Does any of this matter because I think KC and SF got even better

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
How did SF get better?

They replaced a retiring Joe Staley with Trent Williams, and it cost them picks.

They lost productive vets in Breida, Sanders and Emmanuel Sanders, replacing them with rookies.

That doesn’t make them better in 2020.

Oh, and Super Bowl hangover from that adorable choke job in February.
Was just thinking the same thing, plus they lost the anchor of their defensive line in buckner. Buckner >>>>Kinlaw. I just don't see how they've gotten better.

kumizi

Reaction score
Nothing they could've done in the draft would've made them a top contender.

Yes it still matters greatly because it sets the team up for long term success.

Adreme

Reaction score
I am just sort of happy that the Cowboys play in the NFC and not the AFC. I think SF stayed about the same, they got worse on the DLine, better at WR, and possibly slightly better at LT, and had a decent draft outside of that. I think NO did okay, but are also about the same. Emmanuel Sanders is nice and another good weapon, but does not change the strengths and weaknesses of the team. GB basically wasted their first round pick and while Tampa and Seattle are teams to worry about, I do not think they are legit contenders.

Meanwhile I think KC got better and they were already the SB champs. I think Baltimore basically just spent a ton of capital removing their only weakness in run defense (4 or 5 draft picks or something like that plus FA). The Colts were a great team with weak pass rush and a bad QB and they improved on both counts. The Texans have a top 4 NFL QB right now along with some nice pieces even if their GM is the Jason Garrett of GMs. Tennessee is taking some nice steps to build around a successful season and then you have both Buffalo and Miami as dark horses to watch out for.

So the one benefit is that the path to the Super Bowl is probably easiest to get through the NFC versus the AFC for the foreseeable future which works to the Cowboys benefit.

Flamma

Reaction score
he best team in the league in 1004 was the Dallas Cowboys coming off back to back Super Bowl wins.

Dude, the Cowboys came into the league in 1960. 1004 is over a thousand years ago. I don't think the called it the NFL back then.

Flamma

Reaction score
you just look over at KC and SF and they seems to found way to get even better,

its not fair..

whaaaa!!

just wanted to break the draft party up with realty lol

you do have to lay the games but those 2 SB19 teams seemed destined for a repeat..

Does Las Vegas have odds on this? I'd love to take that bet. That's happened once since Super Bowls started. Hell, there's a 50/50 chance a team that didn't make the playoffs will be in the next super bowl.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

its not fair..

whaaaa!!

you do have to lay the games but those 2 SB19 teams seemed destined for a repeat..
It's common to think the best teams from the season before will be the best teams again, especially if they have a good draft, but that's not how it works. Well, unless it's the Patriots, and that may be nearing an end.

Kwyn

Reaction score

its not fair..

whaaaa!!

News Flash:

The two teams that were in the Super Bowl are still good

32BellyOption

Reaction score

its not fair..

whaaaa!!

Very few teams repeat for a reason....it’s damn near impossible to do. You have to be talented, well coached, be lucky with injuries and get some lucky bounces. It’s hard to get all that to line up in back to back years . I’d be surprised if either of those two teams made it back to the SB. If I had to pick now I’d say Baltimore vs New Orleans and yes the Cowboys will win their division and win a playoff game.

Bigdog

Reaction score
As I told a friend of mine who is a Niners fan when you have picks in the top 5 or top 10 in the past 10 years, you better be good because you are getting premier player most for the time.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Last time I checked Jimmy G is still the QB in San Francisco so they are still limited offensively.
It all depends on the qb. If Dak takes a step forward this year and cracks the top 10, we can compete for the superbowl.
He has a master route runner who can get deep. He how has a tall athletic wr who can catch bad passes. He has a good all around receiver in gallup as his no.3. He has a athletic t e . Plus he has the best rb in zeke. There's no reason for him to not be in the championship game this year. If he can't do it this year, he's not the long term answer.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does any of this matter because I think KC and SF got even better
tumblr_n7edilpQoX1tr6yqoo1_500.gif

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dallas' big acquisition was Mike McCarthy. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how that works out. KC and SF stayed pat on the coaching front.

At one point, I was worried that as far as player talent, a draft and free agency would, at best, make up for the losses of players in free agency and retirement. That Lamb pick up could be a game changer. I think its entirely possible Dallas gets a critical mass of offensive talent that teams struggle to defend which will have a bunch of positive knock on effects.

I'm now pretty excited for next year. Is Dallas going to win a super bowl? Probably not but I think they have a chance and are going to be fun to watch.

Big_D

Reaction score
It’s the long term plan of being able to hang with such teams and a nice start!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Pretty sure Jimmy G is still the QB in San Fran.

Bingo!!!!!!!! In fact, it would not surprise me at all if 49ers struggle just to make the playoffs. Shanahan WILL NOT be able to hide his QB as he did during the playoffs.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Barring injuries there’s no reason why we can’t hang 40 Burgers going fwd. unless MM turns out to be worse than Garrett which doesn’t appear to be the case...