Does anyone listen to the PCs anymore?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Just wondering, since we used to have PC threads with lots of comments, and we never do anymore...

Anyway, today was a good one, I thought. Lots of good, meaty football talk. Wade talked about how he fits so many players into all his sub packages and how he tries to use everyone that can play. Talked about this division versus other good ones he's been in like the old AFC East when the Fins, Pats, and Parcells Jets were all good.

I don't know if the big Green Bay win made a difference or what, but you could almost feel the reporters treating him with more respect. You know how the DFW media is... For a while there, they almost acted like the whole thing was a joke with the way they asked him questions. Maybe it's just that JFE has been gone for a while. ;)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PC threads seemingly died when Parcells left the building. Wade isn't as charismatic as Parcells, so no one is all that interested in what he has to say.

Wade rarely gets caught up in the back and forth with media members as Parcells used to. He's more of straight arrow football guy, which makes for boring exchanges. It sucks for those who don't listen to the PCs and look forward to the recaps.

bootyhunta

Reaction score
I always listened to them when Bill was here, but I don't now and won't until Wade starts delivering gems like:

"Consider yourself sucked..."

I'll just get the information from the writers who are at the p.c.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theogt;2283967 said:
I don't have time to recap them anymore, sorry.
Oh, I wasn't expecting you or anyone to... It is quite a bit of work. And there's probably less of a need to now that they're all on the website right away. It just seems like no one ever mentions them anymore.

And WG, you're right, Wade's are more boring and some days he seems like he's purposely obtuse... But some days they're pretty interesting, too. At least IMO.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2283979 said:
Oh, I wasn't expecting you or anyone to... It is quite a bit of work. And there's probably less of a need to now that they're all on the website right away. It just seems like no one ever mentions them anymore.

And WG, you're right, Wade's are more boring and some days he seems like he's purposely obtuse... But some days they're pretty interesting, too. At least IMO.

I am expecting you to - NOW!

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2283979 said:
Wade's are more boring and some days he seems like he's purposely obtuse...

Aghhh ohhhh.... NOW you're in trouble!!

shawshank.jpg

:muttley:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I listen to them most of the time. Not daily, like with Bill, but I listen to at least a couple a week. I find Wade to be funny in a different way than Bill though so I'm not one of those who gets bored during on of his PCs.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
I almost always listen to them.

But all Wade does is lie, I'm told. He even has convinced the players to lie, too.

So, really, there's no point in anyone posting Wade's lies, is there?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2283966 said:
PC threads seemingly died when Parcells left the building. Wade isn't as charismatic as Parcells, so no one is all that interested in what he has to say.

Wade rarely gets caught up in the back and forth with media members as Parcells used to. He's more of straight arrow football guy, which makes for boring exchanges. It sucks for those who don't listen to the PCs and look forward to the recaps.

They also are not nearly as long as BP's. And never seem to be at the same time, as you know BP's was a certain time most days. And the ticket would announce it. It seems they don't with Wade. Or else I'm missing a lot of information.

Joe71

Reaction score
If I don't catch it on the Ticket or 103.3 when they hold the pc's live usually in the 3 o'clock hour I'll just listen to it on dc.com.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Its hard because we went from one of the greatest Press Conference coaches ever to one that just doesn't like to give a lot of insight.

Parcells would let you know if something was bad. He'd always give his true opinions.

That being said just about any coach on our staff could get up there and talk about the Cowboys and i'd be entertained.

I also listen to Wade every day on my itouch at work.

I miss Parcells though. That guy has so much football knowledge.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
I used to learn things at Parcell's press conferences. I enjoyed them.

I love Wade but his just suck to listen to and he uses so much coach speak that you really didn't get anymore information about anything. They seem pretty useless.