Does Mike McCarthy want to go another season without Dak

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
So the 3 million more makes it not good? I'm trying to follow you here.....

Duh! The more money you can save for other parts of the team is what that 3 mil could be used for. Does Dak REALLY need 3 more mil! Come on, don't play stupid.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Duh! The more money you can save for other parts of the team is what that 3 mil could be used for. Does Dak REALLY need 3 more mil! Come on, don't play stupid.
Well for starters I was engaging with another poster. So these "Duh" and "don't play stupid" remarks are unnecessary especially when I Wasn't even talking to you. But since you do want to butt in what players are you getting in here for that extra 3 million? Hell Cedric Thorton cost you more than that.....

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Well for starters I was engaging with another poster. So these "Duh" and "don't play stupid" remarks are unnecessary especially when I Wasn't even talking to you. But since you do want to butt in what players are you getting in here for that extra 3 million? Hell Cedric Thorton cost you more than that.....

Sorry for ruining your conversation with the other guy. However, you and other might be catching on that giving Dak all the freaking money leaves nothing for other parts of the team! Don't play stupid, because I know you aren't.

Now, back to your argument with the other smart guy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sorry for ruining your conversation with the other guy. However, you and other might be catching on that giving Dak all the freaking money leaves nothing for other parts of the team! Don't play stupid, because I know you aren't.

Now, back to your argument with the other smart guy.

You're missing what I'm saying though. If you want to say that giving Dak 50 million instead of 37 stops us from helping the defense then that's a fair point.

But if you're willing to give Dak 37 instead of 40...I'm sorry whether it makes me stupid or not I just fail to see that 3 million giving you someone. And quite frankly, if the 3 million is so pressing to the Cowboys tell them to release all the deadweight on the team to get that 3 million back.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You're missing what I'm saying though. If you want to say that giving Dak 50 million instead of 37 stops us from helping the defense then that's a fair point.

But if you're willing to give Dak 37 instead of 40...I'm sorry whether it makes me stupid or not I just fail to see that 3 million giving you someone. And quite frankly, if the 3 million is so pressing to the Cowboys tell them to release all the deadweight on the team to get that 3 million back.

Oh, yeah. Tons of dead weight, and you and I and the rest of us fans know who they are. Now, my question to you. Do you honestly think that Dak actually really needs 3 mil more? And lets don't bring up, well, that is the market stuff. Let's talk real life...will he or the team be better off if Dak gets 3 more mil. Don't try that Economic 101 stuff. Does he really need that and how would that affect him or the team in the long run.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh, yeah. Tons of dead weight, and you and I and the rest of us fans know who they are. Now, my question to you. Do you honestly think that Dak actually really needs 3 mil more? And lets don't bring up, well, that is the market stuff. Let's talk real life...will he or the team be better off if Dak gets 3 more mil. Don't try that Economic 101 stuff. Does he really need that and how would that affect him or the team in the long run.
So you're telling me you'd give up 3 million just to appease Jerry? I'm not following you....3 million is 3 million. For Dak to lower the QB market would be a disservice to the quarterbacks signing contracts after him.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
So you're telling me you'd give up 3 million just to appease Jerry? I'm not following you....3 million is 3 million. For Dak to lower the QB market would be a disservice to the quarterbacks signing contracts after him.

Can you read? Don't try that Economic 101 stuff...lol.

The bolded part I have no clue what that even means?

I'm not telling you anything and I never met Jerry. That question sound like something that Dak is thinking, so you have to ask him, not me.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
do you really believe mike wants to go another year without a defense that can hold an opponent under 30 points a game?

it’s not such a simple question as does he or does he not want dak? All the pieces have to add up to a greater sum which means that he has to find a way to not hamper the team by signing dak to a deal that impedes the rest of the team

Sign dak , yes absolutely but it can’t be in the 40 mil range a year or it’s going to hamper the ability to put money to other parts of the team
We had too many injuries in the middle of the defense of line. We have the players. Need a middle linebacker in a safety

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You are correct as far as I know. On the first part. Don Shula, Bill Parcells, Mike Holmgren too I believe, all took two teams to a SB. I could be missing someone.

Oh, duh, Dan Reeves and Andy Reed.
Yeah but they didn’t win with both teams

jnday

Reaction score
Do you really believe, Mike wants to go another season Without Prescott. After all he might be the first head coach ever to win a Super Bowl with the second team
The only thing that MM could not make it without, is a dozen doughnuts every morning to maintain his physique.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah but they didn’t win with both teams

I know. One of them didn't win with either team. But you said only one coach got there with two different teams. Or did I read that wrong? I forget. You would think the law of averages alone would have seen it happen by now.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know. One of them didn't win with either team. But you said only one coach got there with two different teams. Or did I read that wrong? I forget. You would think the law of averages alone would have seen it happen by now.
No you got it right. I should explain myself better. I didn’t expect so many people to not get it. That’s just a mentality I guess

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The time to be cheap was with Zeke, Lawrence and Jaylon...I just don’t see how you can overpay everyone and then when it comes to Dak they want to be concerned about the cap.

I agree, they should've been more frugal with Zeke, DLaw and Jaylon, but the fact that they did overpay those guys is exactly why they can't continue the same nonsense. Stupidity X 3 is bad enough, but stupidity X 4 is even worse.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
McCarthy is lucky to have a job. He’ll go this season with Jerry at QB if he has to. No way he gets a third chance at being a HC.
If I’ve learned anything with Jerry it’s never say never. Change is inevitable. I didn’t want mike in the first place

Flamma

Reaction score
I agree, they should've been more frugal with Zeke, DLaw and Jaylon, but the fact that they did overpay those guys is exactly why they can't continue the same nonsense. Stupidity X 3 is bad enough, but stupidity X 4 is even worse.

DLaw is probably the only one playing somewhat up to expectations. Zeke was by far the worst. The Cowboys will be paying 2016 Zeke in 2021 and 2022. You can't even trade him because no one is taking that contract. But what were they supposed to do with Jaylon? If you didn't extend him and he played great in his 4th year, he'll walk. Just like the 8 guys Dallas has right now up for an extension. Does Dallas not pay any of them and let them walk after 2021?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
A season without Dak is a good question, but a similar question would be does McCarthy want to go another season without a defense?
That's a relevant question depending on how much it costs to sign Dak.

Flamma

Reaction score
Did you read the second paragraph. Never has a head coach won a Super Bowl with more than one team

Besides Brady, has a quarterback? I didn't look it it up, that would be no fun. I know Kurt Warner got to a SB with two different teams, but didn't win both.

Flamma

Reaction score
A season without Dak is a good question, but a similar question would be does McCarthy want to go another season without a defense?
That's a relevant question depending on how much it costs to sign Dak.

He's going to whether he likes it or not. Whether they sign Dak or not. Signing him just guarantees it.