Does anyone seriously think Jerry is a Football Guy

RonWashington

Reaction score
Howie Roseman Philly John Lynch SF Joe Schoen Giants Joe Douglas Jets these are guys who run football teams , scouting depts and yes you get results or you’re canned simple .

Jerry is the “ face “ of the Cowboys he goes to the senior bowl with cap & whistle it’s cute sure that’s it . Let’s not kid anyone who thinks differently , Jerry is the PR version . Has the radio show which I wouldn’t spend 2 mins listening to . McClay and the nuts & bolts make suggestions Jerry signs off makes the draft night phone call .

Want a “ football guy “ I give you Brad Holmes took over pure garbage from the previous regime , went out hired Dan Campbell drafted the likes of Sewell Hutchinson to control the lines , now the Lions are challenging SF and Lynch for NFC kingdom .

Last edited:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Brett Veach . Who ? The GM of the Chiefs that’s who . They’ve won a few SB rings lately . Tyreek Hill too expensive ? No problem trade him to Miami shuffle the deck . With each passing SB parade a new set of RB’s retooled OL . The “football guy” behind the glory .

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Howie Roseman Philly John Lynch SF Joe Schoen Giants Joe Douglas Jets these are guys who run football teams , scouting depts and yes you get results or you’re canned simple .

Jerry is the “ face “ of the Cowboys he goes to the senior bowl with cap & whistle it’s cute sure that’s it . Let’s not kid anyone who thinks differently , Jerry is the PR version . Has the radio show which I wouldn’t spend 2 mins listening to . McClay and the nuts & bolts make suggestions Jerry signs off makes the draft night phone call .

Want a “ football guy “ I give you Brad Holmes took over pure garbage from the previous regime , went out hired Dan Campbell drafted the likes of Sewell Hutchinson to control the lines , now the Lions are challenging SF and Lynch for NFC kingdom .
Long pause.............
Brett Veach . Who ? The GM of the Chiefs that’s who . They’ve won a few SB rings lately . Tyreek Hill too expensive ? No problem trade him to Miami shuffle the deck . With each passing SB parade a new set of RB’s retooled OL . The “football guy” behind the glory .

Excuse me for the long pause but.................. Hell no!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Not sure of what your definition of a “Football Guy” is, but Jerry was co-captain of Arkansas 1964 National Championship game as an offensive lineman. Throughout his time in the NFL he’s learned from so many of the greats that he’s certainly learned even more. So IMO, he’s a football guy more than most here. His only problem is he’s convinced his way is the right way.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Not sure of what your definition of a “Football Guy” is, but Jerry was co-captain of Arkansas 1964 National Championship game as an offensive lineman. Throughout his time in the NFL he’s learned from so many of the greats that he’s certainly learned even more. So IMO, he’s a football guy more than most here. His only problem is he’s convinced his way is the right way.
I agree with this only in the sense that at this point how can he not be.

The question should be how good of a football man is Jerry.

Retro88

Reaction score
This isn't exactly fair, lol. Switch Dak & Mahommes and see which one is the "Football Guy". We'd be going for 3 in a row too

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Jerry's a football guy in the classic American sense. Loves the sport, is passionate about it. Etc.

In that sense there are 10s of millions of football guys in this country

In the sense you are asking (is Jerry Jones wisdom in personnel and administrative matters at the level needed to be a top tier GM at the highest level) then the answer is a resounding NO.

If Jerry didn't work for himself as GM and owner, he would have been fired in the early 2000s. That simple.

Ironicalicon

Reaction score
I've watched a few episodes of 'Hard Knocks: the Giants off-season' and for all his faults, Mara pretty much just says, "Alright". I like that kind of owner.

Jerry is a football guy. Played in college, has always loved the game, and I do respect him but his ego gets in the way. He's not as smart as he thinks he is, basically.

RonWashington

Reaction score

I give you Jimmy Johnson & Bob Ackles the cap guru at the time …now with the Jerry your “ football guy “ three decades of dry oil wells .

:facepalm:

Retro88

Reaction score
No Dallas would not. Mahommes career would have been crushed under the ineptitude of J.G. and J.J.

He was blessed not to come into a dysfunctional cesspool of a front office in Dallas.
What, lmao? Dak must be the goat then if he could survive it and become a top 5-8 QB & Pat couldnt

lukemartin79

Reaction score

He was a super rich guy that bought a football team. That doesn't necessarily make you a football guy. It just means he had enough $ to buy a football team.
Was Ted Turner a baseball guy? No, he was just a super rich guy that bought a baseball team.

RonWashington

Reaction score
This isn't exactly fair, lol. Switch Dak & Mahommes and see which one is the "Football Guy". We'd be going for 3 in a row too

Who made the decision to draft Mahomes ? Tell you what KC Veatch & Reid don’t go on 9 yrs without getting near a SB and stick with the QB and on the verge of the biggest contract no less .

RS12

Reaction score

Does anyone seriously think Jerry is a Football Guy​

Maybe a few highly paid people on the payroll try and fake it. Actual belief.........probably not.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Jerry is a liquor kind of guy

Yobwocs

Reaction score
LMAO in your dreams maybe. Nobody has been able to overcome this woeful organization for 30 years.... since the team no longer became Jimmy's team nobody has won more than 1 playoff game in a year.

Whoever wins a Super Bowl in this organization as it stands now has won the equivalent of 3 Super Bowls.