Does It Make A Person A Bad Fan To Hope For Bad Season & Red's Firing?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Seriously, at this point I would root for a 4-12 season if it guaranteed Red's departure.

Now I don't typically approve of fans rooting against their favorite team, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Its like having cancer that has spread in a limb, sometimes you have to amputate the limb in order to save the patient. Garrett is a cancer that must be excised to save the franchise, so some short term pain may be needed for longer-term game. I really hate the fact that Jerry has put me into this position of rooting against my favorite team, but it is what it is.

So yea, I might get called a bad fan, but if it means getting rid of Garrett, I am rooting for a losing season.
beast no irt don make you a bad fan...i am so tired of redball

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Seriously, at this point I would root for a 4-12 season if it guaranteed Red's departure.

Now I don't typically approve of fans rooting against their favorite team, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Its like having cancer that has spread in a limb, sometimes you have to amputate the limb in order to save the patient. Garrett is a cancer that must be excised to save the franchise, so some short term pain may be needed for longer-term game. I really hate the fact that Jerry has put me into this position of rooting against my favorite team, but it is what it is.

So yea, I might get called a bad fan, but if it means getting rid of Garrett, I am rooting for a losing season.

I hope they can win it all. If the wheels come off, I hope it is bad because I too want Garrett gone.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
It would be funny if you got the bad season you hope for and for some crazy reason Garrett gets a extension. I'm sure someone must have thought/posted that one already. :lmao:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If you have to ask the question.

I want Garrett gone too, but not at the expense of rooting for failure. I will only root for the team to lose when winning doesn’t accomplish anything, like week 17 of last year.

If you could guarantee the next coach will win after Garrett leaves then sign me up for failure next year, but you can’t, so I won’t.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He won that award because of Dak and Zeke having monster rookie seasons. When it comes to actual coaching like creating game plans, making adjustments, etc., Garrett is one of the worst in the league. I mean, look at what happened when Zeke got suspended and our offense looked like utter garbage. Or the defense when Lee goes down. He doesn't know to adjust or actually coach up players. He's been a head coach for nearly now eight seasons in the league and he hasn't gotten better at any of those things. For god's sake, look at the Eagles. They lose their starting quarterback, LT and MLB and they win the damn Super Bowl. Pederson is another level above Garrett when it comes to actually being a coach. You think Garrett could win a Super Bowl with a backup quarterback, let alone a backup tackle and linebacker? You're dreaming if you think he can.
"You think Garrett could win a Super Bowl with a backup quarterback, let alone a backup tackle and linebacker?"

Your opinions should not be taken seriously.

Big_D

Reaction score
Get Garrett out of here. This team can't truly turn the corner until this clown is gone anyway.

I don't think you have to root for them to lose. No doubt Garrett will screw things up all on his own.

rkell87

Reaction score
No it doesn't, you are hoping that something bad will happen so that something good can happen. We know nothing good will happen with Jason as coach, hoping he gets fired and whatever goes along with that is the only reasonable response.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I personally doubt you need 4-12. If they don't make the playoffs then I bet it will be Stephen officially establish dominance and get "his guy" after the season.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

I completely understand your point.

But what will change if Red goes? Not saying keeping him makes it better. But what improvement does this FO make if Garrett is adiosed?

To me it comes down to same dookie, different day.

Them

Reaction score
...I'll never root for the Cowboys to loose...ever!

mrdale29

Reaction score
So, say we do go 4-12 who is going to be our target for head coach. Certainly no one working at the star now.

Big_D

Reaction score
I sure miss playoff football. Not to worry another dozen years and we'll have the league right where we want them!

Frozen700

Reaction score
Listen, unless, Wentz, Brady, big Ben, and Rodgers all go down... We aren't winning with this current squad, mainly at QB and coaching staff

So yes, I hope we fail and fail hard....7-9 won't cut it. Garrett might still stock around, and we had a low draft pick, and no chance to upgrade at QB.

I'm all for 3-13 or worse. Garrett and his team of misfits are gone as well as a chance to upgrade Dak. If Rush isn't already that guy

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Desiring a bad result in order to ‘receive’ a non guaranteed but welcomed outcome?

It is not a logical desire but it is based in emotion, which has proved very unreliable for an incredibly long time on this planet. Has not stop anyone yet. Probably never will.

So, I guess the correct answer is knock yourself by gambling on something that may either grant your wish—despite the fact doing so has zero impact in the real world—or purposefully fooling yourself into eventually feeling cheated even though you could not affect the outcome anyway.

:huh:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I don't think garrett leaves after this season regardless of the record.