Does Jeff Heath have any gas left in the tank?

shabazz

Reaction score

The person in the above link mentioned about him being an underrated player, which Jeff Heath was. It got me thinking. Does Jeff Heath have anything left in the tank? I know he's not played since 2021 and is 33. That said, if he has anything left in the tank, he might be a good bandaid at safety for us until the offseason. He's probably an upgrade over what we have now. Could be worth a vet minimum deal?

He's an electric car by now........no gas

Sydla

Reaction score

The person in the above link mentioned about him being an underrated player, which Jeff Heath was. It got me thinking. Does Jeff Heath have anything left in the tank? I know he's not played since 2021 and is 33. That said, if he has anything left in the tank, he might be a good bandaid at safety for us until the offseason. He's probably an upgrade over what we have now. Could be worth a vet minimum deal?

LOL. A good bandaid.

He was a JAG when here the first time.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I thought he was decent. He wasn't great, but he wasn't horrible.
The guy had footspeed talent, and he made plays and lost plays.

All the handwringing by Dallas fans over Jeff Heath was not his fault. He legitimately beat the competition that was brought into every training camp while he was here in Dallas.

The blame for Jeff Heath being a Cowboy is not Jeff Heath, its the front office and talent scouts.

It will be the same for Prescott, Martin, Steele, Dowdle, Wilson and any other Cowboys player you hate or despise. The only solutions for players who don't meet your expectations are the management and talent people.

It's not the players fault. As for bringing back Jeff Heath...that is a hard no. We should be finding better solutions, and if there aren't any week five is the wrong time to be addressing this.