Does everybody feel comfortable with the back up QB situation?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
If the coaching staff is comfortable with them then so am I. Mainly because there is no one on the market now that we can get that I would have any more confidence in than Romo or Henson.

If we get Whitehurst in the draft that would be a good pickup to take Henson's spot (assuming Henson is gone as many are suggesting). But it looks like Romo is about as good an option as we are likely to have this year.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
our best solution is pick up aaron brooks, trade for volek as it will take a 6th or even lower pick. Schaub is not worth the $/trade since Atlanta probably has already realized how good he is. and romo and henson are terrible, lets face it they cant play its been 3 and 4 years for the two and neither of them have shown up talentwise or footballwise. so go out and get a vet like brooks or volek and we are set thank you very much.

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
our best solution is pick up aaron brooks, trade for volek as it will take a 6th or even lower pick. Schaub is not worth the $/trade since Atlanta probably has already realized how good he is. and romo and henson are terrible, lets face it they cant play its been 3 and 4 years for the two and neither of them have shown up talentwise or footballwise. so go out and get a vet like brooks or volek and we are set thank you very much.

Volek for a 6th, ha!

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
Brooks, and Feidler are both proven crap and Collins is done. Might as well go with our young guys and find out what they are.

Volek or Schaub are neither one available or I would consider them as viable options. If that situation changes I wouldn't mind getting one of these guys.

Ramsey would have been a good pickup IMO but he is off the market.

We have our guys for this year…just the way it is unless we draft a QB.

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
I said get brooks a few days ago and most people thought I was crazy but with the type of person brooks is I think he would fit in great with the boys

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
more like 12-14 Wins with Bledsoe Skinsfan 26....we are on another level now homeslice

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
Biggest weakness of the Cowboys is QB. If Bledsoe goes down, the Boys are in a world of hurt. This could be said for many teams, but the backup QBs in Dallas are definitely weak.

With Bledsoe, 9-10 win caliber team

With Henson, 4-5

:lmao2: :lmao: :laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh1:

You are referring to last year right?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
come on... how many teams have quality QB backups?

if our backup QB starts several games (especially division games) we're in trouble - just like every other team.

Slammin Bran 23

Reaction score
Release Romo and Henson, or keep them(which ever is cheaper). Sign Aaron Brooks or trade for Volek. Draft the best QB thats left. I wouldnt try getting Schaub becuase Atlanta wants to much for him. I think those are our best choices. I'm just throwing this out there, but I dont think it would be a bad idea to sign Aaron Brooks and try him out as starter with are offensive weapons. If he still is having trouble, make Bledsoe starter again.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Not with TO on the team. If you've invested that much, you need to bring in a proven backup so if Bledsoe goes down, well you know the rest.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
Slammin Bran 23 said:
Release Romo and Henson, or keep them(which ever is cheaper). Sign Aaron Brooks or trade for Volek. Draft the best QB thats left. I wouldnt try getting Schaub becuase Atlanta wants to much for him. I think those are our best choices. I'm just throwing this out there, but I dont think it would be a bad idea to sign Aaron Brooks and try him out as starter with are offensive weapons. If he still is having trouble, make Bledsoe starter again.

wow! Aaron Brooks starting? come on now, he is AT BEST a backup for Bledsoe. and no more.

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
:lmao2: :lmao: :laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh1:

You are referring to last year right?

No, this year...the division and conference are improved. Bledsoe is not getting younger or faster.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
No, this year...the division and conference are improved. Bledsoe is not getting younger or faster.

You do realize that your starting QB is going to be 37 this fall right? Bledsoe just turned 34. The only teams that have gotten better are the Cowboys and your deadskins (if you call adding a bunch of average players for obscene salaries getting better that is)

The giants signed a bunch of washed up defensive backs, which wasn't the answer the their secondary woes, no way Tiki Barber has the type of season he did last year, and Manning still sucks.

As for Philly McNabb is coming back from an injury and they have done nothing to address all the holes they had on defense last season.

Dallas is the team to beat, we got TO, two starting offensive lineman, a solid young linebacker and we aren't even finished yet.....that's not a homer response either it's the facts my man. :cool: