Does anyone on here actually expect anything out of Aldon Smith?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’ve seen some on the board say that Smith has turned his life around but I read somewhere where he’s only been sober for 9 months. If Smith is reinstated by the time he hits the field it will almost be 5 years since he played his last game. He’s about as long as shot as it gets.

Londonboy

Reaction score
0010.gif

It is what it is.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I expect All-Pro. Head on straight now and hungry for money. And quite rested.
I expect 12 sacks if he can stay healthy for the year.
Ninja with the glass half full,, well done soldier.

stiletto

Reaction score
Jerry's eventually going to hit on one of these reclamation projects. Not sure if this is the one but it would be nice if so. Smith was a beast at one point.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I keep seeing articles how he has not played since 2015. Ok,, that might be true but he has not been productive since 2012 or 2013. That is 7 or 8 years ago. Most players do not even have a 7 or 8 year career. Thinking this guy is going to help out is insane. This isn't anything more than wishful thinking.

On-top of all this, I keep reading about him turning his life around. I'm lost. His last arrest was less than a year ago. How anyone with his track record, you could consider a turned around life in less than a year is just laughable. Show me 2,3 or 4 years of being a straight then we can talk about his life being turned around. My guess he is still on probation. The state hasn't probably cleared him yet.

With all this said I do not have any issues with Dallas signing him and seeing if there is anything there.

I'm just talking about all the hype I see from people posting stuff on here that he is going to be a productive player. I have more faith in Gregory and I do not have a lot of faith in him also.

Its more like between Gregory and Aldon one of those guys should be a good DE. And the two together with Crawford should more than get the job done.

If you read about Aldon then you would know how good of a place he is in. ACtually teaching classes to vets about drinking.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Yes.
I do expect something out of him.
This obviously bother you for some reason. Oh no...a guy you don't know on the internet may think something different than you think. Hurry up and fight with me over it.

who is fighting?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Do I expect something? For sure, I will take an Aldon Smith that is only 60% of himself any day than any player on our DL. Guy is a athletic freak. This is going to prove what a steal this really was. The only thing I hate that it wasn’t a longer deal.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don't know what to expect, but I do know he's worth a try.

This guy was once one of the most feared edge rushers in football, and he's still just 30 years old. Every penny of his contract is incentive based. If the Cowboys hit on him this is a steal. If they don't, he's gone at virtually nothing cap-wise.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I keep seeing articles how he has not played since 2015. Ok,, that might be true but he has not been productive since 2012 or 2013. That is 7 or 8 years ago. Most players do not even have a 7 or 8 year career. Thinking this guy is going to help out is insane. This isn't anything more than wishful thinking.

On-top of all this, I keep reading about him turning his life around. I'm lost. His last arrest was less than a year ago. How anyone with his track record, you could consider a turned around life in less than a year is just laughable. Show me 2,3 or 4 years of being a straight then we can talk about his life being turned around. My guess he is still on probation. The state hasn't probably cleared him yet.

With all this said I do not have any issues with Dallas signing him and seeing if there is anything there.

I'm just talking about all the hype I see from people posting stuff on here that he is going to be a productive player. I have more faith in Gregory and I do not have a lot of faith in him also.
I think he will have an impact and I think someone can turn their life around in less than a year.

Big_D

Reaction score
I definitely expect something. A solid DE with more sacks than Lawrence had last year.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yes I do. Why? Because he's on a one year chump change deal. I think God has abandoned his favorite team due to the new roof. Smith will end up playing like a beast and we won't be able to keep him.

johneric8

Reaction score
Expectations are a double edged sword and shouldn't be applied to every thing in human nature the same way. Do I expect my son to perform well in school considering that he always has? Of course I do! But to even entertain "expectations" as you put it on a troubled football player getting a second chance isn't the proper course of action. Now, if we have hope for him, this would be the appropriate action.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
right now I just expect him to come in work hard and do what is asked of him by this coaching staff. If he still has it, it will show and if he doesn't it too will show.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Expectations are a double edged sword and shouldn't be applied to every thing in human nature the same way. Do I expect my son to perform well in school considering that he always has? Of course I do! But to even entertain "expectations" as you put it on a troubled football player getting a second chance isn't the proper course of action. Now, if we have hope for him, this would be the appropriate action.

Anyone who has expectations for a player who has yet to be reinstated and hasn’t played football in 4 1/2 years is going to be in for a big letdown. The guy has only been sober for 9 months and some are acting like his problems are far behind him.

reddyuta

Reaction score
expect nothing from Smith, and Gregory, they need to be reinstated first.