Does anyone seriously think Jerry is a Football Guy

RonWashington

Reaction score
He was a super rich guy that bought a football team. That doesn't necessarily make you a football guy. It just means he had enough $ to buy a football team.
Was Ted Turner a baseball guy? No, he was just a super rich guy that bought a baseball team.

Then why the title GM ? Why not get a GM to run day to day operations and Jerry can do AT&T Corp deals ( non football )

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He was a super rich guy that bought a football team. That doesn't necessarily make you a football guy. It just means he had enough $ to buy a football team.
Was Ted Turner a baseball guy? No, he was just a super rich guy that bought a baseball team.
hmm..... did he play on a national championship team? What exactly makes someone a "Football guy," so we can start figuring it out.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
LMAO in your dreams maybe. Nobody has been able to overcome this woeful organization for 30 years.... since the team no longer became Jimmy's team nobody has won more than 1 playoff game in a year.

Whoever wins a Super Bowl in this organization as it stands now has won the equivalent of 3 Super Bowls.
When has Dallas had a talent the level of Mahomes on the roster in the past 30 years? They haven't.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Listen, I might go to hell for how I feel about Jerry Jones but the solace I take is that the maniacal desire to get credit for things he's not capable of has completely destroyed any semblance of credibility he could have ever had as a GM. We all know he's a joke. Nobody takes him seriously. He will die without that credit he so desperately seeked.

Which brings me to his funeral and I have to stop here so I still have an account tomorrow.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Oh awesome..... another thread about Jerry sucking. Cant wait to dive in......
This is a great thread. He is obviously making the point of other top teams having real football guys as GM's while we have a rich guy owner playing GM. Its been the core of everything wrong with the Cowboys since Jimmy left. Its why its been so long since the 'Boys were in a Super Bowl.
Jerry sucking as GM threads should be half the threads on here - what been more of a problem for the Cowboys for the last 20 plus years than that.

rags747

Reaction score
Howie Roseman Philly John Lynch SF Joe Schoen Giants Joe Douglas Jets these are guys who run football teams , scouting depts and yes you get results or you’re canned simple .

Jerry is the “ face “ of the Cowboys he goes to the senior bowl with cap & whistle it’s cute sure that’s it . Let’s not kid anyone who thinks differently , Jerry is the PR version . Has the radio show which I wouldn’t spend 2 mins listening to . McClay and the nuts & bolts make suggestions Jerry signs off makes the draft night phone call .

Want a “ football guy “ I give you Brad Holmes took over pure garbage from the previous regime , went out hired Dan Campbell drafted the likes of Sewell Hutchinson to control the lines , now the Lions are challenging SF and Lynch for NFC kingdom .
Roseman gave up a haul for Wentz, Schoen signed Jones for $40m per year, Lynch signed Lance for 5 #1 draft picks. Who else u got?

ArtClink

Reaction score
Howie Roseman Philly John Lynch SF Joe Schoen Giants Joe Douglas Jets these are guys who run football teams , scouting depts and yes you get results or you’re canned simple .

Jerry is the “ face “ of the Cowboys he goes to the senior bowl with cap & whistle it’s cute sure that’s it . Let’s not kid anyone who thinks differently , Jerry is the PR version . Has the radio show which I wouldn’t spend 2 mins listening to . McClay and the nuts & bolts make suggestions Jerry signs off makes the draft night phone call .

Want a “ football guy “ I give you Brad Holmes took over pure garbage from the previous regime , went out hired Dan Campbell drafted the likes of Sewell Hutchinson to control the lines , now the Lions are challenging SF and Lynch for NFC kingdom .
There’s almost 30 years of evidence of Jerry’s hand steering our Cowboys. I think his post season record speaks for itself.

XXLMike

Reaction score
Jerry was an all American offensive Lineman - He’s more of a football guy than 99.9% of the ham and Eggers who post here.
He also won a national title in 1964 as a football player.

Do I think he’s a good GM I think he’s he’s good for us? Absolutely not.

Is he a football guy? More than 99.9% of the United States population

rambo2

Reaction score

Jerry has what 45 years experience in football?

Plankton

Reaction score
Jerry was an all American offensive Lineman - He’s more of a football guy than 99.9% of the ham and Eggers who post here.
He also won a national title in 1964 as a football player.

Do I think he’s a good GM I think he’s he’s good for us? Absolutely not.

Is he a football guy? More than 99.9% of the United States population
Jerry Jones was not an All-American offensive lineman.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Head first. Don't be scared, just do it.
Seriously, some of these fans.

"So tired of the Dak sucks threads. Everybody knows it's the dysfunctional organization that's the issue and no player should be blamed for that"

But then,

"Why all the threads about Jerry being a terrible GM"

:laugh::facepalm: