Does Jason Garrett survive this scenario Pt. 2

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
10-6 would break the 8-8 cycle; and Garrett would have done it with a team that wasn't expected to do a thing in 2014 but earn a high draft pick.

Garrett is back next year; and I'm not convinced that's a bad thing. This team plays hard for him.

Zman5

Reaction score
The Cowboys are 10-5 going into Washington and are in a win and you are in scenario and lose to Washington to finish 10-6 and out of the playoffs. Does Garret survive?

If I'm getting paid 4Mill a year for being average, not only am I surviving, I would say I'm thriving.

Zman5

Reaction score
IF Garrett can draft a D line like the O line he's put together then maybe we should keep him, unless Jerry wants to pull the trigger and get someone more accomplished which he won't do. Jerry will see the Defense as the problem and Garrett will be excused from that failure. So, Jerry will give Garrett time to fix the D, which means a few more years of carrot top...........

Go look at the defensive draft we had in 2012. I have doubts if he can draft defensive players well.

Zman5

Reaction score
Can you fire Garrett at this point, no matter what happens the rest of the season? Isn't it a bit late in the day for Romo to be starting over? If we were going to change offenses with Romo, the time to do it was following the 2010 season.

By now, most people recognize Garrett was the wrong hire at that time. He was too green, and the Cowboys ended up wasting the prime years of the most prolific passer in Cowboys history.

Unfortunately, 2014 is too late to change.

Although I agree with you for the most part, I've also seen someone like Harbaugh take his team with Alex Smith to the NFC Championship game in his first year. So it is possible for someone who knows what they are doing to do the same with Romo.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if Garrett got fired no matter what happens the rest of the year. He is Jerry's boy.