answer for you.

Me? Hell no.

I don’t think the players or coaches should quit or stop trying to win. Nor will they.

The FO just didn’t set them up for success this year though. IMO

Honestly this off season only makes sense if you view it as a “reset” year or “mini rebuild” year or whatever term people want to use.