Does Ezekiel Elliot have any wow plays?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
revospeed said:
Just another thing to love about Zeke is that his best games don't come against Indiana or Rutgers or Maryland or Kent State. 220 yards and two TDs against Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship game, 230 yards and two touchdowns against Alabama in the college football playoffs, 250 yards and four TDs against Oregon in the NCG, 160 yards and 4 TDs against Notre Dame. He shows up in big games and he wants to feast.

860 yards and 12 TDs against four of the best teams in the country. That's insane!

That is very good, that he can and will play big in the big games !

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Just another thing to love about Zeke is that his bets games don't come against Indiana or Rutgers or Maryland or Kent State. 220 yards and two TDs against Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship game, 230 yards and two touchdowns against Alabama in the college football playoffs, 250 yards and four TDs against Oregon in the NCG, 160 yards and 4 TDs against Notre Dame. He shows up in big games and he wants to feast.

The Rutgers game was interesting. He got bottles up behind the LOS a whole bunch in the first half but ended up wearing them down In the second half and his lead blocking was that if a very good fullback. It wasn't just acceptable it was crucial.

He didn't waste a single movement or yard in that game

jchap

Reaction score
Felix wasn't even the best RB on his team in college.

kevm3

Reaction score
Felix Jones was fantastic in his specific role. When he was turned into a full time back, that's when things went downhill for him. Felix Jones averaged almost 9 yards a carry his first year in when he was used as a supplementary back, which he always was in college.

In regards to Elliott, he doesn't put off the shock value that Gurley or Peterson do, but his consistency is where we may win with him. We don't need for him to flip over defenders or throw them into the stands. We just need him to consistently march down the field, convert 3rd downs and increase our red zone conversion number. We also need him to secure the ball.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Felix Jones was fantastic in his specific role. When he was turned into a full time back, that's when things went downhill for him. Felix Jones averaged almost 9 yards a carry his first year in when he was used as a supplementary back, which he always was in college.

In regards to Elliott, he doesn't put off the shock value that Gurley or Peterson do, but his consistency is where we may win with him. We don't need for him to flip over defenders or throw them into the stands. We just need him to consistently march down the field, convert 3rd downs and increase our red zone conversion number. We also need him to secure the ball.

It would be amazing if he was this super durable reliable guy too.

I don't think any of his backups are much good anyway. Maybe dunbar has the top speed to hit a few plays this year if he makes the team but

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
He reminds me of Emmitt with a little more speed. Not flashy, but extremely efficient and will get every yard that is there. Plus, just a really well-rounded football player.

I'm excited as hell.

Alohawg1

Reaction score

You're right, people have really selective memories some times.

Scandri100

Reaction score
Gurley looks 10x better when you watch the highlights...Don't see anything special with Eliott to be honest. The only positive is that he rushed for plenty of yards on an ohio state team.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Definitely. ive said before his game reminds me a lot of Edgerrin James, who immediately put up monster numbers for a long time. Think we'd all be thrilled with that type of turnout.

Very underrated player when he was in his prime. People forget Faulk was good but not a gamebreaker at IND so got traded to STL. Faulk obviously developed his game as a pass catcher to add that dimension to his game when Warner and those offenses were so productive. But James was doing his own thing in IND that was overlooked mainly due to Peyton being more media friendly and a QB, etc.

lostar2009

Reaction score
If thats the case, then the nfl will laugh at us. I pray it isnt.

Laugh isnt the word. The whole Cowboy nation will. I wonder what is the bust rate on 1st rd qbs. Felix, Mcfadden, Trent Richardson comes to mind for me. Guys who wasn't worth their draft pick or just didn't pan out in the league.

pupulehaole

Reaction score
Gurley looks 10x better when you watch the highlights...Don't see anything special with Eliott to be honest. The only positive is that he rushed for plenty of yards on an ohio state team.

LOL you need to go see an eye doctor. "Dont see anything special with Elliott" That was some pure entertainment to read when I woke up. Thank you for that.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
High and tight while carrying the ball. An automatic improvement compared to some of our recent backs...

rynochop

Reaction score

18 posts, Elliot not special, I'm sure that's the internet dictionary definition of troll. But welcome to CZ, you have plenty of company