Does It Make A Person A Bad Fan To Hope For Bad Season & Red's Firing?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Seriously, at this point I would root for a 4-12 season if it guaranteed Red's departure.

Now I don't typically approve of fans rooting against their favorite team, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Its like having cancer that has spread in a limb, sometimes you have to amputate the limb in order to save the patient. Garrett is a cancer that must be excised to save the franchise, so some short term pain may be needed for longer-term game. I really hate the fact that Jerry has put me into this position of rooting against my favorite team, but it is what it is.

So yea, I might get called a bad fan, but if it means getting rid of Garrett, I am rooting for a losing season.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
4-12 won't get it done, he still has Rod and Scott to take the fall for 2018..................UNLESS it's Stephen doing it and not Jerry.

I wonder when Jerry's going to break the news to Stephen that Jason is really his step brother he forgot to tell him about.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Seriously, at this point I would root for a 4-12 season if it guaranteed Red's departure.

Now I don't typically approve of fans rooting against their favorite team, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Its like having cancer that has spread in a limb, sometimes you have to amputate the limb in order to save the patient. Garrett is a cancer that must be excised to save the franchise, so some short term pain may be needed for longer-term game. I really hate the fact that Jerry has put me into this position of rooting against my favorite team, but it is what it is.

So yea, I might get called a bad fan, but if it means getting rid of Garrett, I am rooting for a losing season.

Well you can hope for a good season...but that means Garrett keeps his job, lower draft pick and gone quickly in the playoffs ... it would be better not to make the playoffs and Garrett gone ...

Section446

Reaction score
There's nothing that will get Garrett fired at this point, he will be allowed to finish his contract.

aria

Reaction score
I love it! The draft hasn’t even started and people are already hoping for a losing season. At least it didn’t happen half way through the season like last year, way to raise the bar!

IMOF, lets hope for two losing seasons in a row. One to get rid of JG and the second to get a high QB pick in the draft because if we have another losing season Dak will most likely be the fall guy after JG.

So it’s settled, let’s start hoping for two losing seasons in a row. No need for further discussion, shut ‘er down!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It doesn’t matter. Jerry has his built in excise to keep Garret...we didn’t have a #1 WR...
I think he did it on purpose jist so he can keep his stupid coach of coach around.

As I said before, the Browns are closer to a SB than we are.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Won't do any good. Garrett's not going anywhere. He'll have more excuses even with a 4-12 season

superonyx

Reaction score
If you are routing for something..,anything because you believe it’s for the greater good then no you are not a bad fan.

Don’t let people try to shame you into routing the way they choose to and define what a fan is...

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I doubt it takes that in all honesty. They cut the all time leader in TDs because this staff didn’t like him anymore. They kept Dak in over Romo and moved on from him. They have invested resource after resource on the offense and looks like they will do it again on draft day. All for one playoff win. If this team has the same showing as last season again this year, they are cleaning house and I can’t be convinced otherwise.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Yes, that kind of thing definitely makes one a bad fan, and a selfish fan.

I hated Parcells, but I never hoped to lose because of him. Hope you get caught up in the excitement and feel differently when they take the field.

mugsybows

Reaction score

Nah bro I’m with you. Expose him!