Does Jeff Heath have any gas left in the tank?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I've just not been feeling very good lately. Been still dealing with an illness for two months now (I at least now know what it is, but it's taken a lot to clear), and I've been really frustrated with a lot. I just saw the tweet earlier, and thought it'd be an interesting topic of discussion. I'm sorry all. My health has been awful of late.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Underrated player? Jeff Heath was a great teams player and a backup level safety.

A backup level safety that was gifted a starting safety spot for years because the front office refused to bring in actual quality safeties.

I liked Jeff Heath. He was a good backup and great special teams player. You need guys like that on your team.

But if anything he was overrated by a lot of fans and certainly the front office.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I thought he was decent. He wasn't great, but he wasn't horrible.
He made an ooooo and ahhhh play from time to time and the rest of the time he was a liability. He would have a big hit, but most of the time a liability in run support. He would make an occasional play in coverage, but most of the time teams picked on him. He wasn't underrated. There was a pool pf fans that really want him to be a thing

There is a reason why most wanted him gone long before he was. Even now Wilson is a far better player than Heath was in his prime

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He made an ooooo and ahhhh play from time to time and the rest of the time he was a liability. He would have a big hit, but most of the time a liability in run support. He would make an occasional play in coverage, but most of the time teams picked on him. He wasn't underrated. There was a pool pf fans that really want him to be a thing

There is a reason why most wanted him gone long before he was. Even now Wilson is a far better player than Heath was in his prime

Sure, but, like I said, at least he'd give his all, unlike some of the players in this team.

offlimits

Reaction score

The person in the above link mentioned about him being an underrated player, which Jeff Heath was. It got me thinking. Does Jeff Heath have anything left in the tank? I know he's not played since 2021 and is 33. That said, if he has anything left in the tank, he might be a good bandaid at safety for us until the offseason. He's probably an upgrade over what we have now. Could be worth a vet minimum deal?

NO.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Can only imagine how bad it’s going to get here if we lose tomorrow. I like our chances against the Steelers better than I do against Detroit and San Francisco. We could be staring at 2-5 or worse if the Cowboys lose tomorrow.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Anything LEFT? There was nothing to begin with.

What an awful football player.
This.

I doubt he could have started for a good college team during his NFL career.

Worst player at the safety position i have ever watched.

rambo2

Reaction score

The person in the above link mentioned about him being an underrated player, which Jeff Heath was. It got me thinking. Does Jeff Heath have anything left in the tank? I know he's not played since 2021 and is 33. That said, if he has anything left in the tank, he might be a good bandaid at safety for us until the offseason. He's probably an upgrade over what we have now. Could be worth a vet minimum deal?

He has a Tesla.