CZ POLL Do you want Tyron Smith on the Cowboys in 2021?

Do you want Tyron Smith on the Cowboys in 2021?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This poll is one of several being created to show current fan opinions about Cowboys players returning for the 2021 season.

You can use whatever qualifiers you want in your posts, but the poll does not care about your qualifiers!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This poll is one of several being created to show current fan opinions about Cowboys players returning for the 2021 season.

You can use whatever qualifiers you want in your posts, but the poll does not care about your qualifiers!
if we would have gotten the 3rd pick, by losing to the bengals, I would have wanted Sewell, but now, that's a far fetched possibility, thus we need tyron back.

Iago33

Reaction score
I’m not sure what the polls without context or qualifiers shows. I want all these players under the right circumstances. The only players I would say I simply do not want are cancers or sub-backup-level players. These are all starter/backup level players.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we could trade him and get out of the cap hit then moving on from him might be a consideration, but I don't see cutting him and living with the cap hit as an option.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
He's still a monster when he can lock up on a defender. Seems to have lost just a little quickness though, so he gets beat by speed moves more than previously. The real problem is reliability though. You just can't depend on him, and he plays a very important position. Guaranteed to miss several games each year. Replacing him would require resources that need to be spent on defense. Tough one.

RamziD

Reaction score
I’m not sure what the polls without context or qualifiers shows. I want all these players under the right circumstances. The only players I would say I simply do not want are cancers or sub-backup-level players. These are all starter/backup level players.
You want Jaylon back? No qualifier needed on that one for me.

starfan1

Reaction score
This one was tough. when healthy still top 10 but the fact that I have to use a qualifier is telling. If we had replacement in place it would be a resounding No but alas Jerry dont

quickccc

Reaction score
Worth Repeatin' ..

-The gut feeling I have with this club and Tyron is they will stretch- squeeze his remaining career (and his contract) out here as much they can, and far as they can, while having your
usual Cam Erving, Brandon Knight reserves battle-ready to go when he's out.

- we'll likely be like the Doug Free or Fredrick situation when they suddenly retire and leave us scrambling for immediate answers.

- Even If we somehow manage to draft Sewell, with Ty and LC here at OTs, we'll likely kick Sewell inside to LG, while we play tunes with what happens with Tyron within the next couple of years.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Tyron is not the same player he was 5 years ago. Time to let the big man retire!

aria

Reaction score
Nope. Unreliable
So you would rather not have him for 3-4 games a year, which is the average he has missed before this year, and have someone else who will most likely not even be half the player he is for all 16?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I mean, what else can we do? We basically gave away Sewell by winning against the Bengals, so we have no choice unless we want to fill his spot with one of the backups (and why would you want to do that after seeing how they played this year?). We have no choice. We’ll need to draft a replacement in 2022 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.