Does anyone think Trevor Lawrence is over hyped?

Praxit

Reaction score
...nah, Prime-time defense was on sideline playing with their phones. Trevor would have looked bad, hadn't he done that Vs 3rd stringers. The guys couldnt even tackle.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Well... does anyone think Trevor Lawrence is over hyped? I know he was playing our scrubs but he does look the part as advertised and made it look very easy.
All depends who he's playing against. If it's the Boys, he's all world, against the rest of the NFL, hell yes he's overrated! Why is it teams and players have career years against the Boys???????????????

Zman5

Reaction score
He has better hair than our QB. I'm sure he'll be doing a commercial with Troy Polamalu for Head and Shoulders soon.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of course you do

yep cause I don’t use over emotion like you. A rookie unproven qb can bust no matter how highly touted they are (Ryan leaf) meanwhile Dak has actually proven he can play this game at a high level. So yeah I doubt Lawrence will be better until he proves it

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
yep cause I don’t use over emotion like you. A rookie unproven qb can bust no matter how highly touted they are (Ryan leaf) meanwhile Dak has actually proven he can play this game at a high level. So yeah I doubt Lawrence will be better until he proves it
Emotion? Lol

Thats all you do. You are a full-blown team mascot at this point.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
lets see.... as a quick look at his history shows he has basically most passing records in the state of Ga for HS players, surpassing Desean Watson.
As a true Freshman he led Clemson to an unbeaten season and an absolute thrashing of Alabama and the amazing Nick Saban in the National title game.
Everyone on the planet knew after his Freshman year in college he was gonna be the number 1 pick in the draft when he came out....he was.
He is regarded as one of the greatest QB prospects in history coming out of college. If this kid isnt the one to be hyped up, who the hell is.

Overated?? what more could he have done in his career in college?

Flamma

Reaction score
I'll reserve my opinion until after I see him play a season or two.

Shouldn't you play in at least one real game before you're crowned the real deal? I wish Trevor and the rookie QB class all the best. Like I've said before, I want to see good QBs in this league. But they're going to have to show me first before I start blowing smoke up their *****.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
And we were playing pretty much all backups. I'd love to see how he'd have done (and we'll get to see it next year) with Parsons bearing down on him every play.

I'd agree with you, in fact, I'd love to agree with you. But when was it ever different with our starters? Forget Trevor, BeatHard tore us up too. Trubiski looked like Joe Montana against us when we played Chicago. Sam Darnold looked like Warren Moon against us. That's coming off two horrible games against NE and the Eagles. Did Dallas learn anything from those two games? Apparently not. Right now I'm just crossing my fingers.

kskboys

Reaction score
I dont know what some of you are watching but that kid is the real deal.

And yes our D is infamous for making Joe Blow QBs look great, but both can be true.
Boyhowdy, you are not joking. That kid has it, just as we thought.

Coming into the game, someone was claiming how he hadn't looked good. Pure BS. He looked like the next coming. Looked as if he has IT.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yes.

If only because there's been so many no. 1 drafted quarterbacks that failed miserably in the NFL, would not be at all surprised if he joined those ranks...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I'd agree with you, in fact, I'd love to agree with you. But when was it ever different with our starters? Forget Trevor, BeatHard tore us up too. Trubiski looked like Joe Montana against us when we played Chicago. Sam Darnold looked like Warren Moon against us. That's coming off two horrible games against NE and the Eagles. Did Dallas learn anything from those two games? Apparently not. Right now I'm just crossing my fingers.

Have to hope the defense they were playing was designed solely to make the rest of the NFL think this is what they will be seeing from Dallas in the regular season, but the "real" defense will be totally different.

Oh well, it'd be pretty hard to be as bad or worse than last year, so there's that....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I'm aware of that, and I was at that Bears game. That said, I do like what I've seen from Parsons and our drafted rookies.