Does anyone think Julius is wearing silver and blue next year?

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Marion Barber is a complete beast running downhill... He even started last year and played well against the Seahawks and Cardinals. Deion was giving lots of props to the dreaded Barber.

Julius just doesn't ever seem to get a break... He absolutely never gets past the last line of defense. Sheesh is it the OL, playcalling? What? Last week's long TD was lucky... Fridge Perry could have scored through that hole that Jones scored his 77 yard TD on.

What gives with JJo's lack of running?

Merge into the JJo Barber thread I'm seeing now mods?
:eek::

Hoofbite

Reaction score
He'll be back.....hopefully in a lesser role but I think he comes back.

Zman5

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1238053 said:
He'll be back.....hopefully in a lesser role but I think he comes back.

I think maybe he should lose some weight and become the speed back he was in his rookie year and let MB3 be the power back.

Kevlee06

Reaction score
I'm suggesting drafting someone in the first round. Move up to grab Adrian Peterson.

CantonBound08

Reaction score
Kevlee06;1238136 said:
I'm suggesting drafting someone in the first round. Move up to grab Adrian Peterson.
I hope we have no shot at Adrian Peterson. Not because I don't like him, but because I think he will go high in the draft. He does run rather high, and that might lend itself to injury...but he does run hard.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
aardvark;1237998 said:
Fridge Perry could have scored through that hole that Jones scored his 77 yard TD on.

You should watch the replay again. The hole Jones was supposed to run through was closing from the start. He bounced left, saw a small gap, then exploded back up the middle through several defenders.

Say what you want about Julius, but there aren't many backs who would have scored on that play.

And yes, he will come back and again be splitting time with Barber.

Iago33

Reaction score
Adam,
I respect your opinion. Did Julius have that bad a game today or was the blocking weak?

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
aardvark;1237998 said:
Marion Barber is a complete beast running downhill... He even started last year and played well against the Seahawks and Cardinals. Deion was giving lots of props to the dreaded Barber.

Julius just doesn't ever seem to get a break... He absolutely never gets past the last line of defense. Sheesh is it the OL, playcalling? What? Last week's long TD was lucky... Fridge Perry could have scored through that hole that Jones scored his 77 yard TD on.

What gives with JJo's lack of running?

Merge into the JJo Barber thread I'm seeing now mods?
:eek::

Nice.

goshan

Reaction score
If we are in a position to draft a good speed RB, he will be gone.

I don't understand why some are so defensive -- saying that because some want better than JJ, we are not focusing on the 'team'. 'If it ain't broken, don't fix it' is the mantra.

Its simple. We can do better for our speed, quick back. It is the team's management and coaches responsibility to identify those areas that need improvement and to do something about it.

Was the RCVR core broken last year? Maybe not. But it was upgradeable. Just like the RB core is upgradeable. JJ is a weak link in my opinion and it is a medium-level priority that we get someone better.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Iago33;1238212 said:
Adam,
I respect your opinion. Did Julius have that bad a game today or was the blocking weak?

I haven't been able to see the game yet. The area where I live (near Seattle) has had a power outage since Thursday night, so even though I have Tivo, DirecTV, Sunday Ticket and NFL Network, I couldn't watch or record the game. I probably won't get to see the game for a few more days.

dwmyers

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1238214 said:
Apparently, some fans are more concerned about individuals than the team.

What I find frustrating is that the defense is fresh initially, so JJ's job is the harder of the two. Barber comes in when defenses are worn and gets to look the hero.

I don't think any of the "MB3 is God" types factor that in at all.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;1238277 said:
I haven't been able to see the game yet. The area where I live (near Seattle) has had a power outage since Thursday night, so even though I have Tivo, DirecTV, Sunday Ticket and NFL Network, I couldn't watch or record the game. I probably won't get to see the game for a few more days.
You will see the same thing everyone else saw. JJ getting hit at the LOS on almost every run. Damn frustrating. 13 for 26 is very :banghead:

TheHustler

Reaction score
At this point we have 1600+ yards and 16 TDs between our two guys. We should finish the season with about 1900-2000 rushing yards and 20 TDs.

I don't think JJ is going anywhere.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
Move JJ to the change of pace, and it will be fine.

And someone needs to un-coach him about putting his head down everytime he nears the line. It's fine, but there's a time and a place for it.

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
Don't forget Tyson Thompson. The Cowboys will continue to create competition at RB. When Julius becomes a FA, he will probably get more money to play somewhere else.

I'd like to see MBIII as the 1st and 2nd down guy, and get somebody who can run and catch for 3rd downs.

That's not to say anything is broke, or that I'm not thrilled with both of these guys this year. But I think Barber is harder to replace than Julius.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1238158 said:
You should watch the replay again. The hole Jones was supposed to run through was closing from the start. He bounced left, saw a small gap, then exploded back up the middle through several defenders.

Say what you want about Julius, but there aren't many backs who would have scored on that play.

And yes, he will come back and again be splitting time with Barber.

Is there a link to the run Adam? I swore that the left side split open big time on that one... I do remember him being way too fast at the second level for anyone beyond that to grab him if they weren't ready to.