Do you want the Patriots to win or lose tomorrow?

jbsg02

Reaction score
dallasfan;1834618 said:
I want the pats to be 18-0. How great would it be to beat an unbeatable team

Just like Texas beating USC that year. ESPN was talking about them beating the greatest college team of all time before they played texas

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
i want to face a team in the SB who I have a better chance of beating. Sure we could beat them, but wouldn't it be higher if we played against someone else? Wouldn't it be funny if it was another DAL vs BUF SB? HAHAHAHA. I WOULD LOVE THAT!

Little Jr

Reaction score
Gangsta Spanksta;1834663 said:
Face it, right now the patriots are still the best team. You are decreasing your chances of winning the Superbowl if they show. A loss may be a loss to you, but why want a loss to be more likely? Sure by the time we get there, we might be better than them, but that's a gamble. Also, if they win, it wouldn't just be the loss that hurts, it would be them saying they are the best team ever. I despise that team for being classless, going for it on 4th down with a significant lead.

It just really doenst make since to me. I guess we just look at it different. Obvious you think we have little chance of beating the Pats. What makes you think we can beat the team that beats them. If they do lose it either means a team got real lucky or they werent the best team in football. Which means we'll be facing the team who got lucky and we'll get little credit because we didnt have to face the Pats or we'll be facing the team that beat the Pats the same team you dont think we can beat.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
:D Honestly, I think a lot of you are dreamers and not realists. Not that I don't think the cowboys have a good shot at beating the patriots. But I rather have the more favorable condition happen that increases the likelihood of the main goal. Winning the Super Bowl is more important than being stylish about winning it, especially if style decreases your chances of winning it in the first place.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Little Jr;1834670 said:
It just really doenst make since to me. I guess we just look at it different. Obvious you think we have little chance of beating the Pats. What makes you think we can beat the team that beats them. If they do lose it either means a team got real lucky or they werent the best team in football. Which means we'll be facing the team who got lucky and we'll get little credit because we didnt have to face the Pats or we'll be facing the team that beat the Pats the same team you dont think we can beat.

It makes a whole lot of sense. You're not thinking about how teams match up to each other. The Colts match up better to the Patriots than we do. We match up good against the Colts; Tony Romo has the Manning Bros. Number. Isn't he undefeated against them? Being in the same conference as the Patriots, the colts have been designed to match up to them.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Gangsta Spanksta;1834601 said:
I don't want them to be undefeated. The pat fans already are as classless and egotistical as the pats themselves. :p I couldn't stand it. Quite frankly, I'm hoping it is the colts that go to the superbowl; we match up better to them.

Yeah, I'd rather face Manning and Co. than Brady, Moss and Welker--seriously.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Gangsta Spanksta;1834672 said:
It makes a whole lot of sense. You're not thinking about how teams match up to each other. The Colts match up better to the Patriots than we do. We match up good against the Colts; Tony Romo has the Manning Bros. Number. Isn't he undefeated against them? Being in the same conference as the Patriots, the colts have been designed to match up to them.

I understand match up and I agree with you. I also agree right now we have a better chance of beating the Colts than the Pat. If the Colts go into NE and beat them I'm not so sure I would agree with that. That would be pretty impressive and I would be equally worried as I would about a match up with Pats.

The original question was do I want them to lose tomorrow. My answer to that would be no. I want them undefeated if they go to the SB. If they lose tomorrow and still go to the SB then we're either beating a 1 lost team or losing to a 1 loss team. Doesnt matter much. As far as them losing in the playoffs, yes I would rather them lose in the playoffs and face someone else. I just dont think they will lose in the playoffs. I'm pretty much putting them in the SB so if they go I want them undefeated. I rather knock a undefeated team than a 1 loss team.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Little Jr;1834694 said:
I understand match up and I agree with you. I also agree right now we have a better chance of beating the Colts than the Pat. If the Colts go into NE and beat them I'm not so sure I would agree with that. That would be pretty impressive and I would be equally worried as I would about a match up with Pats.

The original question was do I want them to lose tomorrow. My answer to that would be no. I want them undefeated if they go to the SB. If they lose tomorrow and still go to the SB then we're either beating a 1 lost team or losing to a 1 loss team. Doesnt matter much. As far as them losing in the playoffs, yes I would rather them lose in the playoffs and face someone else. I just dont think they will lose in the playoffs. I'm pretty much putting them in the SB so if they go I want them undefeated. I rather knock a undefeated team than a 1 loss team.

Good points.

I want the Pats to lose so they wont be 16-0 and we have to listen to how great they are for eternity.

When I look at their schedule of Jets, Dolphins, and G-men, I see 3 blowout games. The Ravens game was the one they had to lose and the refs bailed them out, makes me sick to my stomach even now thinking about that.

As far as the SuperBowl, the Colts are the only team that could go into New England and beat the Pats in the playoffs.

My pick......I would much rather play the Colts than the Pats, we just match up better with the Colts.;)

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Interesting debate here.

No doubt we match up better with the Colts. They run a more balance offense. Manning and that passing game is not quite what it was prior to 2006. That O needs to run the ball to operate a maximum effeciency. And with Addai they run very well.

I believe we still defend the run a little better than the pass. We do match up better against a team that intends to run a balanced O.

However those who want the Colts over an Undefeated Patriots team are missing the point. Glory is fleeting. I want this team to achieve the greatest possible glory.

18-0 Pats vs 17-1 Cowboys would give us a Superbowl with the best combined record. This game would have a legit claim to most SUPER bowl.

In addition to that we'd have the opportunity to defeat an undefeated Superbowl participant. It would be the greatest victory in Cowboy history.

Consider this. You may not see it again in your lifetime. How could you pass up the chance?

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I would love to see lowly Jets beating Patsies, but that's just a pipe dream, not gonna happen.

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
I want them to lose but if they do win it would be really funny if the winless dolphins beat the undefeated pats.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
If they go 16-0, then LOSE in the playoffs/SB, that 16-0 won't mean squat.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
dalboy;1834810 said:
I want them to lose but if they do win it would be really funny if the winless dolphins beat the undefeated pats.

Not as funny as if the dolphins would run up the score, go for it on 4th down when they have a 28 pt lead. :)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
snowing here in foxboro - 8 inches already and expected to start turning to sleet and ice.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
:D BTW, I think a Cowboys vs. Colts superbowl would be more entertaining than a Cowboys vs. Patriots one. The colts are fun to watch. The Patriots are not. Brady, Mister Personality, is like a robot out there playing. No emotion or style, no fun. It's all business.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
wonder what the odds are of Mangini having bounties on some of the Pats players, especially if they start trying to run up the score?

karma could be a bitc! for the Patsies at some point

David

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Gangsta Spanksta;1834558 said:
:eek: I'm so conflicted about this! Since, the 49ers won tonight, the pats don't have 2nd pick anymore. If they beat the Jets tomorrow their pick from the 49ers will be even less worthy than now. But at the same time, I don't want them to get a perfect season.. :p Still either way, I feel like I win tomorrow.

How do you feel?

Lose Lose Lose Lose Lose Lose Lose Lose Lose Lose Lose:banghead: