Does anyone else love our demise?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m actually enjoying all of this.

Myself and others warned for years about these dumb deals we were doing now have a look at your idiotic front office and how they’re managing the roster / cap / free agency.

They keep paying premiums for mediocre guys and they wonder why they’re average.

We are probably 3 years away before we can even think about competing but that hoping Dak doesn’t become completely terrible which is very possible within a 2 year span.

Narcissism, is a hell of a drug.

75boyz

Reaction score
Naw, I'll repeat a previous post of mine.

To me it's just more continuation of the same.

In statistics it's reversion to the mean.
Computer wise, it's re boot to factory settings.

They'll flirt with 9 games next year just as their 224-206 record says who they are in their last 430 games over the last 26 years.

A 52% type winning team that does just enough to keep you interested.

But never a threat as a true contender.

These are your Average Cowboys.

Last edited:

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not, because even with all their warts - I'm still a huge fan of this team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Myself and others warned for years about these dumb deals we were doing now have a look at your idiotic front office and how they’re managing the roster / cap / free agency.

They keep paying premiums for mediocre guys and they wonder why they’re average.

Laughing at the circus is what keeps me following this team. It's all we have left until the operation changes. I've given up on championships.

5hC.gif

DFWJC

Reaction score

We are probably 3 years away before we can even think about competing but that hoping Dak doesn’t become completely terrible which is very possible within a 2 year span.
To be fair, how do you know this is a demise?

From last year, a demise would be not making the playoffs.
Is that your expectation before FA and the draft are even over?

Gaede

Reaction score
I love that Jerry and Stephen think they have some masterplan to long lasting success, when in reality they're flying by the seat of their pants. Seeing these two fail IS entertaining, but we can only hope they luck into making the right moves, like drafting Parsons, or Martin, or Dak.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Their plan is to blow this thing up in the upcoming years, build a decent D as the foundation and get a young HC, and allow him to draft his own QB.

Right now Dak is 50m$ in dead money if you cut/trade him before his last year on that deal, and AFTER the deal ends, he’s still a 20m$ dead money cap hit you can’t avoid because of how many times you’ve already restructured him.

That contract is designed to require he’s extended before the 2024 season so you can spread those out further and he doesn’t destroy your cap. He’s going to be Dallas’s QB for a long time (unless he robs a bank or pulls an Andrew Luck)

phildadon86

Reaction score
Right now Dak is 50m$ in dead money if you cut/trade him before his last year on that deal, and AFTER the deal ends, he’s still a 20m$ dead money cap hit you can’t avoid because of how many times you’ve already restructured him.

That contract is designed to require he’s extended before the 2024 season so you can spread those out further and he doesn’t destroy your cap. He’s going to be Dallas’s QB for a long time (unless he robs a bank or pulls an Andrew Luck)
? What does this have to do with what I said about Gregory?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not enjoying the demise at all, but I am enjoying how butt hurt the ones that are wrong every step of the way are taking it.

They believe in these bum players and this FO so much that they have chosen to forego their own credibility to defend them.
Just as pathetic dude. You're literally happy others are miserable.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
No, I don’t love it, I’m just getting too used to it. I’ve always been a diehard Cowboys fan but sometimes mildly cheered on secondary teams (Steelers since fam was from Penn). I’m actually spending more time following a couple teams, Chargers and Bengals (I was intrigued with them as rookies, so low key cheered them from afar). Look what the Chargers have done, they actually TRY to get better, and the Bengals made moves fast to fix their line. I’m starting to think the Cowboys will never win another SB, not with this front office and with this overpaid and situationally flustered and inaccurate QB….getting too used to failure with this team. It’s like I KNOW the Cowboys will disappoint, so although I hope for the best, I get a little joy from watching another team or players doing good NEVER when it’s against Dallas though).

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I actually think it's not going too bad. Fix the OL with upgrades at C & LG (still worried about RT) and you'll see the offence improve from last year.

Defense has the potential to be better.

So far they've gone backwards at 2 of the 3 spots. But there is always the draft.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

We have $28 million in cap space, so they are managing the cap just fine. They lost Gregory but were willing to pay him a market value contract. They traded Cooper because they were never going to pay both him and Gallup. They let Wilson go because his market value was more than they wanted to pay. They are considering cutting Collins or trading him because they believe Steele can start at right tackle for much cheaper.

They restructured the contracts of players they consider long-termers and extended the contract (for less) of a player who wasn't living up to his pay.

If they wanted to right now they could add pretty much any free agent(s) out there, but they won't do that. That's why they are average, not the deals they have made to keep their better players.

manster4ever

Reaction score

I wouldn't feel that way IF I didn't dislike the Jones family so much. They've failed upward for years with this franchise and now Gregory and his Agent just took a big dump on them in public. Doesn't happen too often but they kinda deserved it from all reports thus far. Hey, it's like I said in another thread. Some of the best deals are the ones you don't end up making. Could be the case here; time will tell.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Naw, I'll repeat a previous post of mine.

To me it's just more continuation of the same.

In statistics it's reversion to the mean.
Computer wise, it's re boot to factory settings.

They'll flirt with 9 games next year just as their 224-206 record says who they are in their last 430 games over the last 26 years.

A 52% type winning team that does just enough to keep you interested.

But never a threat as a true contender.

These are your Average Cowboys.

.....Jebus, bet your fun at parties. In this case, you just happen to be right though.

cowboyec

Reaction score
lamenting the loss of guys you called mediocre.
how is that hastening our demise if we let go of mediocre players.

wish to hell some of you will make up your minds.
were they mediocre over-rated mentally soft players we will never win with.
or.
mediocre over-rated mentally soft players we never won with but the idiots in the f/o screwed this up because we need them to not contend.