does anyone else want marion barber to cut his hair?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;1597651 said:
Nope ..... the kid should be allowed to keep his hair however he wants it.
6a00c2252704628e1d00d4142a58303c7f-200pi

Kaiser Soze. Cool.

juck

Reaction score
NO WAY!!!! i love the dreads.Dreads give him power and quite honestly more cushioning on his head.lol.Now if Dirk Nowitzki will just leave his doo grow.lol.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I couldn't care less how he wears his hair, but I wish the league would have stopped it before it got to this point with all of the Palamalu's, etc.

They should have to have it tied up inside their helmet during the game. It looks ridiculous.

It should be part of the uniform dress code - "Hair can't cover the name on the jersey."

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WV Cowboy;1598271 said:
I couldn't care less how he wears his hair, but I wish the league would have stopped it before it got to this point with all of the Palamalu's, etc.

They should have to have it tied up inside their helmet during the game. It looks ridiculous.

It should be part of the uniform dress code - "Hair can't cover the name on the jersey."

Of course that would affect Bobby Carpenter too. A hairdo is a form of self-expression. I don't see how it matters whether it's long or not.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1598277 said:
Of course that would affect Bobby Carpenter too. A hairdo is a form of self-expression. I don't see how it matters whether it's long or not.

Evidently it doesn't matter, ... it just looks ridiculous to all of us that are old-fashioned and have been watching football for a long time.

When it covers the jersey, to me it is detracting from the uniformity of what a "uniform" is supposed to be, ... uniform.

Each player should look the same except for his number, thats why they call it a uniform.

There is no place for individual expression when it comes to the uniform, or it wouldn't be uniform.

Thats why they can't wear different socks, leave their shirt-tails out, etc.

Everything is suppossed to be uniform, I like it that way, but I know I'm old-fashioned.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Better question is...should McQuistan be forced to grow his hair back out? That is one ugly arse hombre with that mop he had during training camp last year. I can't imagine a DE wanting to get anywhere near that guy when he looks like that.

LD Fan

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1598271 said:

It doesn't do anything for me either way but if you saw Palamalu being tackled from behind last year it does make you wonder why anyone would want it that long. Someone chasing him down the sideline grabbed a handful, snapped his head backward and "stopped his forward progress". Doesn't seem worth the trouble to me.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1598292 said:
Evidently it doesn't matter, ... it just looks ridiculous to all of us that are old-fashioned and have been watching football for a long time.

When it covers the jersey, to me it is detracting from the uniformity of what a "uniform" is supposed to be, ... uniform.

Each player should look the same except for his number, thats why they call it a uniform.

There is no place for individual expression when it comes to the uniform, or it wouldn't be uniform.

Everything is suppossed to be uniform, I like it that way, but I know I'm old-fashioned.

You know... I always prided myself on being the best of both worlds... some old fashioned values mixed with the modern day values.... so I can definitely understand where you are coming from and AGREE.... but I let my bias get in the way on this one.... so he can do what he wants

When it comes to uniforms... totally agree though... especially police, etc....

I see some cops here in nyc and just shake my head.... times are changing....

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WV Cowboy;1598292 said:

I understand the old-fashioned concept, but didn't the long-hair and big afros phenomenon start in the '60s?

I understand style preference, but long hair in football is not a new thing.

LD Fan

Reaction score
tomson75;1598300 said:
Better question is...should McQuistan be forced to grow his hair back out? That is one ugly arse hombre with that mop he had during training camp last year. I can't imagine a DE wanting to get anywhere near that guy when he looks like that.

Good point. And in the ugly department, Kyle Kosier can play with the best of them.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1598305 said:
I understand the old-fashioned concept, but didn't the long-hair and big afros phenomenon start in the '60s?

I understand style preference, but long hair in football is not a new thing.
Long hair in football is not a new thing, but hair as long as Palamalu's is.

Even guys that were considered to have long hair in the 70's, or even afros, didn't have their hair much below the back of their helmets, .. and never down over their names and covering part of their numbers like some do now.

Looks girly to us old-timers :D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
One example I would to mention as far as uniform and dress code in sports is.... the Yankees.

When Steinbrenner purchased the team in the 70's. He wanted all his players to have a clean cut look. No beards, the mustaches had to be neat and groomed(not below the crease between upper and lower lip). His reason: He wanted the Yankees to be a force, like a real company. He wanted to run the Yankee like a corporation... like the players were executives. Its all about image.

I believe in your right to do what you want... but if you are fortunate enough to play and make all that money... the boss/image has the final say. Its all about structure, guidelines etc..

LD Fan

Reaction score
YoMick;1598314 said:
One example I would to mention as far as uniform and dress code in sports is.... the Yankees.

When Steinbrenner purchased the team in the 70's. He wanted all his players to have a clean cut look. No beards, the mustaches had to be neat and groomed(not below the crease between upper and lower lip). His reason: He wanted the Yankees to be a force, like a real company. He wanted to run the Yankee like a corporation... like the players were executives. Its all about image.

I believe in your right to do what you want... but if you are fortunate enough to play and make all that money... the boss/image has the final say. Its all about structure, guidelines etc..

Here we go........

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
YoMick;1598314 said:

Good point, which backs up my point, .. the NFL could do something about it if they so desired.

MadCow

Reaction score
LD Fan;1598308 said:
Good point. And in the ugly department, Kyle Kosier can play with the best of them.

:lmao2:

As far as MBIII, I don't believe his hair is a cause for injury and shouldn't be a concern of anybody beyond himself.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
superpunk;1598316 said:
:lmao2: Old people are adorable.

I wish I could say something remotely similar and as flattering about young punks, but I can't find the words right now. :laugh2:

Don't get too caught up in your youth my friend, you won't always have it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1598323 said:
Good point, which backs up my point, .. the NFL could do something about it if they so desired.

Again... somewhat agreed here... but it will get to a point where Goodell will be trying to do too much too soon.... players will fight it.... I think maybe he could do it a quiet indirect way....

No hair long enough to cover your name on jersey works for me....

superpunk

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1598331 said:
I wish I could say something remotely similar and as flattering about young punks, but I can't find the words right now. :laugh2:

Don't get too caught up in your youth my friend, you won't always have it.
You're only as old as you think you are.

The way I see it, as your body ages - you can either attempt to understand the changing world and problems of the younger generation, or you can resent their youth and complain about them while waxing poetic about how things were back in the day. I've had some great friends who were senior citizens growing up. The difference between them and my grandfather (who I can't stand talking to)?

They didn't spend their entire time with me talking about how awful young people are.